Islam's Treatment for Anxiety and Worry

P

Proud_Syrian

Let us discuss some of the different kinds of remedies and treatments taught by Islam:

1. Equipping oneself with Iman (faith), accompanied by righteous deeds.
Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer, verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world, with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e., Paradise in the Hereafter).” [al-Nahl 16:97]
The reason for this is clear: the believers in Allah whose faith is correct and motivates them to do righteous deeds that reform their hearts and characters, and change their status in this world and the next, have the basic principles according to which they deal with every kind of joy and grief that they may face. They receive blessings and joys with acceptance and thanksgiving, and put them to use in beneficial ways. When they do this, they feel happy and hope that it will last and will bring them reward for their gratitude, as well as other things that will supercede the original goodness and blessings. ..........Read More:

http://members.tripod.com/maseeh1/advices7/id150.htm

This is the way God wants us to be free of anxiety:

In Jesus’ own words:

Matthew 6
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.
29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Philippians 4
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Islamic tradition argues that the guarantee of heaven is as impossible to find as a chaste virgin and pure speech. Ultimately it is Allah who will decide the outcome. Mohammed himself doubted his fate.

Then, those whose scales (of good deeds) are heavy, - these, they are the successful. And those whose scales (of good deeds) are light, they are those who lose their ownselves, in Hell will they abide. (Al-Mu'minun 23:102-103)

And We sent not a Messenger except with the language of his people, in order that he might make (the Message) clear for them. Then Allâh misleads whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. (Ibrahim 14:4)

Volume 5, Book 58, Number 266:
Narrated 'Um al-'Ala:
An Ansari woman who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet that the Ansar drew lots concerning the dwelling of the Emigrants. 'Uthman bin Maz'un was decided to dwell with them (i.e. Um al-'Ala's family), 'Uthman fell ill and I nursed him till he died, and we covered him with his clothes. Then the Prophet came to us and I (addressing the dead body) said, "O Abu As-Sa'ib, may Allah's Mercy be on you! I bear witness that Allah has honored you." On that the Prophet said, "How do you know that Allah has honored him?" I replied, "I do not know. May my father and my mother be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! But who else is worthy of it (if not 'Uthman)?" He said, "As to him, by Allah, death has overtaken him, and I hope the best for him. By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me," By Allah, I will never assert the piety of anyone after him. That made me sad, and when I slept I saw in a dream a flowing stream for 'Uthman bin Maz'un. I went to Allah's Apostle and told him of it. He remarked, "That symbolizes his (good) deeds."

Christians believe that all mankind are sinners. We cannot be good enough to approach God by ourselves.

Romans 3
10As it is written: There is no one righteous, not even one;

However, our Lord loves us so much that He has provided a way for our sins to be forgiven.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

2 Corinthians 5
19that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them.

Jesus confirmed this.

John 14
1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me.
2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
4You know the way to the place where I am going."
5Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"
6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

In His message and gift of eternal salvation, we have our blessed hope.

Originally posted by chalcedony
Islamic tradition argues that the guarantee of heaven is as impossible to find as a chaste virgin and pure speech. Ultimately it is Allah who will decide the outcome. Mohammed himself doubted his fate.

Good observation....
And hence the meaning of our religion...submission..comes from. If one knows his outcome, like christians do, they are not really submitting or trusting Jesus, merely using him to convince themselves that they are saved. What if Jesus decide that he wants to throw them in hell despite of their belief in him because they didn't work rightousness, would the christians still belief in the same Jesus that might throw them in hell.....I don't think so. We muslims submit ourself to god and trust his decision for us....We dedicate every minute of our lives to please god while not knowing how god will judge us....We never place ourselves above our god and we trust in god's justice, mercy, and compassion.

Stories of New Muslims

In the Name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful

This page is built on the shoulders of those people who have volunteered their personal stories of how they entered Islam. If you, the reader, are open to the possibility that Allah, the Creator, has given you clear evidence to accept Him and His message of Islam, then read these stories. From different backgrounds, and different experiences, you just might find someone here who had the same questions and doubts that you may have. Many of these people have endured against tremendous obstacles, including parental opposition, despair with other religions, being blind, and being lied to about the true nature of Islam..............

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/newmuslims/

Originally posted by Flores
If one knows his outcome, like christians do, they are not really submitting or trusting Jesus, merely using him to convince themselves that they are saved. What if Jesus decide that he wants to throw them in hell despite of their belief in him because they didn't work rightousness, would the christians still belief in the same Jesus that might throw them in hell. We dedicate every minute of our lives to please god while not knowing how god will judge us....We never place ourselves above our god and we trust in god's justice, mercy, and compassion.

