ZERO Tolerance - religious V non religious

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Theoryofrelativity, Apr 6, 2006.

?

What are you

1. Religious

21.1%
  2. Athiest

50.0%
  3. Agnostic

7.9%
  4. No religion but believe in God

21.1%
  1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Shinto religion's "Kami" was not anything described as a monotheistic god described in Christianity or Islam. It can't be compared.

Of course they wouldn't go back, but that has nothing to do with religion.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Atheists numbers are growing:

Nonreligious Increasing

Trends in the Growth and Decline of Religion versus Atheism and Agnosticism

Atheist wins discrimination case

Religions are declining:

Germany

India

click

Yep, slowly but surely, the meak shall inheret the earth.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Godless

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

I don't know the future and neither do you.

Your hope is that it wll become majority athiest, but my hope is that Islam will become dominant.

Peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I know the future. This planet will end in a ball of fire and the atoms which now make up your body won't care and won't know anything about Allah or atheism or any of the other silly ideas of humanity.

8. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

Please, there was a long period of time where the political head of state was considered divine. Sounds pretty religious to me. We are talking about religion, not a specific religion. There has been no christian society yet on earth, i.e one in accordance with christian ideology, ever, so we can't even know what that would be like. It most certainly, ad infinitum, would not be like conservative americans, for example, would have it.

Oh, so their society got fucked up, with "nothing to do with religion"? There goes your argument. I thought societies got messed up by religion??!?

9. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I hope the meek do inherit the earth, but you aren't meek, you insist that your way is the only rational way, so your kind will fade, according to your statement.
    If there is one way for us to survive, it is for the meek to inherit the earth.

edit- I would hope pray beg insist, etc. that the only way we could ever have a completely christian society is to have the actual return of Christ and have the athiests convert by using their own eyes and believing, and since you guys aren't worried about that ever happening, and I have my doubts about when that will ever literally happen, we don't have to worry about it. If we ever had a "christian" society insisting athiesm be removed from the society, I would leave too, it is just too unreasonable.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  10. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

It's been 2500 years, it's time to give it up. The prophesis of jesus return was supposed to have happened during the life time of his disiples, it didn't! It has't, and it will never happen. Jesus is dead.

He was a demi-god created 100 years or so after the fact, we don't have proof of him ever even existed, it's all mythical bs, made to manipulate the masses. Once people start accepting that we are on our own, perhaps we be united by "reason" to survive.

Godless

11. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

That's ok. I'll stick with my meek, "you believe what you believe and I'll believe what i believe", and "can't we all just get along?", and I get to be here on the earth when the inheritence comes through.
    Have fun wherever your kind goes. Maybe you get to be part of the super-race that makes a new start on some space station, while the loser race of humanity stays here, good for you.
    I'm just messing around obviously, but a little bit of realising that other people might not be as dumb and irrational as you think they are wouldn't hurt you at all.
    But you're alright, at least you care about spiritual matters enough to always be talking about them. Hahaha.

12. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Well cole, my background does involve religion, I was idoctrinated catholic as a child, became christian in my early teens, a babtist by my later teens, and an atheist as an adult. I just grew out of religion

My kind? Humans die, and perish, wether they believe in fary tales or not. There's no life after death. For anyone. Jesus proved that! since he hasn't been back for the past 2500 years

I don't assume everyone is dumb, just mislead.

BTW I have lots of friends that are religious, i get along just fine.

How can one avoid it? when the main stream believe us to be outcasts!
    click

I'm only here to settle a score against main stream thought and rhetoric.

Godless

13. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

Your kind= the not meek. I hope you have read enough of my posts to understand i wasn't talking about hell or any of that, i was just playing with the idea that the meek inherit the earth, and you don't, NOT relating to the athiest/theist thing at all. The actual working out of the meek inheriting the earth is far too full of conjecture to really literally argue about, but i didn't mean the afterlife or hell or whatever. Just so you know.
    Good luck with that one, hahaha.
    No seriously, I hope the psychological factors involving religion and your (now) freedom from it are all worked out in the best possible way. Perhaps you will get to the point someday where you are truly uninfluenced by the negative religious experiences you had and perceive, and can experience spirituality in a way that is unbiased, which for you may be a complete lack of influence of it in your life, it is not my place to judge that. I do think you show signs of it still being a wound of some sort, or you wouldn't be SO vigilant in your attacks, but I have my own issues to work out/figure out, so whatever.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Since your way of life is based on faith and not reality, yours can be the only hope.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you may wish to check the definition of religion, then.

You sure like to words in everyone elses mouth, don't ya?

Who said they're society was fucked up?

16. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you should look up the definition of "divine". I have a pretty well-founded idea that "divinity" can only be involved in a religious society of some sort. An athiest, for example, would say there is nothine "divine", because it implies a spiritual heirarchy, and the existence of God or Gods.
    Maybe you would say that the Japanese religious life in that historical period is acceptable, because it isn't as bad as the monotheistic religions, but I thought we were talking about religion as a whole.

The people from the ussr said it to me, three different cases from three different situations, I didn't make it up. They would laugh at you if you said the USA (an example to you of a more religious society), wasn't way better. I personallly have no experience in which is better.
    Russia is on the 'top 50 list of least religious countries' that I looked at.
    Perhaps you were saying the reason they wouldn't want to go back is not because it is messed up, but I thought you would agree with them and say, ok your country is messed up, but not because of religion- that is what it looked like you were saying. Please feel free to explain what you meant, when you agreed they would not want to go back, but not because of religion.

What about africa? They weren't involved in organized religion until missionaries came (besides the northern parts of the continent at least), so basically for a long long time, and I'm quite sure you wouldn't want to have been born in a randomly chosen african country instead of a religious european one. Things are very rough in some areas due to ethnic wars.

17. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

The entire argument between both groups I find laughable. Deplorable, from a logical or sane point of view. The idea of "better" and "worse" are speculative, which is why there's fighting in the first place. It's not zero tolerance, really, it's just a lack of open mindedness. And because these two extremes are entirely speculative, neither side will ever "win" unless they STOP fighting.

Heh, religious conflict is going to be the end of the world one day...

18. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Well having read all the posts here, it seems to me that athiests are more intolerant towards religious mindset than than the religious are of the athiest mindset. Is this a correct and fair conclusion reading through the posts?

Religious want to remain true to their belief system but athiests actually seem keener on trying to 'convert' others to their non belief system.

Why is it so important to religious and athiest to spread their view as far and wide as possible? Why can you not hold your view privately and live accordingly by whatever rules/morals you set yourselves..why the need to go forth and multiply?

Can only be one reason...power/strength in numbers...what do want this power for?

Power to effect social change? Power to influence political system? Power to weald over others? What

19. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Meanwhile re poll, so far the majority (slight) poller believes in God which surprises me as this is science forum, so inspite of science, belief in God remains strong, even though religion is being increasingly rejected.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

maybe,

peace.

21. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i agree totaly, i touched on this subject a while ago,

peace,

22. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i wanted to vote on the poll, but i am unsure wich one to vote for?

i dont class myself as any of those, what does a daoist class as?, because daoism dosent ever speak of "god/s" so is it a religion if t has nothing to do with gods? only understanding of human nature, the universe and the natural flow of existence,

give me a seperate daoist vote selection please,

peace.

23. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I would say its a religion? There is daoist religion (numerous hells and heavens!) and then there is the philosophy.