A little speculation goes a little way

Tnerb

Banned
Banned
A little speculation is in order here.

First of all, obviously one great concern in many "great" concerns is the concern for others well being. I indeed have wrote about this quite a lot and indeed also care for it at least, in the least,: in my thought. There are a great deal of things which can be written about other peoples mental health and well being; potential and happiness; however else you will have it as worded as I also have worded it differently in the past, is perfectly fine by me. The fact is, it is so important a subject that I deem it as a top priority here. Philosoophy, and shit, even many other things very relevant here, all point towards mental health, the most important one being the fact that mental health is somethihng which is fundamental 'to' philosophy and visa versa, and so on and so forth. If we take an examination of mental health we will find indeed that mental health can be subject to some things such as importance to endeavours. "Mental health", is in fact important to a great deal of avenues. But the truth remains. And typically and in this case the truth is that if we are to, firstly, take an examination of how we are to see human potential, then we would find that mental health has not a great deal written about it, although it is though that it does have. For example, "does have smouze have". Do we really have written how mental health , in this case at least, relates with human potential, do we really have how human potential and mental health relates with our natures and if so how this relates with natures to our natures which in turn relates back to mental health? More than likly this is seldom. We do not have an examination of the human soul, of which, in every case, a book is not written for example "an examination of the human soul." In that case, no one has been yet profound enough to show that this is so.

thoughts?

We are all fundamentally insane, I just saw a show about a man who was deathly afraid of peaches. Goes to show how a fruit can just be plane nuts. But from a very real perspective, how are we not insane. We burn gasoline even though it has ecological effects from every aspect, any sane naturalist would have an end put to that if there were means to. If energy was not a issue people would still want to use gasoline because of its roots in society over the last 150 years. Starting as kerosene and diesel, now those are the bi-products. We eat fast food, horrible nature for doing so. These fast food places are taking over spots that could be local produce markets that are more economically sound by having lower running costs and higher profit margins. Its fresh produce and bread stores that we need more of. On to the point of cars, there are now more than 2 cars for every American, even for babies. Why so many? car crazy we all are. What about technology? GPS, iPods, cellphones, computers. We had gps, it was called a map, if you didnt know where you were, Ask somone. iPod, great thing, but it is a fad like everything else, we have radio dont we? You could then relate to more people though common music, not just your personal choice. Cellphones, nothing but a leash to your family, i know your family is great and all, but most all americans would like some time alone. Lastly, computers. The fastest way to get information that is not necessarily correct, unlike books that we have had for, well 2,000 years. I will not mention government, because the only people who had that figured out were the native American's which was really the survivors of Chinas Golden Fleet sailing across the pacific over 2000 years ago, before the years of Christ. We are insane through our modes of transportation, the foods we eat, the things we read, the music we listen too and even the t.v you watch.

Smoking is more sane that watching tv for four or five hours, because a square is faster and doesn't leave you slothful. Too much T.V. is slothful.

brent...And, schizophrenia, weather or not fighting your true self, is very possible to fight your true self. Can one fight their true self epistemologically and metaphysically? How would this be possible?
It's how we stop ourselves doing things that would have bad consequences,even though someone could feel just in an action, the knowledge of that action will effect what you feel should be done and what is actualy done....
we think before we act to work out the consequences, if we acted on pure instinct we would get in all sorts of ch*t there is no reason why you can not maintain a balance between the 2...
totaly woven dude..:)

Smoking is more sane that watching tv for four or five hours, because a square is faster and doesn't leave you slothful. Too much T.V. is slothful

What a bunch of BS that statement is. Smoking will cause lung diseases and second hand smoke can injure others as well. Being "slothful" doesn't bother anyone and won't kill you as will squares. :(

First of all, obviously one great concern in many "great" concerns is the concern for others well being. I indeed have wrote about this quite a lot and indeed also care for it at least, in the least,: in my thought. There are a great deal of things which can be written about other peoples mental health and well being; potential and happiness; however else you will have it as worded as I also have worded it differently in the past, is perfectly fine by me. The fact is, it is so important a subject that I deem it as a top priority here. Philosoophy, and shit, even many other things very relevant here, all point towards mental health, the most important one being the fact that mental health is somethihng which is fundamental 'to' philosophy and visa versa, and so on and so forth. If we take an examination of mental health we will find indeed that mental health can be subject to some things such as importance to endeavours. "Mental health", is in fact important to a great deal of avenues. But the truth remains. And typically and in this case the truth is that if we are to, firstly, take an examination of how we are to see human potential, then we would find that mental health has not a great deal written about it, although it is though that it does have. For example, "does have smouze have". Do we really have written how mental health , in this case at least, relates with human potential, do we really have how human potential and mental health relates with our natures and if so how this relates with natures to our natures which in turn relates back to mental health? More than likly this is seldom. We do not have an examination of the human soul, of which, in every case, a book is not written for example "an examination of the human soul." In that case, no one has been yet profound enough to show that this is so.

thoughts?