Christians do submit ourselves to God. We are called upon to trust in Him. A large portion of the encouragement we Christians give to one another is to remind us of putting our trust in the Lord.

Romans 8
5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
6The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;
7the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.
8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.
11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

James 4
7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

John 14
1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

Romans 15
13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We dedicate our lives to our Lord God because we love Him and want only to please Him. We desire to have a personal relationship with God and we do. We do not place ourselves above Him, that would be folly. We are very conscious of God’s love for us and the gift of salvation that He has given us. This gift sometimes overwhelms us with the mercy God has shown us. For that alone we willingly submit ourselves to God’s authority. We are well aware of our sinful state, that we could never hope to come before Him without His gift of salvation. We know that without Jesus’ sacrifice we would deserve to go to hell.

Do you believe you are not worthy to be in Allah’s presence? You say you trust in Allah, but is it a real trust if you don’t believe he would really send you to hell in the first place?

Priests And Preachers Enter ISLAM?

The media classifies Muslims as "terrorists," "highjackers" and "kidnappers."
So why would anyone even look at Islam? Why are so many priests and preachers going to Islam?

http://www.todayislam.com/yusuf.htm

Syrian,

That is a fantastic article, and it makes some great points. The only problem I have is his belief in god. Let me explain...

He learned of God through his parents, and the bible and such, but when he discovers inconsistancies in the Bible, and changes and errors, he doesn't seem to put 2 and 2 together. Think about it. If your basis for belief is discovered to be a fallacy, why would you continue to believe?

I should rephrase that, because he's not saying the bible is a fallacy. What he's saying is that there are many problems with the book. Too many things that don't match, and too many things that don't fit the origional message.

That said, why is he so sure that the first account (Genesis) is any more accurate than the NT? After all, he said himself that some of the authors are blatantly changing the Old Testament and it's teachings, so what is to say that the Old Testament isn't just hogwash in itself?

I have a real problem with the fact that this guy never once said "Well, this thing is crap, so maybe I should question my belief in god as a whole..." but he never does. He questions things about god, such as what he'll be like, and why he created him, but never once does he question "Does this discovery have any bearing on god himself?" This guy never once wondered if the whole supreme being concept was fiction. Not once.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but if the Bible was how he learned of god, why would he not question god himself if he found many problems with the bible? Just curious.

Still, a great post. Syrian, you have any thoughts on the subject?

JD

We dedicate our lives to our Lord God because we love Him and want only to please Him. We desire to have a personal relationship with God and we do. We do not place ourselves above Him, that would be folly.

Very nice so far, we sing a similar tune.

We are very conscious of God’s love for us and the gift of salvation that He has given us.

Stop.....Given???? So judgement is finished...God have spoken already...He already have GIVEN the christians their salvation....Matters have already been settled for the christians. There is no submission in this tune...You have changed your tune.
We are conscious of god's love for us.... Again here you go settling god's matters in your own hands...How do you know if god loves you...perhaps he hate you....Why don't you do what I do and just say, we pray that god looks favorably on us, that god guide us, that god shows us out of his love, mercy, and compassion. Don't assume that god love you, prey for him to show you out of his abundant love and mercy.

This gift sometimes overwhelms us with the mercy God has shown us.

You have not seen anything yet.......By looking at your life, you may get overwhelmed with god's power, glory, love, mercy, compassion, but we need to pray and work toward the ultimate more important day, when god will really show us these qualities manifest. We are currently blind and veiled from god, and assuming that god dwells in you is placing yourself above god...Submit for real.

Do you believe you are not worthy to be in Allah’s presence? You say you trust in Allah, but is it a real trust if you don’t believe he would really send you to hell in the first place?

Yeah it's trust, absolute trust. God is the creator with all the power over us. Whether he reward us or punich us, we are under his mercy because he is our creator....The unconditional trust and submission of a muslim to his/her god acknowledges all scenarios...Just like the christians say when they get married, for the good days and the bad days for poorer and richer, you guys don't way when you get married, for paradise and salvation....do you???? So does the muslim think of his relation to god..an unhypocritical relation....It's a relation of submission to a higher power that can not be parted off regardless of whether the outcome will be good or bad....because I know myself and I know that I can be rotten sometimes or good.....I'm comforted by the fact that my god is just and mercifull, but no guarantees my friend... I only ask god for forgiveness and for his generosity and that's all I can hope for....I never take it for granted that my lord will save me...He might send me to hell, and he will still be my lord, because I have no choice in picking my creator....and he have a choice in how he will judge me.

