It's all about awareness

TruthSeeker

Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey
Valued Senior Member
A little question for people...
When you look in the mirror what do you see...?

Be serious...

Love,
Nelson

Some ancient Greeks used to have in their homes small chambers called psychomantiums. These were small cubicles with a comfy seat inside facing a mirror, with all the other inner surfaces painted black. The idea was that by sitting in there and looking into the mirror, one could meditate, contact the spirits, et cetera.

Dogs often think they are seeing other dogs when they look into a mirror, at least they do at first, until they figure out what's going on.

My point is, your question is mostly meaningless until you clarify what you are actually asking about. Whatever people say, you will say "No! You're really seeing THIS!" Different people will answer different things until or unless you explain your point further.

I dont know. i generally see myself, the room behind me, and if i've been toking, lots of little goblins with green pointy hats pulling at my hair and tweeking my ear lobes.

how bout u Truthseeker??? do you see goblins too?

P.S. Space Monkey... how come you got rid of the head light coming out of your forhead today... did you not like the way it looked in the mirror this morning?

Sigh...

This is just a trick. Whatever you say is going to be turned against you, and will inevitably lead to the "proof" that you're not aware or enlightened or whatever. The fact, yes fact, is that a mirror reflects photons. When you look in a mirror, you see your reflection and nothing more. A mirror simply reflects images, there's nothing magic about it and no higher meaning to it. If you believe there is, it is simply a false creation by your own mind.

I see a picture of my grandma-WAIT-that's not the mirror let me look to the side, oh whaddya know I see a picture of myself as I move in real time. Isn't that the funniest thing? Hoo-haaa

as it is

I see many atoms and spinning electrons. Electromagnetical fields and neitrinos (sp) flying through. Protons, photons and quarks.

Hoo-haaa, hoo-haa, k-k-killing time for two more minutes, hoo-haa, k-k-k-k-killing time, hooo....

I see a reflection of a devilishly handsome man, dressed stylishly, and holding keys to a new Dodge Viper...

and then I woke up..

Seriously, I see me. Whats yer point?

-Matt

Invite some more people to answer... :D
I don't know... Tyler, Banshee, sonofbabylon...

Once I reveal my answer I want to listen to others... :D:D:D

I see the must worthless man alive. There you wanted philosophy I gave it, self hatred are all that mirrors incite in me. That and an overwhelming need to do my hair..........

Nothing – someone had turned out the light.

A wall – you didn’t specify the angle.

The car behind me.

The planet Mars – good mirrors make for good telescopes.

A silvery metallic substance.

Glass.

A steamy misty wetness – just had a shower.

Plaque – argh!

Cris – no, that’s just my signature.

I see a two dimensional projection of a three dimensional perception of a dimensionless reality which is by its nature not imaginable except in abstract ways and insofar as it causes the dimensional experience.

Cactus,

I see the must worthless man alive. There you wanted philosophy I gave it, self hatred are all that mirrors incite in me. That and an overwhelming need to do my hair..........

Why do you hate yourself...?

I see an unnatractive, relatively arrogant, powerful, un-motivated man with little hope in life to do anything beyond a job a computer could do. I see someone who has yet to find something besides playing hours upon hours of outdoor hockey that can make him fully happy in life (though, there are other things which are short term answers). I see a failure to my parents.

Tyler, I hear you man. And Truthseeker there are not enough truley redeeming qualities apparent in me to make me more than a waste of space. I have come to accept this however, just the way it is, no "meaning" behind it.

Back