Blame The Russians?

Are the Russians to blame for Trump's victor?

• Yeah, they rule everything, including political choices.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • They hacked the DNC and showed us the truth. Yes, they are to blame.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They played a role, somehow, some way, we just know it.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No, they are simply political victims of the Democratic Party blame game.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • They played no role and are having a good laugh at our politics and media

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
I find disturbing that 5 people discount all of our different intelligence agencies and instead put their trust in a known serial liar. This seems like nothing more than a cult of personality which does not bode well for our future.

I find disturbing that 5 people discount all of our different intelligence agencies and instead put their trust in a known serial liar. This seems like nothing more than a cult of personality which does not bode well for our future.
And it's not only our intelligence agencies, a well respected private IT security firm which specializes in IT security has also confirmed the Russian hacks. Yet, people believe Trump who is a well known perpetual liar and has not a shred of proof to back him up.

Or, they know they stand to profit from it (more likely IMHO).

EDIT - my mistake - I thought you were referring to people he has chosen for cabinet - I had forgotten all about the poll for a moment!

The whole WMD thing... unfortunately, we will never know the full truth there; was there ACTUALLY intelligence that they existed... or was that fabricated to give Bouncing Baby Bush a reason to in and finish what his daddy started...
add in the gulf of tonkin incident
and we have the beginnings of a pattern?

add in the gulf of tonkin incident
and we have the beginnings of a pattern?

I'd not heard of that before... but GodDAMN is that some terrible marksmanship (if the account is assumed true)...
On August 2, 1964, the destroyerUSS Maddox, while performing a signals intelligence patrol as part of DESOTO operations, was pursued by three North Vietnamese Navy torpedo boats of the 135th Torpedo Squadron.[1][5]Maddox fired three warning shots and the North Vietnamese boats then attacked with torpedoes and machine gun fire.[5]Maddox expended over 280 3-inch and 5-inch shells in what was claimed to be a sea battle. One US aircraft was damaged, three North Vietnamese torpedo boats were allegedly damaged, and four North Vietnamese sailors were said to have been killed, with six more wounded. There were no U.S. casualties.[6]Maddox "was unscathed except for a single bullet hole from a Vietnamese machine gun round".[5]

How can you fire 280 shells and not sink even one PT boat?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_4-class_torpedo_boat
This is what those PT boats look like, for reference...
800px-PikiWiki_Israel_10477_egyptian_torpedo_boat_k-123.jpg

Last edited:
I'd not heard of that before... but GodDAMN is that some terrible marksmanship (if the account is assumed true)...

How can you fire 280 shells and not sink even one PT boat?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_4-class_torpedo_boat
This is what those PT boats look like, for reference...
800px-PikiWiki_Israel_10477_egyptian_torpedo_boat_k-123.jpg

I was referring to the fictitious August 4 "incident" which was the excuse for us "going to war".
Over 2 million dead, and many more wounded from a cia lie.

Did the president lie to congress? Or did the CIA lie to the president?
And, they all lied to the american public.

The Obama administration interfered in the 2012 election of Putin, supporting an opposition candidate. This is why Putin only went after the Democratic candidate. He was getting even for their treachery.

One of the problems with liberal propaganda is they don't provide all the facts. If you leave out the interference in the Russia election, it looks like the Democrats were victims and not predators. Didn't the Obama Administration also do the same thing in the last Israeli election cycle, backing an opposition candidate against Netanyahu? If they can dish it out, they should be able to take it.

The hack against the Democrats was not based on misinformation. Rather was based on revealing the truth, to void misinformation that the Democrats were hoping to get away with. The Democrats were not allowed to lie, and deceive, and get away with it. It was like holy water on a vampire.

Is it possible that the Russians also have Hillary's lost 30,000 e-mails from her private server? If they can hack the DNC, then Hillary's private server would have been an easier target. These are the e-mails where she talked about yoga, national secrets and Clinton foundation business. These could have been used to blackmail President Hillary if Hillary had won. Trump was a long shot and his victory may have changed the Russian strategy with these e-mails. Putin may have expected Hillary to win, with these e-mails saved for future geo-political concessions.

The Obama administration interfered in the 2012 election of Putin, supporting an opposition candidate. This is why Putin only went after the Democratic candidate. He was getting even for their treachery.

And your evidence is what? Oh, that's right you don't evidence. You live in the post-truth world along with your Republican cohorts.

One of the problems with liberal propaganda is they don't provide all the facts. If you leave out the interference in the Russia election, it looks like the Democrats were victims and not predators. Didn't the Obama Administration also do the same thing in the last Israeli election cycle, backing an opposition candidate against Netanyahu? If they can dish it out, they should be able to take it.

That's funny, especially coming from you Wellwisher. I just read your previous post on the nation's debt under the Obama administration. :) You haven't even proven the US has interfered in Russian elections as if it would even matter. Russia isn't a democracy.

The hack against the Democrats was not based on misinformation. Rather was based on revealing the truth, to void misinformation that the Democrats were hoping to get away with. The Democrats were not allowed to lie, and deceive, and get away with it. It was like holy water on a vampire.

Except it was the basis for misinformation. It was the basis for the infamous Pizzagate, the completely untrue and bizarre story that Clinton ran a child sex trafficking operation out a Washington pizza storefront.

Unfortunately for you and your Republican cohorts, the truth still matters.

And here is the kicker, the Republican candidate is the least transparent and most conflicted candidate we have ever seen. He has secret business dealings with a number of unsavory characters a round the globe, and he continues to release even an iota of information about his financial dealings. The Republican candidate is on record, on tape, bragging about groping women and leading them around by their sexual body parts. And you don't think that is bad.

