Having trouble posting a new thread

Revelation In Space

Registered Senior Member
I suspect it's because of my recent name change or the post I was making was too large. The error notification didn't give a reason. What is the limit for post size? I've seen some pretty large ones. Posted this. Must have been too large. Tried shortening it. That didn't work. Are there any restrictions on posting a new thread in the religion forum?

I discovered once that making an arrow pointer of out of two hyphens and greater-than-sign prevented a post from being submitted. Tried reducing the number of characters in much more significant ways, none of which worked. But the oddity of simply removing of those three symbols (in the content, not a title) did the trick. And it was probably just a one time thing (since I had successfully used such at other times before then), thus making predictability of what could constitute a trouble-maker even more frustrating.

I discovered once that making an arrow pointer of out of two hyphens and greater-than-sign prevented a post from being submitted. Tried reducing the number of characters in much more significant ways, none of which worked. But the oddity of simply removing of those three symbols (in the content, not a title) did the trick. And it was probably just a one time thing (since I had successfully used such at other times before then), thus making predictability of what could constitute a trouble-maker even more frustrating.
I figured out what it was. It was my copy and paste. The machine didn't like the formatting from which I copied my text so I took it over to a generic text editor and then recopied and pasted it from there.

Back