is "Climate" getting worser !?!?!

cyber_indian

Registered Senior Member
Past couple of years we've been witnesses on some of the worst nature disasters ... floodings, some of the worst storms, asian tsunami (which is a normal nature event, but I'm sure it's been catalysed by higher global temperatures and the fact that the tree hot streems for the "conveyor belt" come together exactly where the underwater quake originated).

Now I live in Florida and usualy january HAVE TO get chilly, but this year it didn't (and as I told a friend of mine - it's not normal and I've got the feeling it's going to get wrong), on the other hand now we get minus 40 degrees in Russia and UK's turn coming ...

What I'm woried about that we're loosing something verry rare in our solar system - "Planet Climating" ... what I'm woried about is that the climate is weakening, meaning that temperatures are geting extreeme - some places too cold, some places too hot just like deserts and on every other planet.

What I'm also worried that it's not only the green house gases falt ,but also tne "release of heat" from everythng connected with humans cars, factories and etc. Ecologists have to calculate the "BTU per person" and "BTU per square feet" and ask them self what was it 2000 year before and now ... not only worrying about the greenhouse gases.

is "Climate" getting worser !?!?!

"Worser?" I think you meant worse. But regardless, what might be considered negative for one species or one population could be considered a positive for another of each. Change happens.

Most of the 'global warming' news these days is media hype. Sure, there's warming trend going on. But we also are coming out of a cold trend, so it could be that the warming we are experiencing right now would have happened regardless of anthropogenic influences.

Also, "release of heat" from "everything connected with humans" isn't tenable. There's some heat released, but it would be negligible in affecting the overall climate.

Don't get all hyped about the media hype. Read books that examine both sides of the anthropogenic (man-made) cause hypothesis. Throughout the geologic history of the planet, there is evidence of periods with much higher average temperatures than now, just as there is evidence for periods of far lower temperatures. We have to come to terms with the fact that global climate is something that isn't stable and that it fluctuates over time.

Humans are the most adaptable species on the planet (perhaps short of cockroaches). We'll fare well enough.

Quakes aren't influenced at all by weather or ocean currents. So the tsunami was not caused or catalysed by human actions.

Who said some thing about media and hype ... last year I had jetski and boats passing by my house instead of cars and trucks during the storm. Some relatives of mine in Europe told me that the devastation from the floods was so bad that main roads and train roads will take up to 6 months to be repaired. And talking abut here in Florida - today 3 am in the morning was hot enough to go out with short pants, that's not normal for January.

Talking about the tsunami - well as I said it's a natural event, but as you know every process goes faster with higher temperature and slows down when temperature goes down. Now look at those two pictures of the last year tsunami epicenter and "conveyor belt"'s point where hot streams comes together and tell me if they match. And don't forget that "conveyor belt" is global climate mechanism.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/2004_Indonesia_Tsunami_Complete.gif

http://www.anl.gov/Media_Center/Frontiers/2003/images/d8ee2.jpg

one has to remember...

1) who is buring down the rain forests????? OPEC...

2) WHAT MIGHT BE THE RESULT??? AN ICE AGE.

3) who would benefit from an ice age?? all the arabs that live in the deserts of southern asia... and northern africa.

REMEMBER THAT.. IF NOTHING ELSE...

its a long term plan..... but they are patient.

-MT

I'm not sure that we realize how much heat we release. For instance a car engine has less than 50 percent productivity - that means that the more than 50 percent of the energy stored in gas is released in form of heat and much smaller percentage of that energy goes to drive the wheels. And considering every tool or service that pay for, how much energy has been burned to get to the final customer form. Those are things that usually we don't need and don't what to talk about. Nowadays almost everything is automated, unlike humans machines release much more heat and/or also the electricity that has to be produced release heat too.
I'm not some kind of pacifist, but I think that we might need to release as less as possible heat in atmosphere and instead release it underground at least factories should. It could be used also by plantations.

Last edited:
I think this is a very interesting topic, cyber indian. As SkinWalker said, the climate does change and always has, and all we can do is adapt. One of the more disturbing things I have read on this topic is that abrupt climate changes can happen in as few as ten years, creating climate changes that can then last 10s or hundreds of years. There was a little ice age (LIA) that lasted from about 1300 to 1850 and Northern Europe, as well as the NE portions of North America were substantially colder then causing much starvation and relocating of populations. There are many sites that discuss these things. One is http://www.whoi.edu/institutes/occi/currenttopics/climatechange_wef.html

Back