Is it possible that the Russians also have Hillary's lost 30,000 e-mails from her private server? If they can hack the DNC, then Hillary's private server would have been an easier target. These are the e-mails where she talked about yoga, national secrets and Clinton foundation business. These could have been used to blackmail President Hillary if Hillary had won. Trump was a long shot and his victory may have changed the Russian strategy with these e-mails. Putin may have expected Hillary to win, with these e-mails saved for future geo-political concessions.

Well, as is the norm with you, you've gotten things screwed up again. Hillary's emails aren't lost, they were destroyed. They were her personal emails. They may have included discussions about yoga, but they didn't contain discussions about national secrets and there is no evidence they did. Nor is there any evidence her private servers was hacked. Just because Russians hacked the DNC, it doesn't follow that they hacked Hillary Clinton's private emails. If they had, I'm sure those too would have been released. There was no reason not to. And Hillary's email servers have been examined extensively by the FBI and they found not a shred of evidence her emails were hacked.

The hack against the Democrats was not based on misinformation. Rather was based on revealing the truth, to void misinformation that the Democrats were hoping to get away with.
And yet the Russians did not reveal the RNC material they stole. Interesting.

Well, Putin got his candidate; now he will reap the rewards. How does it feel to be in Putin's debt?

Well, Putin got his candidate; now he will reap the rewards. How does it feel to be in Putin's debt?
One has to believe Putin has a boatload of shit on Trump. He's a fairly easy target for Trump's intelligence operations as Trump has many Russian connections. His campaign managers had deep ties to Putin's cronies. His key advisers have ties to Putin and many other Russians.

But dirt doesn't seem to matter to Republicans when it's their dirt. It only matters to them when it's someone else's dirt.

Let's clean up the vocabulary, removing the gratuitous partisan bs:
One of the problems with todays corporate news media is they don't provide all the facts. If you leave out the interference in the Russia election, it looks like the Americans were victims and not predators. Didn't the American government also do the same thing in the last Israeli election cycle, backing an opposition candidate against Netanyahu? If they can dish it out, they should be able to take it
The writer appears to think Russian manipulation of US elections is fair play, and no cause for complaint by American citizens.

And the resident "conservatives" have bestowed "likes" upon this line of reasoning.

Which pretty much eliminates patriotism, or even a self-interested desire for functioning American government, from the attributes of the Republican Party and its voting base.

Perhaps the main issue to address is the possibility that the system could be corrupted.
If there is a hole in the chicken fence can we really blame the fox for using the hole to take chickens I would look to the farmer and ask why his fence had a hole in it.
Alex

Perhaps the main issue to address is the possibility that the system could be corrupted.
If there is a hole in the chicken fence can we really blame the fox for using the hole to take chickens I would look to the farmer and ask why his fence had a hole in it.
Alex
or
Make the hole yourself, and that is where you set the trap.
Fox fur is great for lining the rim of a parka hood-----.

Frankly I think the Russians will have more to worry about from Trump than anyone before him.
I suspect they may fall victim to plans he holds that none of us can even guess.
Probably a good time to buy some real estate in Moscow.
Alex

You are wrong Putin did not vote, I voted and my wife we got our candidate, and you are probable sore, your candidate won but because of the system she lost. So Putin does not have anything to do , because the democrats won the majority of votes.

You are wrong Putin did not vote, I voted and my wife we got our candidate, and you are probable sore, your candidate won but because of the system she lost. So Putin does not have anything to do , because the democrats won the majority of votes.
Well, if someone said Putin voted in our election, they would be wrong. But no one has said that, and no one other than you has suggested that he did. You are using a fallacious argument. It's called a straw man, and unfortunately it's not uncommon. I can tune into the right wing media any hour of the day and find an instance of its use. It's real popular among right wingers.

What people have said is that Putin interfered with this election in an attempt to get Trump elected. That's what our intelligence agencies have found. So for you to imply that someone said or hinted that Putin voted in the election is more than a little dishonest. He didn't vote in this election. But he did through his Russian state intelligence assets hack into Democratic servers and the servers of Democrats in order to create a fake scandal and retard Hillary's chances of wining and in that regard he was successful e.g. Pizzagate. In essence Putin did what Republicans did in Watergate, i.e. break into Democratic offices and obtain intelligence to smear them with in the general election. The difference being Watergate was before the age of computers. We used paper back in those days. Watergate was of such concern to both parties it led to the resignation of a Republican president. But now, when a hostile foreign power does the same thing, many Republicans including the Republican president-elect don't see it as a problem, because in this instance the intervention favored Republicans. It's yet another instance of the Republican Party putting party before country.

Now we may never know how successful Putin was in influencing people like you and your wife to vote for Trump or if that influence altered the election results, but we do know he made the attempt. And we do know Trump and his devotees, people like you, are actively attempting to downplay it.

Last edited:
Well, if someone said Putin voted in our election, they would be wrong. But no one has said that, and no one other than you has suggested that he did. You are using a fallacious argument. It's called a straw man, and unfortunately it's not uncommon. I can tune into the right wing media any hour of the day and find an instance of its use. It's real popular among right wingers.

What people have said is that Putin interfered with this election in an attempt to get Trump elected. That's what our intelligence agencies have found. So for you to imply that someone said or hinted that Putin voted in the election is more than a little dishonest. He didn't vote in this election. But he did through his Russian state intelligence assets hack into Democratic servers and the servers of Democrats in order to create a fake scandal and retard Hillary's chances of wining and in that regard he was successful e.g. Pizzagate. In essence Putin did what Republicans did in Watergate, i.e. break into Democratic offices and obtain intelligence to smear them with in the general election.

Now we may never know how successful Putin was in influencing people like you and your wife to vote for Trump or if that influence altered the election results, but we do know he made the attempt. And we do know Trump and his devotees, people like you, are actively attempting to downplay it.

Pure, unadultrated BS Joe!!

Back