Zero Point Energy

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by K.FLINT, Nov 26, 2007.

1. K.FLINT Devil's advocate :D Registered Senior Member

Here is a PDF page from a 1997 conference on Propulsion Physics from NASA

http://gltrs.grc.nasa.gov/reports/1997/TM-97-206241.pdf

Dr. Frank Mead of Edwards Air Force Base became a front runner with his Zero Point patent for ANTI-GRAVITY and deep space travel. { novel website on this located here } http://www.electrifyingtimes.com/santazeropoint.html

He designed receivers to be spherical collectors of zero point radiation with hemisphere reflectors of beat frequencies. More information on Zero Point Energy and Dr. Mead's research can be found here: http://users.erols.com/iri/ZPEpaper.html

A company is also close to producing Zero Point batteries, the company is Magnetic Power Inc. and you can see there website at http://www.magneticpowerinc.com/

Another informative article on ZPE titled Fueling the Future with ZPE
    By Mark Goldes, 2004 http://www.americanantigravity.com/mark-goldes-article.shtml

So we could have free energy as well as faster then light space travel.

P.S Hey Read-Only you said on another post
    I was able to work this one in

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

{ joke }

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

This should cause some interesting discussions... I am sure of that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

While that IS interesting, I'd be very cautious about placing much faith in the claims made in those links. For one thing, they state that the energy density from ZPE is huge - while most of everything else I've read about it in the past 20 years indicates that more solid-thinking researchers believe it it actually quite small. I remember that on e fellow in particular (sorry, can't recall his name or even where I read it) compared it to "heating a house in the winter with a single match."

However, I do recall one article that I read and here's a link to it: http://www.padrak.com/ine/ZPESCIAM.html

It's also worth remembering that companies like Magnetic Power Inc. that you linked to are ALWAYS very close to producing something - yet never are able to do so. The vast majority of their press releases and announcements are nothing more than hype that's designed to attract investors. Once they think that enough people are buying into their "promising research" they will begin asking for money to "bring their product to market" or to "continue it's development.

You may recall the famous (infamous?) demonstration of an over-unity device that an Irish company set up for public display in London a while back. They opened it to the public and even provided web cams connected to the Internet. Needless to say, the demonstration failed miserably, After a few vain attempts to explain it away - such as the failure being caused by excessively bright and hot lights, a bearing that failed and could not be readily replaced - they promised to return. But never did. The device and the company quickly faded into obscurity and now isn't on anyone's radar. Not a single blip to be found anywhere.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

It's Called Having An Open Mind.

8. K.FLINT Devil's advocate :D Registered Senior Member

I do agree with your comment about Magnetic Power Inc, { I added it as fluff }
    I was more intrigued by the NASA and DARPA articles.

9. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

But it can be TOO open - due to holes in the head. You sound like just the guy I've been looking for. I've got some prime swampland in Floridia that I've like to unload on someone with a very open mind...

10. Reiku Banned Banned

I'm a great believer in not neglecting a theory or outcome, until there is empiracle evidence to suggest it is somehow and totally, incorrect. This would be a wise attitude for all scientists out there. Then there wouldn't be so much controversy.

11. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Now, I'm not opposed to that at all. However, with the thought in mind that many such theories - like several you've presented here - are obviously faulty from the get-go and don't warrant any additional investigation.

When they are ill-conceived and violate basic principles long-proven to be accurate, giving them any attention at all would be a big waste of time and other resources that could be MUCH better spent on other lines of research. The time, money, manpower, lab space, equipment, etc. available is limited and should not be wasted on crackpot ideas. There's already a HUGE backlog of valid research to be done - and that's THE biggest problem with what you are saying.

12. Reiku Banned Banned

They are not faulty, because i know they weren't. The most implausibility of them is what made them difficult to accept. That doesn't mean they where faulty.

I asked on several occasions to give evidence to show either the math or the work was faulty. No one succeeded. No one.

