Is God All Things, Both High And Low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, almost makes as much sense as a group of squids not being called a squad.

Yeah, almost makes as much sense as a group of squids not being called a squad.

A quote from The Sacred Words of Dog:

"Know that when You look into the eyes of another, You are looking at Me. When another looks into Your eyes, they are looking at Me."

A quote from The Sacred Words of Dog:

"Know that when You look into the eyes of another, You are looking at Me. When another looks into Your eyes, they are looking at Me."

Know that when a snake bit me, after many days of excruciating pain, the snake finally died. Mosquitoes refuse to bite me, purely out of respect.

Know that when a snake bit me, after many days of excruciating pain, the snake finally died. Mosquitoes refuse to bite me, purely out of respect.
Naaah, you don't taste very good. That's all.

Well? Does that question make sense?
The question makes sense. Minimally, it can be answered with a yes or no.

The nature of God is a personal and subjective belief, and an individual's answer does not affect or negate anyone else's answer.

I believe God is not all things high and low.
You may believe God is.

Interestingly, both our answers - including the fact that they are mutually exclusive - is immaterial to the continued spin of the world we both live on.

That is the nature of belief.

Well? Does that question make sense?

Are we supposed to just guess what 'high and low' means? Either that, or you're speaking some language only believers understand. Kx000 agrees with it "perfectly", so I'm assuming he knows exactly what you're talking about. Or does he?

Are we supposed to just guess what 'high and low' means?
Since they are not givens in the question, you are free to assign your own meaning.
That being said, your answer may certainly elicit some requests for elaboration on what they mean to you.

Are we supposed to just guess what 'high and low' means? Either that, or you're speaking some language only believers understand. Kx000 agrees with it "perfectly", so I'm assuming he knows exactly what you're talking about. Or does he?
To the brightest star in the sky, to the lowest turd in the bowl, All is God.

To the brightest star in the sky, to the lowest turd in the bowl, All is God.
And - fun fact - that lowest turd originally came from a star. I guess it might also have come from a dog, although few dogs use the toilet.

And, how useful is that information? Should I stop flushing God down the toilet?
No. I'm hoping for your sake there will be many more sacred turds to come down the chute and be flushed again and again.

See if we are in agreement. Are we?
Of course not. I thought my post #7 was quite thoughtful and open-minded.

I'm just a bit taken aback that, after you asked us all for our input, you simply stated the answer you already had. It suggests the opening question was not really asked in sincerity.

Of course not. I thought my post #7 was quite thoughtful and open-minded.

I'm just a bit taken aback that, after you asked us all for our input, you simply stated the answer you already had. It suggests the opening question was not really asked in sincerity.
So you're butt-hurt because I have an answer of my own but wanted to hear yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back