how to report spotted UFO's?

pooyak

Premium Member
Registered Senior Member
I was looking into the sky with my telescope when suddenly i spotted a bright shiny star. Then I decided to look at it with the telescope. Guess what I couldn't :confused: find it. It kept on getting away from my view. I realized that it moved fast from one place to another. Left to right. :bugeye: everytime i tried to focus on it with my telescope that thing moved to either left or right. I couldn't have been a helicopter, becasue it moved left to right. it couldn't have been a star, because it takes millions on years for its light to get to Earth. It couln't have been a stallite either, becasue you can bairly see it with your eyes. I am thinking that it could be a UFO. :eek: :confused: But does any body know how I can report it?

By the way I live close to the Observetories. :bugeye:

I dont know where you report it, but look in the phone directory or on the internet for your local UFO association. They will want the following inormation as precisely as you can provide it:

- Time and date
- Where were you standing?
- In which direction were you looking?
- How high in the sky was the observed object?
- In which direction was it moving?
- How fast did it move?
- What did it look like?
- Were there other people seing it?
- Did you hear any sounds?

Try to be as precise as you can, and as objective as you can.

All that said, I think you saw a satelite. Some satelites are quite bright. A sattelite will move across the sky with a steady speed on a steady course, its light can change or seem to twinkle (partly because of atmospheric conditions, partly because some sattelites are rotating), and it may suddenly become visible or suddenly "go out" as it passes out from or into Earth's shadow.

Hans

Pooyak

It's worth checking with http://www.heavens-above.com to make sure it was not a sattelite. You can enter time, date and location on that site and it tells you if a sattelite was visible.

You would also be surprised just how bright those things get and how fast they move. I regularly see 1 or 2 a night by naked eye. And I live in a bad light pollution area.

The best organization to direct a UFO report to would be the Mutual UFO Network, or MUFON. This organization has members coast to coast in every major city and in many hotbeds of UFO activity. It is the largest civilian UFO organization in existance. You can contact them by the following website:

http://www.mufon.com/home.html

MUTUAL UFO NETWORK, INC.
P.O. Box 369
Morrison, CO 80465-0369 U.S.A.

Back