Dogfood for cats?

Syzygys

As a mother, I am telling you
Valued Senior Member
I know catfood for dogs is not good because of the higher protein content and also because of the possible kidney damage. But what about the other way around? Is dogfood harmful for cats? I am talking about soft, canned food here.

I have both a cat and a dog and they are quite fond of each other's food. Actually the dog prefers the catfood to the dogfood. I assume here that cats wouldn't be harmed by dogfood, but I want to run it by the board...

Edit: Actually I have found the info:

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=0&cat=1276&articleid=1165

By the way I am talking about occasionally, not feeding them all the time the other's food.

On the more philosophical level, let's say both the cat and the dog kill a chicken and eat it. They are eating the same food, ain't they?

I know catfood for dogs is not good because of the higher protein content and also because of the possible kidney damage. But what about the other way around? Is dogfood harmful for cats? I am talking about soft, canned food here.

I have both a cat and a dog and they are quite fond of each other's food. Actually the dog prefers the catfood to the dogfood. I assume here that cats wouldn't be harmed by dogfood, but I want to run it by the board...

Edit: Actually I have found the info:

By the way I am talking about occasionally, not feeding them all the time the other's food.

I feed my cats with dogfood, those in round pellet shape. My cat is so fat right now and so cute, I love to squeeze his cheeks and so so cute.

Back