Christianity's view of Hindu theism

greenberg

until the end of the world
Registered Senior Member
What is the view that Christians have of Hindu theism?

Do Christians think that Hindu theism is wrong?
If yes, what are the Christian arguments for the wrongness of Hindu theism?

Do Christians think that Hindu theism is right?
If yes, what are the Christian arguments for the rightness of Hindu theism?

i wouldn't consider myself an expert on hinduism by any means, but i do really like everything i have learned about it. they are the most tolerant religion, in that they believe all other religions to be true. their beliefs and practices are in tune with health and nature. and i actually identify with one of their hindu goddesses, kali. her purpose seems to parallel what i think my life purpose is.

They usually think that all of the followers of Hindu theism, without exception, deserve to die right now and then deserve to be tortured thereafter forever and ever, Amen. They and many others just like them are described as "dogs" in the "Holy" Bible. That is what the church I go to (only for family reasons) teaches anyway. I walk away disgusted almost every time I go there.

Personally, I strongly disagree with this way of demonizing and destroying others who are different. This is repugnant to me and I regard it as approximately equivalent to the mind of a two-year-old. Wait a minute, what am I saying? Even a two-year-old can think better than this!

Christians know that Hindu theism is different than their own brand of theism. That is really all it takes for them to determine that it is wrong from their perspective. Different equals wrong!

Sorry for being so blunt, but you asked!

What ever truths hindu theism contains, it does not have the complete truth that saves. So something that is not 100% right is wrong.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Why not simply ask some Christians to speak with their congregation leaders?

I once asked a Baptist specifically about Hindu and he said: If they have heard the word of God and know of Jesus and reject him then they will burn in hell fire for eternity. Done. (presumable along with Muslims, Buddhists, me, etc...)

Why not simply ask some Christians to speak with their congregation leaders?
happens all the time

Iskcon scholar greets pope on behalf of hindus

Hindu appointed to run christian studies

I once asked a Baptist specifically about Hindu and he said: If they have heard the word of God and know of Jesus and reject him then they will burn in hell fire for eternity. Done. (presumable along with Muslims, Buddhists, me, etc...)
The first non-christian recital ever performed by the Vatican choir in the Vatican was the brahma samhita

Last edited:

You might find this interesting

In this article, Prof. Acharuparambil outlines a Christian's view of Hinduism and interreligious dialogue. It is valuable not only for its view of how the Catholic Church is dealing with the discussions on mission and dialogue, but also for its analysis of Hinduism.

What ever truths hindu theism contains, it does not have the complete truth that saves. So something that is not 100% right is wrong.

Adstar, no one knows the complete truth about everything except god. How do you know that Hinduism isn't 100% right yet incomplete, like everything is?

As a matter of fact, if I understand it correctly, if Hinduism states that other religions are also true, including Christianity, it is actually more complete than Christianity is. It is my opinion that many Christians would benefit from being much more open-minded than they currently are, and broaden their horizons.

Thank God for the Bible ! It's the Fiery Lake for Hindus and others who do not accept the bastard son of Mary and Joseph as their saviour.

All Praise Tolerance and Damn Bigotry !

You might find this interesting

In this article, Prof. Acharuparambil outlines a Christian's view of Hinduism and interreligious dialogue. It is valuable not only for its view of how the Catholic Church is dealing with the discussions on mission and dialogue, but also for its analysis of Hinduism.

good article: I liked this Gandhi's statement:
I must say that I was never interested in an historical Jesus. I should not care if it was proved by someone that the man called Jesus never lived, and that what was narrated in the Gospel was a figment of the writer's imagination. For the sermon on the Mount would still be true to me.

prove it doesn't save. for every religion there's people saying they've been saved. when the holy spirit comes to you, does he mention it. i mean during ur holy enlightenments, has he ever gone 'oh yeah and the bible is 100% correct. especially the old testament. leviticus really nailed how i feel about stuff. lucifer likes the stuff it says about him too. your beliefs are spot on too. all those other sects of christianity, man wtf are they on about lolz!' because the holy spirit says lol. he said it to me, at a rave party. he was trippin though. eccys.

and if you condemn me for making immature jokes, you're completely missing the point. i maintain the right to crack jokes as i see fit, regardless of their nature.

If Christianity is the son of Judaism, then is Judaism presumably the son of Persian/Hindu/Egyptian theistic mythology?

Is there a striking resemblance between Jesus and Buddha? Or other similarities of various sorts between Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Hinduism, and the Egyptian theisms? Maybe Christianity and Hinduism are closer religions than you might first think - but a religion generally borrows ideas from somewhere, I mean, just look at Mormonism.

Back