I need two new fingers

Maast

AF E-7 Retired
Registered Senior Member
6 months ago on my last trip to the sandbox I managed to get my left hand (im right hand dominant) pulled into a table saw, it made a hell of a mess of my fingers.

Index, middle and ring were chopped up. To make a loooong story short I lost the middle ,they put the ring back on with an artificial joint at the PIP (which has since come apart, finger is 90 degrees out) and they repaired the index which bends fine at the PIP (second from the tip) but not at the DP.

Thumb, pinky is fine, and I'm starting to get sensation in the index tip, overall the hand is functional, I'm awkward-ized not crippled. I'm not looking for sympathy or "oh my gods" or whatever, couldn't care less. I type as well as I ever did.

What I would like to know is the current state of finger-and-limb reconstruction, discussed moving a toe with my meat mechanic (doctor) but its not worth it since I have 2 fairly functional fingers and my thumb. I'd sure like to have the middle two back though, especially since I'm a handyman type.

So do you guys know of any options I may not be aware of? Other than toe moving I dont know of anything else viable. I'd like to have a Luke Skywalker hand please (with built in flashlight, power screwdriver and socket set)

Thanks, but I can google with the best of em. I'm looking for specific viable finger replacing technologies that is out there now, not a million links to nowhere.

Back