Zombie stimulant

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Michael, Apr 25, 2011.

?

More QE stimulant equals living breathing stronger economy?

1. YES: It's ALIVE!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO: (see Japan)

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

If you stimulate a zombie with enough fiat money, will it start to live and breathe on its own?

Don't be shy.... VOTE!!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I gave a zombie fiat money once....next day, I saw him driving one of these:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Brains!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Fiat for a a Fiat

Ever played that game: "Spot the Difference?" that's in the comic section of the news paper, where two pictures are side by side?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Dang, I hoped this thread was going to be about a new upper!

After all, caffeine just ain't cutting it for me anymore, coke's too dangerous, and meth makes you paranoid...

I am disappoint.

8. livingin360 Registered Senior Member

I been having dreams two nights in a row about fighting zombies. Pretty much like a traditional zombie movie but the strange thing is i don't use guns to shoot them but to keep them from attacking me. I just try to make them humane again and alive. I recall parts of my dream seeing people laying down who were turning into zombies and i was trying to convince them they were not dead but would transition into the appearance that they had been dead after i couldn't convince them. I think the recent correlation in my dream came from a person on my facebook that said they feel simply dead and had zombie pictures they posted of themselves a year ago. I've also felt dead or like a ghost and i wonder sometimes about the correlation between zombie movies and real life. I have some strange dreams.

9. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

lmao

10. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I'll vote no, at least not with how the zombie (banks) are using the money. Instead of lending it out to people and businesses, They buy safe treasury paper. ("Safe" in that they will get the full face value of the bond paid at maturity, but whether or not that is a great loss in purchasing power remains to be learned.)

One thing is for sure, that the Treasury, with more bonds issued will pay more interest even if interest rates stay the same (probably will be going up significantly when the buying of treasury bonds with "thin air" money must stop and investors must buy them instead.)

Who do you think pays this increased interest in the end? That's right, Joe American, so he will have less to spend on new car etc. Thus one can argue, and I do, that with banks mainly recycling the funds they got from the FED in QEx, instead of lending them to Joe American, then the net effect on Joe's wallet, as he pays more taxes for the growing interest payment is fewer dollars in Joe's wallet. Or if he does not pay but more thin air money pays, then the dollars in his wallet, even though unchanged in number, buy less.

Summary; No matter how the growing interest burden is paid, Joe can buy less. I.e. QE1, QE2, ... QEx all fail. - They actually de-stimulate the economy in the long run if not immeditely, and the GDP growth slows (down to 1.8% now) while the debt grows and the dollar value declines, just as Joe's real purchasing power is now.

I formerly did not believe in zombies, the walking dead, but when you see one (the US economy) you must accept that they do exist. I predicted long go that this zombie will die for real by Halloween 2014 with a run to get out of dollars ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
  11. jmpet Valued Senior Member

As fucked up as it is to say, WE are absorbing the effects of QE. And we will for years to come. Bought food lately? Or gas?

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Turning now to the first quarter financial results as shown on Slide 4. ExxonMobil's first quarter 2011 earnings, excluding special items, were $10.7 billion, an increase of $4.4 billion from the first quarter of 2010. Our effective tax rate for the quarter was 47%. Earnings per share for the quarter, excluding special items, were $2.14, up $0.81 from a year ago.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/266...sses-q1-2011-results-earnings-call-transcript

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

No, but I bought silver before it went bat shit crazy.... which is good, but, also a worry.

14. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I found text with slide 16 more interesting. It was:
    "ExxonMobil Chemical recently announced the grand opening of our world-class Shanghai Technology Center in China. Our investment in this new facility demonstrates the strategic importance of technology and its critical role in supporting the long-term value of our Chemical business. The 220,000 square foot facility is equipped with more than 200 state-of-the-art processing machines and analytical instruments. The center also has 22 development-scale and 16 commercial-scale product processing machines, allowing us to perform full-scale testing to serve our Chemical customer needs in the fast-growing China and broader Asia markets. The Shanghai Technology Center is supported by more than 300 employees from our technology, sales marketing and supply chain groups.

Today, the Chinese petrochemical market is the largest in the world. And through 2020, China will represent over 1/3 of global petrochemical demand growth. ..."

BT comment ExxonMobil like other large corporations, is following Willy Sutton's advice: "Go where the money is." China is the future and already has the money.

From ExxonMobil’s reply to a question:
    "... As we look longer term in the U.S. Chemical business, the first place you got to start is demand and demand growth for the product. And we don't see the demand in the U.S. being near as strong as opportunities that we have elsewhere, particularly the Asia Pacific region and, in particular, serving the markets there and, of course, in the Middle East. So I think the growth prospects for demand pull is definitely outside of the U.S. ..."

BT comment #2 generally rich people are not dumb about investments. Thus when GWB, reduced the taxes on rich folks, they invested their savings where there was great GDP growth, high rates of return, huge and rapidly growing markets, etc, and not in the stagnate US. For example, Warren Buffett now owns 10% of China's BYD motors and has already recovered his full investment. Of course, the average Joe American will make up the US's tax losses that GWB granted to the rich (or watch the value of his dollar’s decline, if more taxes are not collected from him and country just borrows more from China. For re-election reasons, this second alternative has been chosen.).