Even ben failed each time he siad, ''so why is this,'' ''what is this,'' and ''how is this,'' are not proposals that destroy a theory... in fact, he was even ignorant to many of the concepts which are used by physicists everyday.

Now, i agree, there needs to be a lot of work done... i think more than what anyone realizes. But this shouldn't deter us from exploring even the most profound theories, and keep an open mind.

13. K.FLINT Devil's advocate :D Registered Senior Member

lol

Hey, now. Let's not try and remove me from a job ok?

14. K.FLINT Devil's advocate :D Registered Senior Member

The Point

Also, can we keep on thread here please?

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Heh - not to worry. Like I said, there's PLENTY to keep you occupied - probably all the way until you're ready to retire - and then even more after that!

16. Reiku Banned Banned

Sure.

I have another theory presented a while back proposing that relativity predicted that if normal gravity was a result of forward time particle matter, then perhaps time-reversed matter equalled antigravity.

17. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Okey-dokey, let's go back to ZPE then. Anyone else have any info they want to share about it? I really AM interested in solid stuff on the topic.

18. K.FLINT Devil's advocate :D Registered Senior Member

mm

Not sure how that relates, I do know that it's been purposed that a particle that is traveling at faster then light speed { most of which have a negative charge } may be traveling into the future.

19. Reiku Banned Banned

I\ll talk more on the Zero-Point Energy Field, after i just show this small work...

Kinetic energy implies to a change or a velocity derived from a fraction of potential energy.
    Potential energy is therefore an inference to a storage of kinetic energy where the increase of velocities experienced the higher the Potential Kinetic energy one may claim is observing. Obviously the more kinetic energy the more velocity* and the more apparent energy is perceived as a ‘’force’’ that is stronger by more velocities. One must imagine if two equal velocities collide, they cancel each other out, but in doing so this cancelled out amount is then transferred as potential energy. This resistance experienced through the increase of Kinetic energy ‘’might’’, and I’m only assuming here, be linked to the electromagnetic sea (the Zero-Point Energy Field). As an object moves through spacetime, it warps the fabric, causing spacetime to curve and radiate gravitation. But as an object moves through spacetime, does it also cause distortions in the ZPF? I’ve even postulated that emotions and thoughts could be directly influenced by that negative energy in the vacuum similar to how it affects electrons.
    The Kinetic Energy for a moving ‘’point object’’ is given as:

Ek=1/2mv2

Where m is the mass and v is the velocity. And the Kinetic Energy of a system is related to its momentum as:

Ek=P2/2m

No object can be said to have a unique Kinetic value because everything is conserved in energy physics.

*^ In fact, this might have something to do with the electromagnetic sea, as the theory right now is going. The idea is that the ZPF is distorted as matter moves through it, and acceleration means an increase in spacetime distortion, thus we must assume that the equation describing spacetime distortions can now be applied to the electromagnetic sea; which is somehow the same thing as Dirac’s Sea. In fact, this point of zero-energy, filled paradoxically with an enormous amount of energy, might even give rise to the principle of inertia. Some how, the distortion act on the innate properties of the particle, and causes a restriction in the quantum mechanism… a resistance.

So Kinetic Energy might be intimately linked to Newton’s Law of Inertia. Einstein used it, but he never gave a valid explanation why it would happen, apart from relativistic concepts involving dilation. Though now we are able to link such distortions causing resistive forces in the universe. It is weird to think of particles that aren’t normally affected by inertia in this sense. Antiparticles are the time-reversed entity of particles. They must also then have an antienergy, and an antimomentum, and an anti-inertia. It’s sometimes hard to visualize an anti-inertia. I see it as something that gives rise to positive properties. If this is true, then maybe some positive matter has an anti-gravity? I’m just speculating, but if there is an antimatter and antienergy, then gravity is also a force found to be repulsive, and if so, then there must be an anti-inertia.

