Life Lesson Learned??? WTHell??

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
I just got done reading a full page article in Newsweek abut a guy who was flabbergasted that this kindly elderly couple asked if he wanted to go ahead of them in the checkout line (he had fewer groceries.) He learned a 'life lesson'.
WTHell!? Isn't that standard?? Doesn't everyone do that?

I always do that, if I have a lot of items and someone comes up behind me with 1 or 2 things. I will ask if they want to go ahead.

I always do that, if I have a lot of items and someone comes up behind me with 1 or 2 things. I will ask if they want to go ahead.

I have only had this happen to me once. Usually people are huge assholes and they even go into the express line (15 items or less) With a huge grocery cart so that I have to wait 15 mins to buy my milk and bread....sigh

I have only had this happen to me once. Usually people are huge assholes and they even go into the express line (15 items or less) With a huge grocery cart so that I have to wait 15 mins to buy my milk and bread....sigh

Well I run into those assholes all the time too. But I on the otherhand, am nice :D I even hold doors open for people, God I am a saint lol

People ask ME or even give me a look like I should let them go ahead if they have a few items. I don't care, I let them but I don't impose on people like that. I wait my turn period.

The uncouth thing about americans on the mainland are the ones who huff, puff and give you dirty looks if they feel they have been waiting in line too long as if that's my fault, i want to punch them in line like dominoes. Americans are SOO impatient and rude. Well, except for hawaiians, who are awesome and cool!

I don't even give it a second thought. It was just how I've always seen it done so I thought that's how it always is.

Now, when I'm driving and I get an impatient driver on my ass....well, that's a whole different ball game. Shorty, if you ever wanna know how immature I can truly be, ride my ass on the road. :soapbox:

Well I run into those assholes all the time too. But I on the otherhand, am nice :D I even hold doors open for people, God I am a saint lol

I make them very aware how much I hate them by verbally abusing them the whole time they are in front of me, not directly at them of course but i say things like, " Man I wish people new how to fucking count", or "man it must be nice to be inconsiderate"

I make them very aware how much I hate them by verbally abusing them the whole time they are in front of me, not directly at them of course but i say things like, " Man I wish people new how to fucking count", or "man it must be nice to be inconsiderate"

If you said that behind me, I would go slower, drop my money, ask for a price check, and break out the pennies.

I don't even give it a second thought. It was just how I've always seen it done so I thought that's how it always is.

Now, when I'm driving and I get an impatient driver on my ass....well, that's a whole different ball game. Shorty, if you ever wanna know how immature I can truly be, ride my ass on the road. :soapbox:

oh :eek:

If you said that behind me, I would go slower, drop my money, ask for a price check, and break out the pennies.

I would then point out very loudly that every person behind you hates you and that they all think you are just as inconsiderate as I do. Everyone hates the person who takes advantage of the 15 item line checkers bagger customers, everyone except the person doing it and that person knows everyone hates them thats why they avoid eye contact and dont smile. They know they suck, and if they dont they need to be informed.

I would then point out very loudly that every person behind you hates you and that they all think you are just as inconsiderate as I do. Everyone hates the person who takes advantage of the 15 item line checkers bagger customers, everyone except the person doing it and that person knows everyone hates them thats why they avoid eye contact and dont smile. They know they suck, and if they dont they need to be informed.

hmm, I always thought they hated loud braying jackasses? ;)
And I would be staring straight at that jackass, smiling my ass off.

hmm, I always thought they hated loud braying jackasses? ;)
And I would be staring straight at that jackass, smiling my ass off.

Thats fine because i would be staring at a cold and inconsiderate bitch who has no ability to be politre and follow the rules, so I would have no problem being that impolite jackass, as you basically just gave everyone in line the finger it would be up to me to give it back to you.

Thats fine because i would be staring at a cold and inconsiderate bitch who has no ability to be politre and follow the rules, so I would have no problem being that impolite jackass, as you basically just gave everyone in line the finger it would be up to me to give it back to you.

OH! We were talking about you? Are you that person often? If so, maybe you need to shop at night or use the self scanner line. Life is to short to stress like that, especially over groceries.
sad. :(

Back