Zombie-like Attack in Florida

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, May 29, 2012.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Police responded to a report of a naked man attacking another naked man and found one guy literally eating the other guy's face. The police ordered the man to stop. When he didn't, the officer shot the attacker who responded by growling at the officer and then resumed eating the guy's face. It took at least 4 shots to kill the attacker. The victim was then rushed to the hospital but his entire face including his nose and eyes had been eaten by the attacker.

Police believe the attacker had been using "bath salts", which they say is a dangerous new form of LSD.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's about as correct to say it's a dangerous new form of LSD as to say it's a dangerous new form of breath mint. The only similarity is that they are both synthetic and made from chemicals.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balerion Banned Banned

And despite all I say about religion and superstition, there's a tiiiiny (but very real) part of me that believes this is the beginning of the zombie apocalypse.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neverfly Banned Banned

'Superstition' would best avoid a discussion that has a clear example of how the "mind" is so easily changed and influenced by physical properties.

Why didn't the drugged out mans SOUL assert itself and prevent this from happening when the Brain was altered?

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

This case demonstrates the complete infeasibility of the zombie apocalypse.

"Hey Brad, what happened downtown?"

"Found a guy eating someone else's face. Warned him twice, then shot him in the head."

"Good work. Make sure you fill out the report. Is that a honey glaze?"

Because if the cops catch you eating face, they will just shoot you before the lawyers and paramedics can arrive. Problem solved.

9. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

I say.
    What a grisly tale. I have heard of using bath salts, but does epson salt count.
    Calgone. Takes you away.
    To JAIL. If used improperly. Who would have thought....

10. Neverfly Banned Banned

If used improperly... what are you talking about?! Did they fail to follow the directions on the label?
    This is one of those things that happens when someone zonks their brain with heavy chemicals. He didn't use them improperly- he used them.

11. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Or to the graveyard.
    Wonder how Hanabil Lector feels today

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Maybe he didn't follow the directions of the label. These substances are legal in many states.

13. Neverfly Banned Banned

In what states are LSD legal in? How does state law override Federal Law?

I doubt he picked up LSD at Wal-Mart.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's not LSD.

15. Neverfly Banned Banned

What is it?
    According to the O.P. and news articles, it's LSD. But hey, I don't really know.

You could have saved time by saying, "It's not LSD. It is ___________"

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...naked-face-chewing-attack-bath-salts-lsd?lite

16. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

The active ingredient in so-called "bath salts" is a chemical called mephedrone.

If it were LSD, it wouldn't be (quasi-)legal to sell it. That's where the name "bath salts" comes from - it's a chemical that is legal to possess, and also legal to sell, just not for human consumption. So they label it "bath salts."

The article seems to be quoting someone who is talking out of his ass (LSD doesn't produce any of the effects he attributes to the substance - maybe he's confusing it with PCP?). Looks like the article didn't fact-check that thoroughly - or at all - and then the OP just repeated that uncritically.

Note that your link there is clear about bath salts and LSD being different things. Still has a lot of nonsense, though (stuff about LSD causing your "organs to burn up inside your body" for example). It's kind of amazing how ignorant and counter-factual reporting related to recreational drugs is, even coming from major news organizations.

17. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Theres only enough room for one naked man here

18. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

That was definitely not LSD, in fact one report put it as being a methedrone derivative.

What is more likely is that reporters have taken to terming "a hallucinogenic substance" LSD, thereby spreading misinformation.

I guess if there is more "Walking Dead" episodes then it will make damn sure it's not overturned.

19. Neverfly Banned Banned

Ok, that's just weird. Selling a drug as a drug, but labeling it as something else, knowing it will be used as a drug.
    Yes, I can see that happening- it's just weird.
    Essentially, we have News Misreporting things- just 'cause. I can think of other threads on the forum where this could raise some Cain...

Well, Spidergoat and R1D2, my apologies: It seems they may well have failed to follow the directions on the label.

But it also appears the directions on the label were never intended to be followed...

20. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

No apologies needed, bath salts are intended during a bath. But I wonder if epsom salt is in the "category" because supposedly you can use in your bath an take it as a laxative. Florida is restricting. Some bath salts from being sold, but you are able to get them online. Maybe all bath salts should have some epsom salt in it....

21. keith1 Guest

If I was a Florida cop, and I shot 2 Hispanic men in cold blood, and nobody was watching (as the camera was unclear), then I could blow one of the victims face off, and make the other look like he was eating the first. I could fake the whole thing, like Zimmerman.
    I could shoot all the Independent and Democrat voters in the voter poll lines, and make them look like they were zombies, and the Republican voters in line would help me or at least, applaud.
    Conspiracy and the appearance of it, is a lack of clarity in motive and purpose. These are the chaotic effects of incompetent Republican Florida leadership.

Calgone, take me away.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2012
  22. Neverfly Banned Banned

Blowing the face off would create powder burns easily identifiable in the autopsy.

Try using a spoon, instead.

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Please tell me the other guy was dead and if not at least that he's dead NOW