20. Reiku Banned Banned

Since my studies are totally conscious-bound, you will understand why I chase the following idea with awe and wonder. The contending idea of scientists working deeply in this field concerning consciousness and the ZPF, believe that consciousness arose from the ZPF, just like matter and energy. Dr. Shiuji Inomata in Japan believes that thoughts and feelings might come out of the electromagnetic sea.
    I would like to add something to this. Not only do they come from here, but they are also influenced by the sea. In Dirac’s Equation, we find that there is a sea of negatively spinning particle, influencing little electrons on their path through spacetime, making their speeds look much less than lightspeed v<c. The real electron was still being influenced by this negative sea, and so does thoughts and feelings, I think.
    But the New Physics isn’t just about the Zero-Point Field, but also how the observer becomes entangled with reality, able to collapse the wave function. In Copenhagen, the answer is the multiple possibilities for an electrons path, spin, angular momentum and position are deflated into defined properties, soley through the simple act of an observation. In the Bohmian Interpretation, there is a quantum potential field, capable of telling, that is, individual particles exactly what kind of instrument is being used to observe them! I think that within the next few decades, we will be working with a blue-print expressing harmony and symmetry in our works. In fact, I think that is what we are subliminally doing right now.

You know, according to Einstein, there was no such thing as matter. Just energy. Strange this isn’t it. Just energy… In fact, all this energy had to come from somewhere, and according to physics, we call this source the Zero-Point Energy Field. It is an electromagnetic sea, and has strong correlations with the Dirac Sea of negatively spinning virtual particles.
    A ‘’thing’’ has a lot of energy. Even a small particle contains a whopping amount of energy for its size. Take a marble. It contains something like 10^99 grams of energy! That’s a lot of energy. But if you were to extract every bit of matter and energy from the vacuum, you would still have a massive amount of energy left over. This is the electromagnetic virtual sea of the Zero-Point Energy Field.
    Inertial mass appears to be the resistance an object has when being accelerated; when it is inexorably subjected to a force. In Newton's equation of motion, the application of a force begins to stop, the acceleration goes down, all the way to zero, and the object remains in a uniformal motion. Physical objects are thus assumed to resist acceleration, because that resistance is, or at least appears to be an intrinsic property of matter. F=ma is obviously the equation that states that the change of velocity is proportional to the force F, where the constant is the inertial mass m of the object.
    The work i am studying right now (seen earlier) suggests inertia is a property, or shadow at best of a property arising out of all-pervading electromagnetic field of the Zero-Point Energy Field... I like this study, because i have thoughts that even consciousness might arise out of this vacuum, just like matter and energy does.
    From what i have learned, is that the Zero-Point Energy Field (should be) a background temperature of electromagnetic radiation that is uniform and isotropic... Recent results interestingly showed that as a moving observer accelerates through the Zero-Point Field, the spectrum of the Zero-Point Field becomes distorted, just like acceleration in spacetime causes natural distortions, and the distortions increase with an ascending value of acceleration.
    It turns out that there is no longer need to suppose that there is something called mass having an ''innate property'', inertia, that resists acceleration; the really interesting thing that is really happening, is that an electromagnetic force acts on the inner charge of matter which ultimately creates the effect of inertia!

21. K.FLINT Devil's advocate :D Registered Senior Member

So has the government but as of yet, no one has got anywhere with it.

then there must be an anti-inertia.

As for that, there is no such thing as reverse thrusters merely force applied in the opposite direction of a body in motion.

22. Reiku Banned Banned

I did not know anyone else had presumed that thoughts are buffeted by the ZPF... do you have a link for me?

Yes... there should be something what we call an anti-inertia, and it must be the opposite to the type of matter with the negative gravity force keeping us all comprised together.

''As for that, there is no such thing as reverse thrusters merely force applied in the opposite direction of a body in motion.''

Drives are not my speciality, but i think your postulation would indeed be correct.

23. K.FLINT Devil's advocate :D Registered Senior Member

that thoughts are buffeted by the ZPF, supposedly they working more towards mind control

as for a link, id have to look into it