Originally posted by JDawg
Syrian,

That is a fantastic article, and it makes some great points. The only problem I have is his belief in god. Let me explain...

He learned of God through his parents, and the bible and such, but when he discovers inconsistancies in the Bible, and changes and errors, he doesn't seem to put 2 and 2 together. Think about it. If your basis for belief is discovered to be a fallacy, why would you continue to believe?

I should rephrase that, because he's not saying the bible is a fallacy. What he's saying is that there are many problems with the book. Too many things that don't match, and too many things that don't fit the origional message.

That said, why is he so sure that the first account (Genesis) is any more accurate than the NT? After all, he said himself that some of the authors are blatantly changing the Old Testament and it's teachings, so what is to say that the Old Testament isn't just hogwash in itself?

I have a real problem with the fact that this guy never once said "Well, this thing is crap, so maybe I should question my belief in god as a whole..." but he never does. He questions things about god, such as what he'll be like, and why he created him, but never once does he question "Does this discovery have any bearing on god himself?" This guy never once wondered if the whole supreme being concept was fiction. Not once.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but if the Bible was how he learned of god, why would he not question god himself if he found many problems with the bible? Just curious.

JD

Dear friend:

Thank you for your reply, the point is this man was christian priest, he is convinced God does exist, but christianity dont guide people to the true God, christianity so absurdly tell people God is 33% flesh and 67 % God !! and God ate, slept, relief himself...etc

Islam tells us that God is supreme, he cant be equated with his creation, he cant have human attributes, he is ONE and ONLY ONE, He has no son, he is unique....This concept of God ( Allah ) is the one that is bringing people to Islam, the simplisity of belief, no nonesense such as the trinity or anything like that.

Islam came to repair christianty and Judaism and that's why not only christians are converting to islam, but jews as well:

yousef2.jpg

http://www.jews-for-allah.org/Why-Believe-in-Allah/

Syrian,

JD

Dear friend:

Thank you for your reply, the point is this man was christian priest, he is convinced God does exist, but christianity dont guide people to the true God, christianity so absurdly tell people God is 33% flesh and 67 % God !! and God ate, slept, relief himself...etc

Islam tells us that God is supreme, he cant be equated with his creation, he cant have human attributes, he is ONE and ONLY ONE, He has no son, he is unique....This concept of God ( Allah ) is the one that is bringing people to Islam, the simplisity of belief, no nonesense such as the trinity or anything like that.

Islam came to repair christianty and Judaism and that's why not only christians are converting to islam, but jews as well:

yousef2.jpg

http://www.jews-for-allah.org/Why-Believe-in-Allah/

Good observation....
And hence the meaning of our religion...submission..comes from. If one knows his outcome, like christians do, they are not really submitting or trusting Jesus, merely using him to convince themselves that they are saved. What if Jesus decide that he wants to throw them in hell despite of their belief in him because they didn't work rightousness, would the christians still belief in the same Jesus that might throw them in hell.....I don't think so. We muslims submit ourself to god and trust his decision for us....We dedicate every minute of our lives to please god while not knowing how god will judge us....We never place ourselves above our god and we trust in god's justice, mercy, and compassion.
You will find varying opinions on this. Most won't presume that they will go to heaven because that is God's decision. However, Jesus has said that anyone who does his Father's will eventually go to heaven. Jews-for-Allah is a joke site. I'd be even suprised if musilms created that site.

Syrian,

but christianity dont guide people to the true God

I have to ask, why would a man who's faith has already been shaken (ie. the priest who converted to Islam) be so quick to fall in love with yet another religious text? It looks to me as if he finally saw through the haze and realized that the Bible is a mess, and depending on the denomination, Christianity teaches different ideals, some of which aren't even based on the texts themselves.

Rather than turn around and question the whole concept of a creator, this guy just ran for one that made more sense to him. One where the god in the story isn't constantly scrutinized by the athiests of the world. You said it yourself; the Christian god is a human-like creature. He is jealous, he works and rests, he makes mistakes and changes his mind. When this finally seemed rediculous to the priest, he ran for the hills.

Islam tells us that God is supreme, he cant be equated with his creation, he cant have human attributes

This would explain why so many people are converting...If you just got out of an abusive relationship, and you came to my house, you wouldn't see me as the good buddy you have a few drinks with sometimes; you'd see me as the kind-hearted, sweet and gentle man with a killer smile and great abs.

