Mods-Bad Eggs

Speaking for myself, I like a little levity and sarcastic wit intertwined in a discussion, however, I get so frustrated when a thread is taken over by egos and the subject matter is lost. No matter how one tries to bring the discussion back to the subject at hand, one is ignored and pushed aside, so the offending parties can continue to rant about how wronged they were. I have a proposal that I think might be doable , not really sure, this proposal could eliminate some of the banning's and infractions, as well. Here goes, you know how people use pillow fights to relieve frustration, why not create an ongoing thread (TBA) that can be used to send offending members (only those members/mods and no one else) to resolve their disputes. We could call it The Penalty Box and for first offense you get an hour in the box, second two hours and thereafter, the infraction/ban system takes effect.

Even though I am only commenting on this wee bit of your post, I want to thank you for taking the time to write your very informative post regarding moderation here at sciforums.

That could only work if we could force people to listen to Justin Bieber while in the box..

Although that could be in contravention of human rights laws against torture while in detention.. :(

Cool... Thanks... the way Sciforums is run makes much more sinse now;;; under the above circumstances Sciforums bosses have been doin a bang-up job :bravo:

Cary on :xctd:
You act as if this a major revelation - Sci is a "for profit" organization... Gee, it's almost like you were clueluss or something.

...it would require setting up a new usergroup and moving any such members into that group. The other issue being...

It coud be simplified an made doable... plus it woud increase traffic to the site... an thats a very good thang :)

Jus contact--------------> [cluelusshusbund... master of simplification]

You act as if this a major revelation - Sci is a "for profit" organization... Gee, it's almost like you were clueluss or something.

Thats my name... dont ware it out :p

Back