Giving the already wealthy tax reductions was exactly the wrong thing to do. - They should have had a tax increase and the extra funds raised should have been distributed to the poor who would spend them in the US, not invest them in China, to make new modern factories there. Now China has both much lower than US labor cost AND more modern / efficient factories than the US has.

This "serve the rich" / "screw Joe American" GWB policy plus his two needless wars, plus the lowering of Joe's salary's purchasing power (in an economy that was >2/3 based on Joe buying) plus the two recessions that started under GWB and the associated contraction of jobs (We needed a increase in GWB's 8 years of 22 million new jobs just to keep up with growth in the labor force and got less than 4 million new jobs under GWB.) all were reasons why when GWB still had two year left as POTUS, I could confidently predict that a depression was inevitable.

I told how it would start: with a run on the dollar by or before Halloween 2014. I.e. I anticipated that whoever became POTUS after GWB, would spend desperately to try to pull the US out of the second GWB recession, but because the job deficit was so large and growing that the main effect would be to destroy confidence in the dollar - triggering a run to get out. It is all going as I foresaw, but perhaps on a little faster schedule. With luck, Obama & Bernanke can still delay the coming depression until after his first term ends and then lose the election. Then the "Serve the Rich" Republicans can get the "credit" for the depression, they strongly disserve.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

And the middle class will be dissolved and poor leaving only rich and poor to live in America just like South America.

16. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Options Manager Curt B. takes a look at the macro view of the market and what might be lurking after the current joyride runs its course at:
    http://www.topstockportfolios.com/r.../1/0/08dbc0964ac75db3cccbcb01a505a71fd861fc87

BT comment: worth time to read, MHO and this one too:
    http://www.moneymorning.com/reports/Dollar_MMDOL1010.pdf where, long before the summary, you will read this paragraph:

"... The result of all this spending is that not only has the U.S. done nothing*** to stimulate domestic production, it has discouraged foreign investment while destroying the purchasing power of the dollar. And soon – sooner than anyone is telling you – prices for domestic and foreign purchases will be out of reach of the average consumer. ..."

*** BT comment #2:Not true! GWB's tax cuts for the already rich did much worse than "nothing" as I discussed in post 11:
    I.e. GWB's tax cut for the rich made it impossible for the US to ever again compete with China for world markets.

China's technology and economy is now advanced: World's fastest trains, World's fastest computer, World's largest gold producer, World's highest GDP growth (on average for three decades!) World's government most able to decide and act (built World's largest / most efficient airport for the Olympics in less time than London spent in discussion about minor expansion of Heathrow airport!). World's largest car market and manufacturing. Second only to Hugo Chavez in popular support of the masses who have more than doubled their standards of living in last 6 years with real salary growth of 15% annual built into the just starting new 5 year plan. etc.

Main economic problem is the shortage of workers - Some coastal factories are increasing salaries 30% annually and still can not attract workers from the interior as they once did - Conditions in the interior improving too fast: 100 new modern cities, each for a population of 1 million planned to be completed by end of next five year plan and world's largest rail network under construction has made too many high pay jobs near their interior homes and families; not to mention the great expansion local clinics and hospitals with a reduction in the out of pocket medical cost by 50% (from 2/3 to 1/3 of the bill).

Further more many new submarine, stealth airplanes, first of several new aircraft carrier in at sea trials, New "ABM" system, etc. (ABM is in quotes as it is terminally target seeking - US military evaluation of its test firing states that it can hit and probably sink a ziz-zagging US carrier for 1800 miles away.)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  17. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

such as?

18. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

That is a red car.

19. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Watch this CNN video report of China's 4,000 ton warship (a frigate) now operating in the med sea, dozens of stealth fighters, the new Aircraft carrier, the mobile new target seeking ICBM and the vast economic expansion into Africa, (10 warships sent thur the Macca Straights to operate off East Africa, Yeman, the Red Sea), etc. at:
    http://zoomscanner.blogspot.com/2011/03/chinese-warship-spotted-in.html

You may need to endure a Verizon commercial for 10 seconds or so first.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
  20. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

If you are asking about: "prices for domestic and foreign purchases will be out of reach of the average consumer." which is not my statement but a quote:

I would say the main things you frequently buy such as food, fuel and clothes. Of course the bigger ticket items, which once many American could afford, like a vacation in Europe are now only for the relative rich.

----------------
    If you are asking about my comment that the stimulus was "worse than nothing" then I explained that in slightly delayed edit of prior post. Perhaps you posted before that edit did? Here is the heart of it again, but read all in the prior post 13:

"... I.e. GWB's tax cut for the rich made it impossible for the US to ever again compete with China for world markets.

China's technology and economy is now advanced: World's fastest trains, World's fastest computer, World's largest gold producer, World's highest GDP growth (on average for three decades!) World's government most able to decide and act (built World's largest / most efficient airport for the Olympics in less time than London spent in discussion about minor expansion of Heathrow airport!). World's largest car market and manufacturing. Second only to Hugo Chavez in popular support of the masses who have more than doubled their standards of living in last 6 years with real salary growth of 15% annual built into the just starting new 5 year plan. etc. ..."

Also see the CNN video report (link in my last post) that shows China is a rapidly growing international military force now, with a rapidly growing "blue water" navy to protect its global investments.