Inconsistent ban policy?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by funkstar, Dec 29, 2011.

1. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

Could someone in the know please explain why Reiku/Green Destiny/Mister/<a dozen other monikers> is back?

I can infer from some of his posts that he's been banned from posting in the Physics & Math subforum, but I cannot understand why he's back at all, let alone before his previous ban was up.

An explanation would be nice...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

He asked really nicely...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

James, could I please, please please, have $1,000,000 and a Lamborghini?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Dywyddyr:

Unfortunately, much as I like your politeness, my resources as admin of sciforums do not extend to $1 million payments etc.

8. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

So if I were to spam the forums with nonsense, plagiarize, create multiple sock puppets, ditto to evade even temporary bans, and perform all the other violations that Reiku's multiple personalities have committed over the years, all I would have to do to be let back in is ask nicely?

That aside, I really do not think it is healthy for him to be allowed to post anywhere. He'll take it as (false) affirmation that someone actually believes his nonsense is valuable.

9. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

James, come on, he is your room mate or something? Your doctor? What is it? Why would you let him make sock puppets after being permbanned and be allow another account before a ban was complete? Multiple accounts not allowed? Trolling? Posting meaningless contenct? Flaming? Sock puppets? All are offences for which users have been permanently banned, but this guy does that all and he gets "Do do it again"?

10. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Maybe James just likes watching Reiku get repeatedly steam rolled for being dishonest, like someone who going on X Factor / Pop Idol who can't sing, thinks they can and then gets savaged by the judges. After all, that's the part of the show plenty of people tune in for, the rubbish people who don't realise they are rubbish. Reiku constantly 'auditions' and constantly get laughed off stage.

Provided Reiku keeps within certain bounds I personally don't have a problem with him coming back. We can all point and laugh at his poor maths skills and attempts to parrot YouTube videos he doesn't understand. It's when he deliberately tries to present himself as knowledgeable in things he isn't to people who can't spot his errors. Presently he's writing a 'book' aimed at 14~16 year olds, people too young to spot his many mistakes. He doesn't know he makes the mistakes because he doesn't know the material in any decent way so it's going to infect other people. That goes explicitly against the purpose of an educational science forum so he shouldn't be allowed to post that sort of stuff. He can discuss the topics but he shouldn't be presenting himself as knowledgeable. It's flat out dishonest.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The fact is, Reiku's being allowed back was almost an accident. He created a sock puppet - Mister - which went unrecognised for a while. In that time, his posts suggested that maybe he'd grown up a little in his time away from sciforums. When I directly asked him if "Mister" was a sock, he admitted it and asked to come back. I thought it was worth giving him a second chance.

I should say that actually owning up to being a sock and apologising for past behaviours is almost unheard of among the permanently banned. The usual modus operandi is to hold a grudge for years and years, and to repeatedly pop in here to attempt to vandalise the place until you are caught again.

You could try it and see. I don't advise it.

I don't think he has had much affirmation since he has been back. Do you?

No to both. I have never met Reiku/Mister outside of sciforums and have never had any contact with him other than here. He is not a doctor, by the way.

When he was allowed back, he was allowed back with a clean slate. In other words, we forget the past sock puppets etc. We deal with him as if he is a new member.

No. I do not come here to laugh at people.

That will certainly get him permanently banned again if it continues.

12. Reiku Banned Banned

Why shouldn't I? And my ban from physics was my own idea and much welcomed might I add.

13. Reiku Banned Banned

I'm still prone for not the best of behaviour, but I certainly feel a lot of time has passed since I first came here. I'm almost apart of the woodwork.

14. Reiku Banned Banned

I have once remarked, being in sciforums is like being hooked up to a life support machince. You don't know whose gonna pull the wire...

Seriously though, does James have to answer to people like you? Would you have been shocked that James did not see half the behaviour here on me as an act of lynching? Maybe James seceretly recognizes that and sympthesizes on me? Who knows eh?

I'm really blackmailing the poor the sod. Come on, I know that's what half of you are thinking

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Reiku Banned Banned

That is only justified if I actually know I represent errors. I have never done that to anyone before. That kind of behaviiour were I come from is often unheard of.

16. Reiku Banned Banned

I mean I've heard alphanumeric and FEW OTHERS of his cliques but to be honest they say this because I speak with confidence, not because I speak with a PhD. There is no way in honest hell will I be blamed for being confident which should carefully follow a ban.

