Human Rights Law

alexb123

The Amish web page is fast!
Valued Senior Member
I am about to bring a claim under UK employment law regarding discrimination. However, my case is 6 years past the time limit. Case time limits can be extended if you can prove that it was 'just and equitable' that you could not bring the case within time.

The reasoning behind this late claim is that my ex-employer has a history of violence and on one occasion assaulted me. I was also threatened many times while working for them. Also, 3 other employees were subjected to threats of violence on leaving the company. I have substantial proof that bringing a claim is of personal danger to myself.

I am now more confident in bringing a claim at this present time, as I no longer live in close proximity to my ex-employer.

So my question is, was it my human right to not enter into litigation while the time limit was still current? And that now I do feel in a position to bring litigation, is it now my human right to have the time limit extended? Or would it be 'just and equitable' under human rights law that I be given a time limit extension?

Let it go, otherwise you're going to waste some of your life on this fucker.

How much are you going to get if you straight out win a case?
how much do you stand to lose?

And more importantly, can money buy back the time you spend worrying about it and holding a grudge?

BTW human rights as it stands is a modernised version, i suspect it may have been different 6 + years ago this might affect the case, have you gone to citizens advice or spoke to a solicitor at all?
what did they say?

Godless I would love to let things go but because of the sheer stress I suffered I now suffer from memory problems and other health issues. They are so bad at times that I am unable to work. I have lost two jobs already because of my health.

I am in the process of finding a Solicitor but I do not have any money to pay them so it’s all free advice. As yet no one is prepared to even give the case a chance as its too long and complex. I have written a summary of all the issues and it currently stands at 35,000 words. I don't think Solicitors want to take on a case this big unless you have the money pay them. The free Government help seems limited and over-stretched as it is.

Back