Are you an introvert or extrovert?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by wegs, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Do you think, all other things being equal, that introverts tend to be more conservative and extroverts more liberal? I'm thinking about smaller differences here such as slightly right of center vs slightly left of center.

Extroverts tend to be more group oriented and that seems to apply to liberals as well.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I don't think there's really any connection. I'm introverted and identify as an Independent. I have friends who are extroverts who vote Republican and consider themselves to be conservative, and liberals who vote the opposite. There may be subtle differences here and there, as you mention, though.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I am highly introverted but my politics seems to hover around liberal centrist. Maybe me being gay has something to do with that. I strongly identify with discriminated against minorities.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    wegs likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I kind of don’t like these flat, political labels because many people tend to fall into a range of values and ideas, not extremes. Some of my Republican friends for example, are deeply passionate about the environment but disagree on other key issues. And same with my liberal friends.

It is what it is though, but it’s unfortunate that we are relegated to this rigid two party system. I’m an Independent, but will one ever become POTUS?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I don't like labels either and I generally speak in terms of liberal and conservative rather than Democrat vs Republican. Even then, as you say, we are all a mixture of both and it's not even clear what liberal and conservative means in all cases.

Among the educated population when people are talking about conservative issues it's usually related to economics and not social values. On Fox or where MAGA is concerned, all bets are off of course.