Mods Gone Wild

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Gustav, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Just rename the thread, then

Not really. It just requires a cosmetic adjustment. It should be called, "Will Gone Wild".

That's the easiest solution, at least.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

ahh, so you are indeed making a claim to be psychic?

moreover, you seem to be implying that you are playing a different language game from many here, in that you are appealing to different rules and/or you are intending words in a sense removed from their ordinary usage.

why would i not have an "unusually vested interest"here?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Because you have just stated you are tired/bored of this, parm. You may want to aim for a little consistency.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

i am being consistent: you have just presented some new and intriguing information, the claim that you are psychic.

tell me Will, how do you know that Doreen and Sarkus have read this thread? prior to this, neither have participated within this thread; in the other thread, neither made the claim to have read the thread--did you just so happen to click on their user profiles when they were "viewing" the thread?

this could be a frutiful endeavor for you, Will--it's called "exercising accountability for one's words."

8. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Because their posts contain references to other statements in this thread, parm. As well, Doreen has just posted in this thread without anybody summoning her to it.

Consistency would be making a position and standing by it parm. Recently you have gone on record as stating that you are bored. Now you asking why you wouldn't be interested. Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Meanwhile, everyone seems to think things are over... except for you. That is because I generalized you into the group of angry kittens. That is what spurred you to write the length posts you did.

9. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

really? can you demonstrate this, because i certainly do not see it?

and Doreen stated that she guessed it was you. you might want to learn how to read.

oh my, i have gone on record as stating that i am bored. and yet, it is not even remotely possible that "new information was presented" which intrigued me, and so i became un-bored, right?

and should you learn to read, you will discover that i quite clearly stated the reasons for my "unusually vested interest" here. i'll repeat such for your benefit:

10. Doreen Valued Senior Member

I already said I read portions of this thread, but I have not read the thread - out of 27, now, maybe 3 or four. The implication of your sense I read the whole thread is not correct. Nor the fact of it either. Once Parmalee started the other thread I came here to the then last page and saw my name as part of some group. The implication seemed to be that I had it out for you. I think I have disagreed with you on some issues in the past. That's the sense I have when I see your name. But not some big charge that would make me invested in getting you in some way. The implication that my interpretation of that sentence was really about something else is a claim to being psychic. You know my motives and you know this skewed my interpretation. Just as the sentence itself is telling Kira something about why she is reacting a certain way or acting a certain way in relation to you.

And as I said in the other thread, I am actually open to people being psychic, but you do seem to make this claim about yourself. The problem with a claim like this is that it is a distraction from whatever the issue is.

11. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

What a way to apologise...you had no issue posting in the name of a whole group on the public board without asking them first, but you're not able to post your apology in this thread where your offence started. Secondly, the way you exclude people, and proceed with the insults even in your apology...really what is your problem? From what I've seen you specifically excluded those who actually posted their disagreement publicly in this thread. Throughout this thread you're talking big about respect, and what not, but most of your posts in this thread are anything but respectful. Lol, yeah, that's right, the values you've put forth in this thread thus far are hardly related to those that the group was supposed to represent. I'd actually go so far as to consider the way you speak of those who publicly disagreed with you in this thread as provocative, and a form of trolling. You're so 'high society' you can't even apologise properly...nooooo, instead of that you go on about calling people trolls and babies...and you still think you're in the right.

I dissented as civilly, calmly as possible, and with as much respect as you've shown to the initial group members. You think you can be rude towards others without expecting something to come back at you, hm? I mean, is that really the way your High Society dream is supposed to look like?
    It took you more than a week to actually admit that what you did was a mistake, and to realise that not everybody likes it when someone else makes it his job to talk on their behalf, especially if he does it without consulting them first. Actually, no, you apparently didn't realise this at all, because obviously you only apologised to those who either agreed with you in this thread, or/and sent you a PM full of praise, or who didn't say anything at all.

Either way, since you were so quick in making unsubstantiated claims about my motives, you surely won't have a problem if I post my opinion about what your motives were, right?
    Well, you know what I think? I think that you used S.A.M.'s 'hardships' with the administration as a medium to get more people to hop on your bandwagon to go on yet an other tirade against the administration because of your own personal dissatisfaction with how you were being treated by the mods, or admins on here. You're not noble enough to be here just to defend S.A.M.'s case. I think that the whole reason why you stirred this shit up is not because you had the noble urge to help poor S.A.M. who was allegedly being mistreated due to her Muslim background(yeah right.

), but because of your poor self that apparently wasn't treated fairly enough by the staff, and to get more support in your 'noble' war against the staff you involved S.A.M.. I guess as long as you involve S.A.M.'s 'ordeal' you can always find someone who'll 'agree' with what you had to say. All for your own personal gain(whatever that may be).

