Ban the sociopaths

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by RealityCheck, Mar 18, 2012.

1. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

It has been a long time, but I believe I heard of the "hole" flow concept even as far back as the mid 1960s. At that time it was presented as, a positive flow or hole flow, moving in the opposite direction, to the negative electron current in a conductor. I am fairly certain it was also involved with early transistor, developement.

But, like I said it has been a long time.....

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

when do you think the transistor was invented?
    yes, like i said, it's the basic premise of their operation.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

This may have been what you intended, but your earlier post quoted below read as if you were referring to a later application, note the reference to, "...these "holes" are introduced into the crystal lattice...". In the 60s and even most of the 70s mainframes took up whole rooms and sometimes multiple rooms.

Putting transistors on semiconductor wafers came later.

Anyway, it sounds like a miscommunication.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I reported Pincho Paxton on the 15th, shortly before his banning.

He had received a warning from James R. on or around the 9th (http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2913674&postcount=55) to keep his alternative theories in the Alternative Theory Forum on pain of banning.

In the space of 6 days he explicitly referenced his alternate theories no less than 7 times in the mainstream science forums, directly in violation of the recent and explicit warning.

I am happy list the infractions, the forum they're in, and the links to them if that would mollify you.

Pincho wanted to get banned - else he would have heeded the explicit warning instead of flagrantly flouting it.

RealityCheck, if you have a problem with that, I suggest you take it up with Pincho.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012