Gustav Temp Banned For Foul Words?

Should foul word use be grounds for a ban?

• Yes, it should.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No, it should not.

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Other. (Please explain)

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lets establish a context for the book, hercules "frothing at the mouth" Rockefeller, throws at me

goddamn ridiculous. there was none of that in my post
i am doing 2 weeks and herc ups the ante?
stirs the pot?
what a fucking troll

I’m not frothing at the mouth at all; I'm quite calm. I was not referring to you specifically, I was replying in a general sense to what I thought was a general question from S.A.M. I had nothing to do with your most recent ban and have expressed no opinion on the matter.

Goddamm is not swearing anyway.
It's almost as anodyne as Goshdamn, which no one has used since James Stewart died.

James-Stewart-Harvey.jpg

"I could a sworn I saw a goshdamn Jackass around here"

Last edited:
A Note for Gustav

Perhaps it is a bit forward, but I'm going to ask that you call this one done, and consider the point made.

That is, whether or not the point can actually be made will remain an open question; I cannot so specifically read my colleagues' minds.

However, the moderators are presently debating in the back room about whether and how to reconsider our rules and infraction policies; this transition is long in coming. I do not believe that your present course will offer any positive influence over the considerations.

Thus, I would ask that we see what comes. The actual rules and infraction-accumulation procedures are under direct consideration, with no insignificant amount of attention being urged toward individual standards of offense.

It is, furthermore, my hope to find some way to gather and consider input from the membership. Naturally, in doing so, I will ask certain considerations of decorum, but I'll worry about those as I figure out the process.

Meanwhile, sir, can we let this one go for now? You have been heard by those who will hear you, and further pressure will only raise the ire of those determined to scorn you.

Give us room, please. We hear you. And, in truth, if things don't go well, I'm certain we'll give you cause to fly the banners again soon enough.

Thank ye.

How aware are members of the infractions they are accumulating. As far as I know I haven't received any yet. Is this info passed on to the member when the infraction is noted?

How aware are members of the infractions they are accumulating. As far as I know I haven't received any yet. Is this info passed on to the member when the infraction is noted?

When you get an infraction you receive a warning in your inbox. Also, you can see your infractions in your profile:

sciforumscomviewprofile.png

The infractions remain in your profile even after they expire, so you can always click on them to see what they are for

If you want to see the post the infraction is given for you click on the post, if it has been mentioned in your infraction list. For example, my unexpired infraction point above was for this post:

jamesrkaffirisnotaninsu.png

You can see the red card under the avatar

Similarly, even after your infraction expires, the cards still remain under your avatar, the second infraction in the list above was for this post:

argentinabrazilrecogniz.png

You can see that even though the infraction has expired, the yellow card remains under the avatar.

Previously, you could see everyone's red and yellow cards, they were later made private so only you can see your own infractions, both in the profile and under the avatar

why did you get infractions for those posts? It is just innocent drivel.

With respect, you haven't read them all.
You are an invalid judge on both counts:
that they were unworthy of an infraction and that they were drivel.

I think that SAM could rarely be accused of writing drivel.

As for innocent, I would be interested in why you chose that word.

why did you get infractions for those posts? It is just innocent drivel.

Both were based on member reports, i.e. Geoff. The first was my reaction to almost 5? pages of Geoff spouting Mawdudi in a topic which had nothing to do with him and the second was my reaction to Geoff's opinion on mixed race Palestinians. Clearly it was my fault for reacting.

Since I received an infraction for reporting posts where members were goading me [after being advised that the correct way to deal with flaming was to report such posts], I have stopped reporting such posts. Now I only have to stop reacting to them.

Both were based on member reports, i.e. Geoff. The first was my reaction to almost 5? pages of Geoff spouting Mawdudi in a topic which had nothing to do with him and the second was my reaction to Geoff's opinion on mixed race Palestinians. Clearly it was my fault for reacting.

Since I received an infraction for reporting posts where members were goading me [after being advised that the correct way to deal with flaming was to report such posts], I have stopped reporting such posts. Now I only have to stop reacting to them.

But who could ever be offended by the content of your posts? Clearly someone who shouldn't be on the internet.

capt?
what do you have to say to that?

I say that Geoff should stop spouting Mawdudi.
A 14 day ban is in order if he does it again.

14 days for saying Goddamn eight times. That is tough justice Gustav.
Nearly two days a Goddamn.
Someone else got a ban for asking a question.

Ah well, it's all part of life's rich pageant, as someone, probably drunk, once said.

url

Judge Fraggle

Last edited:

Ban lengths are not arbitrary, but depend on the number of active infraction points that a member has we he or she is banned.

I say that Geoff should stop spouting Mawdudi.
A 14 day ban is in order if he does it again.

Someone else got a ban for asking a question.

Ah well, it's all part of life's rich pageant, as someone, probably drunk, once said.

url

Judge Fraggle

That is rich Captain

Ban lengths are not arbitrary, but depend on the number of active infraction points that a member has we he or she is banned.

5 points currently
2 at the point of the frag incident?????

infractions1.jpg

infractions2.jpg

lets eyeball the hateful, bigoted diatribes

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2693237&postcount=2

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2701124&postcount=62

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2708406&postcount=28

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2712270&postcount=25

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2745715&postcount=643

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2745707&postcount=642

what do you think capt?
can we still be friends?

14 days for the Goddamns was excessive.
But some of those other posts were inflammatory Gustav.
The kaffir one was just asking for a ban.
Why don't you leave Fraggle alone for a while?

Try picking on Dwyddyr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back