Organized religions which have man-god type deities leave themselves open for scrutiny because of those seemingly vulnerable entities. Islam, on the other hand, has no such criticism because their god isn't vulnerable. And while I don't know a great deal about the religion, I've seen that some people don't consider the Muslim god to be a living entity, much in the way the Christians and Jews do. Rather, they find their god to be a power or force that, as Flores said in another thread, that sustains the harmony and oneness of the universe.

So, to a Christian priest who's finally figured out how utterly rediculous his religion is, Islam is a logical step. (Mind you, I use the word "Logical" loosely here)

JD

Originally posted by Flores
Excuse me Proud, but the photo of the man you are showing looks like he's engaged in a costume party or fashion show and not a religious conversion....

Well sister, you cant imagine the feeling of someone who was just guided to the light.......when you convert to islam, you feel great happiness in your heart....

Originally posted by okinrus
You will find varying opinions on this. Most won't presume that they will go to heaven because that is God's decision. However, Jesus has said that anyone who does his Father's will eventually go to heaven. Jews-for-Allah is a joke site. I'd be even suprised if musilms created that site.

Oh really ? Jesus said that nearly most of christians will end up in hell, here are some few examples:

''But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire . " Matthew 5:22

Surely most of you guys have said bad words now and then, therefore according to Jesus , most of you will taste the Fires of Hell and are not Free from punishment according to Jesus .

regarding the site Jews-For-Allah, it is not a joke, it is a reality....and here is another one:

http://www.jewstoislam.com

Enjoy !!

Syrian,

If God can't have human attributes, why do you refer to it as "he?"

JD

There is a difference between refering to God as HE and implying human attributes upon him.....we only REFER, the mislead christian sheeps implyed human attributes on him and equate him with his creation.....BIG DIFFERENCE.

There is a difference between refering to God as HE and implying human attributes upon him.....we only REFER, the mislead christian sheeps implyed human attributes on him and equate him with his creation.....BIG DIFFERENCE.
Why would God create something drastically different from him in image?

Oh really ? Jesus said that nearly most of christians will end up in hell, here are some few examples:
When did I make any predictions on who will go to hell?

''But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire . " Matthew 5:22
yes this is correct. Whoever is angry is like a murder. Liable does not mean hell though. Surely you remember that Jesus said that all sins are forgiven but blasphemy of the holy Spirit?

regarding the site Jews-For-Allah, it is not a joke, it is a reality....and here is another one:
http://www.jewstoislam.com
Jews-For-Allah has so much inaccurate information that I can't even begin. I will just go through it alittle. http://jews-for-allah.org/Why-Believe-in-Allah/Uniting-Jews-and-Christians.htm

The Jews do not believe in Jesus's prophethood because he did not save himself from the cross {Deuteronomy 21:22-23}.
Considering that Isaiah 53 predicts that God's Servent would die, that's not the reason.

The Christians believe Jesus died for our sins, and is a 1/3 of God. Also, abolishment of the Law of Moses (Acts 13:39).
1/3 God is not the doctrin of the Trinity. Nevertheless, Gilgamesh was 2/3 God which would put him ahead of Jesus. Of course both would mean that the gods up there have sex alot.

This has caused a major difference between the Jews and Christians for centuries, escalating conflicts have occurred between the 2 (ie. Catholic Hitler).
Hitler was Catholic but persecuted catholics, Jews and muslims in later years.

What would it take to bring them together (ie. Peace)? What if a Book told the Jews, Jesus was the "word" of God, and was saved from the cross?
Typical technique used by cults such as Raelians. Basically, "My doctrin can't stand alone so I will claim a lineage of prophets backing me up."

Great Happiness in Your Heart!

Originally posted by Proud_Syrian
Well sister, you cant imagine the feeling of someone who was just guided to the light.......when you convert to islam, you feel great happiness in your heart....

Proud, the feeling of "great happiness in your heart" is what it's about. This "great happiness" is what Christians believe they have, but it's false. It's a pretense of happiness. The ONLY way to have happiness in one's heart is to be one with God/Allah--Totally submitting to the Creator. Christians don't totally submit to God. This is what Jesus tried to teach them to do, but instead they submit (or think they're submitting) to Jesus! Christians are idolators, but they don't believe that! They've put a three-pronged wedge in between them and God. Any feeling of "great happiness in their heart" is not possible because they do not submit to God! Oh, yeah, I forgot, they call Jesus "God," so they think they're in God's favor, but they are NOT! Christianity worships a false god--the dead Rabbi.

Back