Merge craterchain posts (with poll)

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Persol, Jan 24, 2004.

?

Should these threads be merged (or partially locked)

Poll closed Feb 7, 2004.
  1. Merge the threads

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Lock one of the threads

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leave the threads alone

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

TOTALLY AGREE! Members should not repeat threads!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. FieryIce Tic Toc, World in Cobalt Blue Registered Senior Member

I am sure any competent person can differentiate between research of the CS vs. Bottke types of chains and a potential of war on Mars, which are both in their proper threads. The other thread is of course pertinent to that topic as well.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

All three are summed up as 'We think these chains are signs of intelligence because we do not know how they form"

The fact that Norval himself sees them as the ame topic should tell you something. Why else would he post his responses to both threads?

8. craterchains (Norval What will you know tomorrow? Registered Senior Member

Oh my, such tactics, I really am impressed by the methodology being used. NOT!
    My assertions about crater chains are properly threaded. It stands as the only other offered theory after thirty-seven years of research by scientists. As our Mars research and war with in our solar system is not a theory, but speculation at this time it was put in the Pseudoscience thread where it properly belongs. The third thread was put in the Religion area because of the obvious biblical references to such a war in “the heavens” to call attention to that potential and possibility. My next thread will probably be to ask the psychology thread people to examine these threads for “profiling” of posters motives, and may end up in the conspiracies thread also.

"Often it's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will get you." Will Rogers

9. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

So, if these are 'properly threaded' then why the almost complete cross-posting between the threads?

Oh my, such tactics, I really am impressed by the methodology being used. NOT!
    Are you going to be a 12 year old boy again?

10. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

At first, I was going to vote for "locking" the pseudoscience thread in the Astronomy section, since merging would create so many duplicate posts, particularly with craterchains and a couple others.

But if you do that, you would have to move or delete the thread, because it's still in the Astronomy section and the crater chains "theory" touted by the OP is strictly pseudoscientific.

Whatever mod gets the task of merging the two, would have to be willing to 1)leave the duplicate posts, or 2)prune them (an option that earlier versions of vBulletin gave upon merging.... dunno about this one).

The thread in the Astronomy forum needs to go. It's bad enough that the kooks have overrun the forum where Pseudoscience is discussed. I suppose there aren't enough kook boards left on the internet to handle their population.

11. craterchains (Norval What will you know tomorrow? Registered Senior Member

Just wanted to say good bye to all the ones I have met here at sciforums. Judging from the responses we have stimulated here at these boards and threads we are certain of one thing. Not everyone here is human. There are those that will, at any cost, try to keep ones from learning about them. Why they are here and what their agenda was and is. Reverse engineering has given us these technologies of computers and much more. It would be shear stupidity to think that “they” wouldn’t be out here on the web. The demons of our religions are the same ET’s that are mutilating our animals and abducting many humans. They have been kicked out of the heavens and if they try to leave they get their ships blown out of the heavens by the victors that are still out there. The deception is over.

Do as you will with our threads and posts.

Good bye, and thanks for all the fish.
    Norval

12. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Oh no, my satainic/alien mastermind is in peril... must deny his existance...

Did I think that or type that? Craterhead's posts must be interfering with my special mind control link to the alternate dimention/rouge planet where the demon/alien master race lives.