A Small Universal Radius may imply a Maximum Production of Fluctuations

Perhaps 'at the Planck scale' the reason time and space 'have no meaning' is because at such scale they do not (measureably) exist - only the 'potential' for such. I'd guess that at less (than the Planck scale) some sort of subquantum (subplanckian) processes are happening, but as you say and I agree, such processes are not detectible or measureable because they do not directly 'interact' with with current-designed (mass) detectors. I'd guess that future 'detections' may incorporate virtual (base-frequency harmonics) type detectors.
And the Planck scale is not really some distinct level, but simply a man made mathematical convenience.

I'd disagree (re: 'not distinct, but mere manmade math convenience') . . . . above Planck Length (1.6 x 10E-35 m), we CAN physically detect (mostly). Below Planck Length, we CANNOT physically detect (mostly). Think this is based primarily on the fact that at below Planck Length (wavelengths) do not noticeably intereact with the detector materials (mass) even though existant at very high frequencies/energies. But since we are talking mainly EM here, it may be possible to design detector systems that can detect base-frequency harmonics of these shorter wavelengths/higher frequencies (i.e., higher energies) and thus 'see' something of the nature of subplanckian interactions. BTW: Due to the higher energies (frequencies), one might anticipate an elevated thermal environ for < Planck Length regime.

Last edited:
Back