Human Genome Project Ideas???

DMK

Registered Member
Hey you guys, I'm new here and was wondering if you might be able to help me out with a few suggestions.

At the school I attend they assign projects that span the entire school year and are to be presented during the final weeks of our second semester. The projects can be on anything you choose - research, problem solving, building things, etc., basically anything that interests you. You are expected to give a 15 minute presentation at the end of the year and have one final "product" to show for your work. Many kids choose to do an in-depth Power Point or write novellas (well, they call them papers but when they get past the 70 page mark I feel inclined to call them something different). I wanted to do something different this year.

You see, my project is on the Human Genome Project and basically covers the history, the focus points, and the impact it is expected to have on the future of science. For my final product I would like to do something out of the ordinary but I am without any ideas...

So far dressing up as DNA or a double-helix has been suggested, but I was wondering if anyone out there, who is perhaps a bit more creative than I, has any better ideas?

All feedback is greatly appreciated!!! :) Thanks in advance!

human genome project

This is pretty simple, but it might be neat to have a poster or something with the entire sequence (very very small print) there is actually free software you can get on the Human Genome project for free from this site human genome software
I got it a couple years ago but haven't used it yet, I bet it will give you cool graphics and lots of facts. It's to help people teach about the human genome project. It comes with a 15 min video, a multimedia CD, poster and info.
I bet it would help.
It might also be neat to have a sequence read-out so people could understand how complicated the graphs are, but I don't know if that would be readily available to you.

Back