The tineist ofof peculair of ways, have some of the most drastic measures.:(

thoughts?

I think this can be boiled down to a few sentences. Perhaps three. I think this would be better. Imagine saying this bluntly as part of a lecture. What would you say?

I think this can be boiled down to a few sentences. Perhaps three. I think this would be better. Imagine saying this bluntly as part of a lecture. What would you say?

Well you see, there is a great deal of material in that opening post, although my writing is very hard to understand and comprehend, and it is part of a larger scale effort to achieve something in my own writings.

But that aside.
Let me think for a second . . .

Well taking your view which I assume is a view which is not understanding of what I had wrote when I meant what I wrote ........ I would say,

Mental health, or the examination of the well-being of others, as sought after in the buddhist teachings and such, is greatly overlooked. There are many facets to mental health, as well. For the most part these include how mental health is related with genuine sanity; a protection of sorts. What is the truth of the matter when we examine this? That there isn't a book yet written due to the complexity of epistemologicial work.

Quick hand, but what do you think ?

Well you see, there is a great deal of material in that opening post, although my writing is very hard to understand and comprehend, and it is part of a larger scale effort to achieve something in my own writings.

But that aside.
Let me think for a second . . .

Well taking your view which I assume is a view which is not understanding of what I had wrote when I meant what I wrote ........ I would say,

Mental health, or the examination of the well-being of others, as sought after in the buddhist teachings and such, is greatly overlooked. There are many facets to mental health, as well. For the most part these include how mental health is related with genuine sanity; a protection of sorts. What is the truth of the matter when we examine this? That there isn't a book yet written due to the complexity of epistemologicial work.

Quick hand, but what do you think ?
Well, it's easier for me to read.
I want to point out that Buddhism does not occur in the OP. If this is in any way central it should be there. All it lends a certain concreteness to the topic.

Mental health and sanity are overlapping concepts, so I find that sentence confusing. And what is the protection.

You say no book has yet been written on this topic.

If you had to sum up the topic in one sentence - a short one - what would it be?

Another way of approaching this is to come up with what your main opinion is. What do you want to convince the reader of in this essay/article etc?

Well, it's easier for me to read.
I want to point out that Buddhism does not occur in the OP. If this is in any way central it should be there. All it lends a certain concreteness to the topic.

Mental health and sanity are overlapping concepts, so I find that sentence confusing. And what is the protection.

You say no book has yet been written on this topic.

If you had to sum up the topic in one sentence - a short one - what would it be?

Another way of approaching this is to come up with what your main opinion is. What do you want to convince the reader of in this essay/article etc?

Short sentence:
Human potential is infinite.
Short sentence:
Human potential and mental health and sanity are very important.
Short sentence:
A book has not yet been written on the principals of humans mental health. What these principals are is still in question.

My opinion on the subject is simply that I want to hear somebody discuss some of the issues that I have brought about. It is sort of similar to asking a question, and getting a response. But I guess I haven't said anything yet about any questions have I? I just look forward to hearing some responses about some of the stuff or at least some discussion of some of the points that I have made.

If I were to for example write an essay on this subject then it is very well that I may elaborate a bit on some of the opening post. To do that would be to show you what I had meant when I typed it up it's clear that it's hard to understand I believe.

Perhaps if I give you some insight into the way that I write you would be able to comprehend the manner the opening post talks it out.

Let me re word the whole opening post:

I feel I should speculate a little...

First of all, obviously one great concern in many "great" concerns is the concern for others well being.

Firstly, one of the great concerns, obviously, out of all of the very grand concerns such as Quantum Quacks ideals, and putting that aside in my mind, is the concern for other people. The well being for other people.

I indeed have wrote about this quite a lot and indeed also care for it at least, in the least,: in my thought.

[firstly simon, imagine how all of this goes together]
I have wrote about this subject a great deal. And I care for it in my thought. So to speak.

There are a great deal of things which can be written about other peoples mental health and well being; potential and happiness;

There are a great deal of things that can be written about these things. That being so to speak of mental health, potential, well being, and happiness.

You finish it for me Simon.

Are you trying to say that a some termed mental illness's shouldn't be looked as this as such, as they can be part of gaining the best out of ourselves.
give a different perspective on poss perceptions of life, or even physical i.e. A little paranoia is a good thing as we become more aware of our surroundings...?
And questioning the boundary line between sanity and insanity (which is probably pretty questionable)....

brent...I feel that is possible for an individual. Namely, for an individual to experience many different modes of being.