Other than that, I think I'll just simply move on, and put you on ignore...(once I've figured out how to do that). There really isn't any need for me to see any more of the dishonesty, and trolling of someone who can't even apologise properly.

12. WillNever Valued Senior Member

I have apologized adequately and accurately to those who deserved an apology, psycho. That does not include people who freak out, post lengthy rants, or try to to harm others by posting private messages. If you fall into that group of people, that may be why you are no longer worthy of an apology.

13. Gustav Banned Banned

what the fuck is going on, hillyer?

14. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Oh Lordy!

15. WillNever Valued Senior Member

I don't know, Hillyer. Perhaps you should try making a username similar to your last one. You might even be allowed back.

16. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Okay, last thing I'll have to say about the PM thing. So, WillNever, how do you know what my intentions were when I posted that PM? I mean, obviously, you've had no issue posting a private message from Lucysnow in this thread, so why should it be an issue for you if I post the message you've sent me concerning the issue at hand? Double standards much? Oh la la.

The only intent I've had when I posted this PM, was to show how INNOCENT this whole thing looked to me, which it really did at that point. There seemed to be no obligations involved, there was no hint that you've posted on behalf of all the group members (I've already explained why I didn't even bother to check out this thread until later)...basically it actually served as an addition to my earlier post, and I wanted to know if other members received the same thing.
    Those are very ill-meant intentions, hope your reputation didn't get flushed down the toilet because of your guiltless PM that I was so unkind to publicise /sarcasm

Oh and yeah, naturally, if anyone actually read the posts here..they can see that WillNever insulted me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before I even posted that PM. He called me a sheeple, and some other not very charming terms right after I posted my dissent which, btw, was pretty much standard - nothing evil, nothing insulting about it. But I guess that's the kind of reaction you get from someone who is a self-proclaimed representant of 'high society' values.

17. WillNever Valued Senior Member

That was included in the quotation. The question is are these two expressions equivalent in meaning:

"an asian person"
    "an asian person who feels offended on the basis of her (fruitcake) religion and ethnicity"

Until that portion of the statement, the two quotations are exactly the same. So the only question is whether these two portions, which differ in their contents, are also the same in meaning. (Obviously, they are not.)

Note: I only add fruitcake in parentheses because it does nothing to change the two being different. However, because I edited it, that is obviously no longer the statement I am operating by.

18. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

is there a point here?

what exactly do the statements above have to do with anything? they bear absolutely no resemblance to you original statement.

19. WillNever Valued Senior Member

In fact they are derived directly from that original statement. If they bore "absolutely no resemblance," they wouldn't contain any of the same words.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  20. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

ok, they share some words--but the meaning obviously differs enormously.

your point?

here's a statement:

there are no cats.

so if one says, "there are cats," the two statements would bear a strong resemblance because the second is derived from the first and it shares most of the same words? your logic here is exemplary.

21. WillNever Valued Senior Member

parmalee seems to be annoyed that the quotations have been truncated for more intelligible interpretation, despite him having done the same thing to the exact same quotations earlier in this thread. For that reason, and to enhance the message I am getting across, we will use exactly the same expressions as they were stated earlier.

"an asian person"
    "an asian person who I have previously offended on the basis of your fruitcake religion and ethnicity."

The question is: Are these two expressions different in any way whatsoever..? Does one contain more information than the other..? Does one contain words that the other does not..? Does one carry with it additional meaning that the other does not possess..? Or instead do you believe that they are "the exact same." Try looking at these two expressions solely within the context of this post only, since only this segment was the expression which was originally quoted incompletely. After answering these questions solely within the context of this post only, explain you reasoning for your answers.

22. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

i am honestly having difficulty believing that you are in fact this stupid.

so far, plenty of people have pointed out what your expression means--and it's meaning is contingent upon this part, "due to your state of being an asian person." that you offended her on the basis of her fruitcake religion and ethnicity is not consequential here.

why don't you find someone--you know, one of the many who PM'd you with their "congratulations and gratitude"--who can explain your statement for you in intelligible terms.

edit: what i mean by that last bit is, why don't you invite one of your supporters to explain within this thread what is meant by your statement, and how my abbreviated form significantly alters what you conveyed.

23. WillNever Valued Senior Member

No amount of hivespeak is relevant here.

There is no period after "asian person" in my original quotation. Therefore, your response does not apply to my post. I have posted a list of questions relating to the comparison between two expressions, solely within the context of that post. You did not answer them. Instead, you are bringing in a different portion of the quotation that is the unchanged between those two expressions, which does not address the two portions of the quotation that are changed yet stated to be "the same."

Therefore, your response is irrelevant. It is therefore dismissed. Surely it is not hard for you to answer the questions.

However, I know why you don't want to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.