17. Gustav Banned Banned

please note that there are several administrators here
    some are more forgiving than others

reiku
    i swear to god
    stop spamming

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

I wasn't referring to that: he has since broken multiple rules as the Mister persona, including evading bans with other sock puppets. You yourself wrote in a recent post that these repeated violations meant that he was now permanently banned, that all future accounts would be permanently banned and all their posts erased.

That seemed pretty definitive to me. Yet, not only was he not permanently banned, you even lifted his temporary ban early - as far as I can tell, that's unprecedented.
    I do. Merely posting his nonsense and getting replies from a community such as this is in itself a type of affirmation. But the worst of it is that you severely bent the forum rules for him, which will suggest to his disturbed mind that he is being recognized as special, with contributions valuable enough to warrant disregarding even your own rules.

19. Reiku Banned Banned

Bottom line then I think is what constitutes as rubbish?

I mean over the years, I admitted to posting a lot of rubbish here but that was out of a childish behaviour when things didn't go my way here.

Since then, I haven't really posted rubbish. For instance, my thread on consciousness recieved replies not because it is rubbish, but because people want to hear my thoughts on the subject. Reiku and that specific topic goes hand in hand sometimes according to some here. And some have admitted they'd rather read my ''drivel'' than read something posted by alphanumeric.

So it jealousy or something, because in the end I'd wager that psuedoscience posts more crap topics than I ever have done in a life time here. Why don't you just censor the entire forum by making speculations a completely no go area.

20. Reiku Banned Banned

And it could be argued James was aware I shouldn't have been banned in some instances, or that I have been mistreated sometimes. From calling me a plagiarist with (no evdience, evidence did exist but it was my own work lol) - to moving my posts because the topic does not suffice the standards of the biased mods.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

He created a few sock puppets following that ban. We had some exchanges by PM where we negotiated certain terms under which he was allowed to come back.

Lifting the temp ban early, by the way, was an oversight on my part, but not one I'm going to go back and "correct" now. This all happened over the Christmas period. I wasn't even online for a couple of days.

We'll see.

22. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

You present material you are unfamiliar with and haven't checked. You know your understanding isn't very good so it's pretty much the same as giving knowingly false material.

You do engage in a form of plagiarism. You don't understand the material of which you speak, you just copy bits of it and knit it together to try and form a narrative. You always fail when you do this. If you can't understand something then the only way to explain it to others is to basically mindlessly parrot what other people say.

Yes, we're biased again nonsense or mistake ridden essays.

Do you think no one had considered it before?

I'd rather have 1 honest person listen to me than have 50 hacks listen to you. Science isn't a popularity contest and no matter how many people you deceive it won't get you anywhere closer to being an actual physicist or understanding the material you're spewing parrot fashion.

You speak with misplaced confidence. Every time you've tried to speak at any length on any topic beyond secondary school you've been corrected on something, usually very basic stuff.

As for why you think you're treated how you are, you really don't get it. You don't intimidate anyone, no one is jealous, you have nothing to be jealous or intimidated of. Your behaviour is generally dishonest and childish and that is why people treat you as if you're dishonest and childish.

Quite what drives you to delude yourself and deceive others I don't know. It really does seem to be an issue you have which you need to deal with. When you were banned your threats of making problems for the forum show an attitude I'd expect of a spoilt 5 year old, not someone in their mid 20s. You need to learn to deal with whatever issues you have else you'll be on forums when you're 45 still trying to convince people you could walk a physics degree course's 1st year because you've spent a lot of time on Wikipedia. No amount of pop science reading will ever get you to that position but since you never try to do said material on a working level you never find this out. It's the "I've never tried it but I'm sure I'd be brilliant" mentality. And you refuse to try.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  23. Reiku Banned Banned

Don't get on your moral high horse now AN. You're a mod hack! A disingeneous, stalker mod. You stalk the posts of so called ''cranks'' then you use your ''superior knowledge'' to basically shit on their faces. You'd rather want 1 honest person speak to you, than 50 hacks listen to me? I'd rather have 50 hacks listen to me because they like me, than the 1 listen to me for my knowledge, because knowledge means shit and behaviour speaks a million words about who someone is and what they are like.