OK all people will experience this on some level infancy-childhood-teen/young adult-adult/grown up-old, we don't really realise were 'grown up' we just know we are not teen/y'a any more as we can see what we were like and how we have changed ..
In a difference sense some one with a multiple personality disorder may not realise that he has different personalities which indicates no knowledge of it happening therefore can gain no experience from it.....unless he realises it. Then there is a constant in the personalities, so they should learn from the experience and I would have thought eventualy the other personalities would disipate....
What about the undercover policeman who spends tweny years being 10 different people I wonder if they take on some of the traits and characteristics of the person they are playing.

If someone 'Knows' they are mentaly ill, then it there is a sense of sanity in that person....someone who does not know they are mentaly ill then the insanity tag would be more fitting...

Read up on some Dostoevsky he wrote about his experiences having epilepsy yet he saw it as a gift....(and a curse as well)
Quote Henri de Lubac......"It is to this disease that he owes not only impatience of the prison in which others submit to so meekly to incarceration but also to the miracle that opens its doors"

I agree that we are all some way insane to certain degrees...If you see pictures of Nietzche,Comte,Marx they could have all been relatives of Ed Gein or in the Addams family..lol

Last edited:
Are you trying to say that a some termed mental illness's shouldn't be looked as this as such, as they can be part of gaining the best out of ourselves.
give a different perspective on poss perceptions of life, or even physical i.e. A little paranoia is a good thing as we become more aware of our surroundings...?
And questioning the boundary line between sanity and insanity (which is probably pretty questionable)....

OK all people will experience this on some level infancy-childhood-teen/young adult-adult/grown up-old, we don't really realise were 'grown up' we just know we are not teen/y'a any more as we can see what we were like and how we have changed ..
In a difference sense some one with a multiple personality disorder may not realise that he has different personalities which indicates no knowledge of it happening therefore can gain no experience from it.....unless he realises it. Then there is a constant in the personalities, so they should learn from the experience and I would have thought eventualy the other personalities would disipate....
What about the undercover policeman who spends tweny years being 10 different people I wonder if they take on some of the traits and characteristics of the person they are playing.

If someone 'Knows' they are mentaly ill, then it there is a sense of sanity in that person....someone who does not know they are mentaly ill then the insanity tag would be more fitting...

Read up on some Dostoevsky he wrote about his experiences having epilepsy yet he saw it as a gift....(and a curse as well)

I agree that we are all some way insane to certain degrees...If you see pictures of Nietzche,Comte,Marx they could have all been relatives of Ed Gein or in the Addams family..lol

I will respond to this P, but it will take some time. Feel free to add any commentary durring the time I am waiting to respond to it. As it is a part of my work what you are getting at, I must feel nothing but not hesitant.

Its quite difficult to pinpoint what you are trying to discuss, there is too much to take in, I had to flip between brent and sisyphus quotes to get an idea...I await though..

Not sure.
Where are you from, it is so hard to understand your semantics.
I think what I am doing is something similar to what heidegger (the philosopher) was doing. Some absurd reduction to being and how being relates with this and that: an examination of life from certain perspectives which allows insight into how the individual functions on an existentialised form.
More than likly I could take the whole post and subject it to different parts in my writings from different posts and say that this is so here, so that is so there, and so on.

yes I would tend to agree.
A person who is mentally ill who is familar and determinend is always a more productive person typically unless he has a very severe sort of mental disorder which is usually attributed to lazieness and unfitness although I would not doubt that there are many cases of mental illness asides from retardation that would cause someone to be unfit to society and their own well being.

Not sure.
I would say it is very possible,yet those who would understand it the most are those suffering or had suffered at some point,as they have a base for learning and understanding of a different perpective of life...

Where are you from, it is so hard to understand your semantics.
I think what I am doing is something similar to what heidegger (the philosopher) was doing. Some absurd reduction to being and how being relates with this and that: an examination of life from certain perspectives which allows insight into how the individual functions on an existentialised form.
I a german born,half irish,european I live in the UK at the moment but will be going back to france in the middle of next year to carry on my career as a chef (i'm having a knee op on friday so i can go back to work).....
At a young age certain chain of event's made me question my own perception of life poss even my own sanity....which led me to read and read and read and read and I became fascinated with the mind,various sociological illness's,neurology. My main interest was that of the crimminaly insane in particular serial killers and phsycaitrist's who treat them......I stopped as I found myself becoming more like them (when they were younger) and could see pathological traits (in myself) that were mirrored in some of these people I was reading about..knowledge can be a heavy burden particulary in something so dark...
I think we are the sum of our knowledge which is projected through our physical form

yes I would tend to agree.
A person who is mentally ill who is familar and determinend is always a more productive person typically unless he has a very severe sort of mental disorder which is usually attributed to lazieness and unfitness although I would not doubt that there are many cases of mental illness asides from retardation that would cause someone to be unfit to society and their own well being.
Agreed..

Back