How is salvation explained astro-theologically?

Medicine*Woman

Jesus: Mythstory--Not History!
Valued Senior Member
M*W: Recently asked this question, I believe Dr. M.D. Magee has the best answer, and I wanted to share it with you for your comments:

"The doctrine of salvation by crucifixion had an astronomical origin. The sun is hung on a cross or crucified when it passes through the equinoxes. The sun god exists as twins, a bright twin and a dark twin, summer and winter, bright and dark. People in northern climates were saved by the sun’s crucifixion when it crossed over the equatorial line into the season of spring, at the vernal equinox at Easter. The sun that is crucified is the dark winter sun, lacking the warmth and brightness of the summer. It is resurrected as, or supplanted by, its twin, the bright warm fertilizing summer sun that continues on to ascend into heaven. In the hot climates of the ancient near east, the summer sun is the wicked sun. Crucified was the salvific cool winter sun that had brought the rains, and his death was bewailed by people forlorn until he came again in the autumn. In Ezekiel, women outside the temple gates bewailed the death of Tammuz. Christianity confused the two traditions."

~ Dr. M.D. Magee (c) May 7, 2001

M*W: Recently asked this question, I believe Dr. M.D. Magee has the best answer, and I wanted to share it with you for your comments:

"The doctrine of salvation by crucifixion had an astronomical origin. The sun is hung on a cross or crucified when it passes through the equinoxes. The sun god exists as twins, a bright twin and a dark twin, summer and winter, bright and dark. People in northern climates were saved by the sun’s crucifixion when it crossed over the equatorial line into the season of spring, at the vernal equinox at Easter. The sun that is crucified is the dark winter sun, lacking the warmth and brightness of the summer. It is resurrected as, or supplanted by, its twin, the bright warm fertilizing summer sun that continues on to ascend into heaven. In the hot climates of the ancient near east, the summer sun is the wicked sun. Crucified was the salvific cool winter sun that had brought the rains, and his death was bewailed by people forlorn until he came again in the autumn. In Ezekiel, women outside the temple gates bewailed the death of Tammuz. Christianity confused the two traditions."

~ Dr. M.D. Magee (c) May 7, 2001

This is basically identical to the explanation given in that internet film "Zeitgeist", and I've seen many non-religious folks on this forum speak very unflatteringly about it...so I'm going to assume that Dr. M.D. Magee is fundamentally wrong.

Though I'm not interested enough to do my own research on this.

It tends to appeal to the conspiricy minded and has that sort of cherry picked highly massaged feel to it. So far as I can tell it only has a highly vocal fringe following.

Though if you were tripping or really stoned it would be one of those great aha! moments until the next day when you realized just how fucked up you were last night and find you are standing in a parking lot with nothing on but a pair of boxers...on your head.

Not that I would know anything about that sort of thing.

Back