"Addison's Maw"

visceral_instinct

Monkey see, monkey denigrate
Valued Senior Member
I came across the phrase on Urban Dictionary, and the definition was basically stream-of-consciousness nonsense...anyone know what it refers to?

Excuse me for cluttering up Linguistics with a pretty trivial topic, but I'm just curious, and it is a kind of cool sounding phrase. The 'Maw' part. Sounds like a place name, a la death valley...'Don't go to Addison's maw after dark.' :D:D:D

"Maw" is the hillbilly pronunciation of "ma." Check out an old Snuffy Smith comic strip. "Maw, whar's mah vittles?" The Urban Dictionary makes it clear that it means "mother." It's just a reference to the teenage boys' fantasy of being seduced by one of their friends' mothers, a la Gabriela in "Desperate Housewives." The acronym MILF is more common these days.

I thought place name as well. Maw as in an animals mouth. Like 'the gaping maw of hell'.

Addison's Maw sounds like a very dangerous place in a scifi novel/movie. ;)

I came across the phrase on Urban Dictionary, and the definition was basically stream-of-consciousness nonsense...anyone know what it refers to?

My take on a quick read of the Urban Dictionary "definition" is that does mean "mother" i.e. all schoolboys fancy their best mate's mother.
Standard fantasy:- that you have sex with her.

I thought the maw thing was a mouth too.

Jeez, is that what is refers to? O_O. Whoever posted that could have made a coherent entry instead of that weird shit.

I thought place name as well. Maw as in an animals mouth. Like 'the gaping maw of hell'.

Addison's Maw sounds like a very dangerous place in a scifi novel/movie.

Yay. I'm not the only one. :D

Back