Liminocentricity of God.

beyondtimeandspace

Everlasting Student
Registered Senior Member
Let us assume, for the moment, that God exists. That is, that pure movement is a reality.

Is God, then, structured liminocentrically? I believe so. This is based upon the fact that God is said to be infinite, moreover, an actual infinite. Since an actual infinite is identical at all points, which is a quality of liminocentricity, it seems proper to say that the actual infinite is liminocentric.

What would this mean? This would mean that the seeminly contradictory statements such as "God is both infinitely complex and infinitely simple" would make sense. However, for the sake of clarity, let's just say that God is maximally complex and maximally simple. In a liminocentric structure, because ever point is identical, and therefore interchangeable, even the extremities (that is, "polar opposites") are identical and interchangeable. This means that, in the liminocentric, complexity and simplicity become the same thing, and are therefore interchangeable. This then means that God IS both complex and simple, and that one may come to know God through either simplicity or complexity.

Thoughts?

(An article discussing the structure of consciousness as liminocentric http://tap3x.net/EMBTI/j6structures.html )

I thought the only way to know God was if He revealed Himself to you. Or is there some other personal way I'm unaware of?

Liminocentric structures are organized like a series of nested boxes in which the innermost box is, paradoxically, identical to (and indistinguishable from) the outermost box.

See the link I provided for further explanation. It gives diagrams, etc...

beyondtimeandspace said:
Let us assume, for the moment, that God exists. That is, that pure movement is a reality.

Is God, then, structured liminocentrically? I believe so. This is based upon the fact that God is said to be infinite, moreover, an actual infinite. Since an actual infinite is identical at all points, which is a quality of liminocentricity, it seems proper to say that the actual infinite is liminocentric.

What would this mean? This would mean that the seeminly contradictory statements such as "God is both infinitely complex and infinitely simple" would make sense. However, for the sake of clarity, let's just say that God is maximally complex and maximally simple. In a liminocentric structure, because ever point is identical, and therefore interchangeable, even the extremities (that is, "polar opposites") are identical and interchangeable. This means that, in the liminocentric, complexity and simplicity become the same thing, and are therefore interchangeable. This then means that God IS both complex and simple, and that one may come to know God through either simplicity or complexity.

Thoughts?

There are three ways of pursuing Religion. You can follow Divine Revelations and discern the Nature of Divinity by studying the instances of God's Providence. Then there is Spirituality, where you decline waiting to be visited by God and instead effectively storm the Gates of Heaven using various techniques to plunge through the Veil. Finally we have the Greek Way -- to sit around and suppose that God is just another branch of Mathematics.

The Greeks supposed that God consisted in the Absolutes. Nobody could have done the Atheists a greater service, because, in order to say there is no God they only need to point out that there are, actually, no Absolutes. Absolutes, afterall, are imaginary -- convenient concepts which represent the polar extremes of certain mathematical continuums.

The first two methods of discerning Religion have the advantage over the third in that they appreciate God as being Real.

beyondallreason:I've just finished doing a search on google, yahoo, wikipedia, britannia, and dictionary.com, apart from my own collins, and oxford dictionarys, and my encyclopedia, and thesaurus.
and I cant find the word on any meaning for lininocentric, other then the one you posted have you any other source material, so I can verify your one link

leo said:
Absolutes, afterall, are imaginary?-- convenient concepts which represent the polar extremes of certain mathematical continuums.

The first two methods of discerning Religion have the advantage over the third in that they appreciate God as being Real.

your having a laugh leo, been dreaming again.

Absolutes can be formulated and proven, but god is without a doubt imaginary.

The term itself, I believe, was formed by the author of the article. I too could find no definition for the term aside from the one he offers. However, if you consider the two words that make up the term, that is, Liminal and Central, then the meaning of the word becomes clear. Liminal (derived from limit) relates to thresholds. Central relates to midpoints. Liminocentric then describes anything in which tresholds, or extremities, have centralization. Ergo, Liminocentric structures are such that the extremities may be considered as focal points, and identical.

pavlosmarcos said:
your having a laugh leo, been dreaming again.

Absolutes can be formulated and proven, but god is without a doubt imaginary.

Absolutes can be "formulated and proven", but only in your Mathematical Conceptual Imaginary Realm. What do you think it "proves" when you prove something on a chalkboard? Only that your Imaginary Conepts are Consistent with themselves. Not that any of them are Real.

No one has ever been able to point to a Real Absolute.

Absolutes are what Mathematicians believe in with Faith.

leo is this statement absolutely true "No one has ever been able to point to a Real Absolute."

or is this one "The first two methods of discerning Religion have the advantage over the third in that they appreciate God as being Real. "
or perhaps the is no absolute truths, and you and i will live for ever.

audible said:
leo is this statement absolutely true "No one has ever been able to point to a Real Absolute."

or is this one "The first two methods of discerning Religion have the advantage over the third in that they appreciate God as being Real. "
or perhaps the is no absolute truths, and you and i will live for ever.

Ha! You caught me!

It is true mathematically.

As Hume pointed out, since nobody can account for every particular, nothing can be known with certainty.

But every reasonable person, in order to get to work on time, generalizes.

lol, there's a smilie for pot...

ok

as for name roots and 'liminocentricity'
from latin
limino = i illuminate
centrium = art or craft, means/instrument/place

also the roots previously mentioned

so, in my humble opinion, liminocentricity would translate to a means of illumination by art or craft evolving limits and midpoints

beyondtimeandspace said:
Liminocentric structures are organized like a series of nested boxes in which the innermost box is, paradoxically, identical to (and indistinguishable from) the outermost box.

See the link I provided for further explanation. It gives diagrams, etc...

It sounds like you are discribing a fractal structure. Are you suggesting that God is a fractal? I know that fractals are all over nature. Fractals can be taken from things as small as an atom to as large as the Universe. DNA itself is a fractal structure. It is all very interesting.

Back