Carlisle has been cursed!

Laika

Space Bitch
Registered Senior Member
What madness now? You have to read this to believe it, and even then you might not believe it. That people can be so stupid I mean. Not the curse itself.

make way!
This is a work for witchfinder general!
I accept VISA and Master Card

Hmm, apparently it's only a curse against "robbers, blackmailers, and highway men"... What does that say about the people of Carlisle? :p

This is a work for witchfinder general!

Actually, when I was researching witchcraft back in my early teen years, I came across numerous volumes in which witches claimed to bring about such things, along with supernaturally strong storms and other things. Don't know why, but I don't brush that article away so quickly in disbelief. Btw, happy March 8th, young lady; here's a flower for you.

Aw come on - no end of volumes could be filled with the absurd claims of witches, warlocks, psychics, abductees, creationists, astrologers and taxi drivers. It doesn't mean you should take them seriously. I plan to continue my scoffing and sniggering with a mild sense of smug superiority, as is my way. I'll let you know if I get my comeupance.

apparently it's only a curse against "robbers, blackmailers, and highway men
I think it extends to their descendents for ever and ever. Which is a bit harsh if you ask me.

The article states a boy was murdered. I ask, was that the only murder that took place during those years? If so, must be some good luck! Really, I don't see anything drastic in the so-called effects of the curse. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Destruction of art is something I fully oppose. True, that stone has no historical value; it's some puke of the mind of some fine artist, nothing more. If it disappears, perhaps it's for the better: so that it doesn't confuse spontaneous archaeologists in later ages. However, destroying it will go against our intentions of preserving art. Can't they just burry it in earth outside the city, like former cursers would have done once the curse was no longer necessary? Or drop it into Middle East?

Hey! I think the town I live in is cursed, too. Same symptoms. Now I gonna need to find the stone. Can anybody help? (I don't own credit cards, but I will, as a favour, grant that person access to all theoretical gold mines in my area that he/she certainly will find.)

Livestock herds around the city on the border with Scotland were wiped out by foot-and-mouth disease, there has been a devastating flood, factories have closed, a boy was murdered in a local bakery and Carlisle United soccer team dropped a league.
Strangely enough, livestock in the entire country were wiped out by foot-and-mouth (actually not by the disease itself, but by the "cure", which is wholesale slaughter), factories have been closing since the 1980s and obviously murders (while not quite as common as wherever whitewolf seems to come from) do take place from time to time. Oh, and Carlisle United are sh*t, which again has very little to do with any curse - [edit]the artist himself said "If I thought my sculpture would have affected one Carlisle United result, I would have smashed it myself years ago." :)[/edit].

Good point about the highwaymen and robbers! :)

I'll let you know if I get my comeupance

That's what I said, and can you guess what happened today while I was at work? My house was burgled! I think I'd better manage my karma better in future.

On the one hand "If" such curses existed, then the people of Carlisle are the offspring of those cursed which would account for the Downside of events for them, However the reality is there are no such things as curses, basically people have bad luck and they will attempt to find something to blame.

If it's not the stone to blame, then it would be the governing body, the mayor, the local constabulary, the dustbin men, traffic wardens, Tony Blair, heck the list could go on.

Heres another point, how many times have people "cursed" under their breath at people and nothing has happened? If "curses" were real, then we would all be living in a self perpetuating nightmare, one curse after the other.

Back