If God created everything....

croper

Registered Senior Member
Then why;

1) Did He give whales and dolphins (and manatees etc.), lungs. This seems like exceptionally poor design to me. If I were a dolphin, I'd be getting me a gill transplant.

2) Why is human childbirth so difficult? Humans have the most trouble at giving birth than any other creature due to our big heads and narrow hips.

3) Why did he make stars that are so far away, we can't even see them?

4) Why didn't he ensure that the Bible was at least believable to logical thinking human beings?

He made child-birth difficult to punish all women for Eve's sinful disobedience.

Originally posted by Redoubtable
He made child-birth difficult to punish all women for Eve's sinful disobedience.

Wasn't this just about the same time the human race started to include protein in their diets which created bigger brains? If childbirth is so damn difficult, how could the species have propagated?

WHY...

1) Did He give whales and dolphins (and manatees etc.), lungs. This seems like exceptionally poor design to me. If I were a dolphin, I'd be getting me a gill transplant.

He simply forgot to give them legs. He meant to do it on the Monday, But God doesn't like Mondays so he took eternity off.

2) Why is human childbirth so difficult? Humans have the most trouble at giving birth than any other creature due to our big heads and narrow hips.

This is why humility is so important. Big heads are so tedious, but slim hips aren't a problem, surely?

Well you might see a few if you lived in Hollywood or Notting Hill.

4) Why didn't he ensure that the Bible was at least believable to logical thinking human beings?

Because he wrote it for the pulp fiction market.

Why didn't he ensure that the Bible was at least believable to logical thinking human beings?
I think it is logical, if you understand it. :) The old testament us about the coming of a 'saviour' and the new testament is about him.

How can this be so, because Eve must have been created before she was 'sinful' and 'disobedient'.

Why not? Neither whales nor dolphins needs gills. If you believe in evolution then why haven't they evolved them? If it would confer some kind of advantage it should happen eventually.

As do all other primates. Also, apparently you have never birthed a calf. I haven't, but I've watched, and it aint pretty. Believe me, cows have it every bit as hard as humans.

How do you know what else is out there with those stars or whether or not we'll ever reach them as a species?

Because He didn't write it.

Why not? Neither whales nor dolphins needs gills. If you believe in evolution then why haven't they evolved them? If it would confer some kind of advantage it should happen eventually.
lol, it might actually be that you have the worst understanding of evolution of any person that i have ever come across;) no, i digress, but if this is your belief of how evolution happens i understand why you wouldn't believe in it, and if i were you i wouldn't even bother trying to argue against evolution before i knew even it's basic mechanics. it is beyond whales and dolphins and manatee's to evolve gills because they are mammals, it is not in their genetic make-up (it would take some mad genetic modification, years beyond our current ability, to create a whale with gills). what is in thier genetic make up however, is the necessary information to create legs- being the land mammals they once were. a japanese whaling ship has actually caught a whale with legs. this is a rare event though, it's called an avartism (sp?) or genetic throw back. very unusal but insightful to the past of whales when they indeed walked on land.

How do you know what else is out there with those stars or whether or not we'll ever reach them as a species?
unfortunately the nearest star to our solar system is thousands of light years away. at most i think we will only ever observe them from the saftey of our solar system (unless some wack invents worm holes, in which case, who knows where we will eventually explore).

Wasn't this just about the same time the human race started to include protein in their diets which created bigger brains? If childbirth is so damn difficult, how could the species have propagated?
yup, protein's the difference. if we want to take an example that perhaps proves micro-evolution; it is beyond bull dog's ability to birth with out the assistance of humans now. their jaws have been made so big through human manipulation by selective breeding that they depend on us for their existance. god cannot have made them like that as they would not exist. i think that is a much better example of either a) bad design by god; or b) proof that god didn't create dogs. humans did.

Originally posted by croper
He likes good jokes... :D
Maybe that he had problems with his wife that led him to think about it... (if God is a man!) or is it a joke too?
He wanted us to understand that Earth is not the center of the universe.
Could you translate Harry Potter so that a monkey could understand it by himself? :bugeye:
(Edit : this answer is not as clear as I thought... sorry)

Back