Do you think that most people are financially illiterate?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Seattle, Apr 3, 2021.

1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Dollars are not primarily "stores of value", remember? And five years is not "long term".
    (This is a thread about financial literacy, specifically- as noted above, if not for Poe's law we could have a pretty good run of humor here.)
    Beanie babies outperformed it for a comparable length of time. So did baseball cards.

If the people currently using bitcoin to avoid paying taxes are prosecuted and forced to dump their bitcoin on the market if any, what would you predict will happen to the "value" of bitcoin?

If the people currently embezzling computer resources to mine bitcoin are caught and prosecuted, and forced to dump their bitcoin to pay fines and reparations, do you think bitcoin will still be worth mining at its new price?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I don't think you do humor, do you?
    The rest of your post is beyond ignorance.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Not many compared to every body . But it should be everybody .

Highlighted

First

Poor decisions . Financial Intelligence is important .

Second

Freewill increases with knowledge .

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I think that financial “literacy” needs to be taught, like anything in life. People who have had poor examples of how to manage money, live within their means, how not to get swept up in consumerism, etc will likely have unhealthy relationships with money. But, that doesn’t mean that they can’t “unlearn” bad habits and learn new ones.

8. Seattle Valued Senior Member

True, illiteracy doesn't mean that one can't learn. It just means that one didn't learn.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Iceaura could learn about Bitcoin but he just didn't.

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

you surprise me all the time with your poor economic takes but no just because you live in a fantasy world doesn’t mean I’m wrong.

it’s not going to mature. It’s value is purely built on speculation. The more you talk the more you show of your own ignorance. For someone who so arrogantly tries to lecture people on economics and finance you have very little understanding of it yourself.

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

If Seattle doesn’t want to be treated like a Dick he shouldn’t be one. You are clearly not familiar with his the poor deserve to be poor , they get to much help as it is, and I’m better than them cause I have more money attitude. He is emblematic of the toxic right wing Protestant morality economics.