Most Americans say abortion should be legal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by James R, Feb 3, 2024.

?

In your opinion, should abortion be legal?

This poll will close on Dec 3, 2024 at 7:41 AM.
  1. Yes. Legal in all circumstances.

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Yes. Legal in most circumstances.

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  3. Yes. Legal in only a few circumstances.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Unsure / no opinion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I do not want to participate in this poll. Just show me the results.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

cluelusshusbund:

You seem to be retreading the same ground for a second time. I have already answered all your questions. Maybe try reading some of the replies I have posted to other people, too.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pinball1970 Registered Senior Member

That should not happen and it did not happen. Of course my opinion mattered, I was and still am the father.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. foghorn Valued Senior Member

One day before the expected birth of a baby, its mother decides to abort the baby, and because it is her decision the termination is undertaken.
    If the baby had been born naturally the next day, and the mother now decides to murder, there and then, the just born baby would you call the mother a murderer because the baby was born?
    This is what you agree with?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

No need... you’r “answer” is… an has been obvious from the get-go

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The question i asked:::

"If she chooses to have a discussion wit you an at some pont says... "mind your own god damn business" ... woud you accept that you'r opinion mattered little... that the final decision about abortion is up to her.?"

Was based on the hypothetical you gave:::

Pinball1970 --- "If they did not know me from Adam then they could always say, "mind your own god damn business. If it is a woman I am in a relationship with, she would not say that. If that is something she would say, then that is a person I would not be in a relationship with."

So to answr the queston i asked... do you agree… or not… that the final decision about abortion shoud be up to the pregnant woman.???

Abortin a Fetus woud not be murder... killin a baby woud be murder.!!!

James R wont give a strate answr… but how about you… what restriction woud you put in place as to how late a woman coud choose to abort a healthy fetus.???

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Cool how angry people here get when everyone agrees. It would make for a fascinating sociological study.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I DISAGREE 100 %

billvon likes this.
  10. Pinball1970 Registered Senior Member

I have answered that. My opinion DID matter that is the whole point. It mattered because we were in a relationship and I was the father.

It was not hypothetical it happened the way I said it.

She let me know and I went with it. My whole point was that there was a discussion. Be it short and we were not unusual.

11. foghorn Valued Senior Member

One day it’s a fetus, the very next day the fetus is born and becomes a baby and is killed by the mother there and then. One day it’s legal and the very next day, once born, it’s murder.
    You are okay with that, because it was the mother’s decision to kill the fetus and not wait to kill the baby the next day.
    Me... Assuming one day before expected birth date...
    At such a late stage, full term all but one day, I think the mother should be given advice as to the future welfare of the 'fetus' if that fetus is appearing 100% healthy on instruments.
    I’m only trying to make sense of your position, given that you don’t seem to want others advising the woman on what to do at such a late date.
    PS. I sort of surprised at the votes staying the same for so long... I'm really suspecting socks would be called into 'action' here.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  12. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

The extreme position i took is to help draw out what restrictions on abortion others thank shoud be in place.!!!

Personaly… i druther ther be no restrictions… other than what the pregnant woman may choose for herself… ie… none of my bidness.!!!

As far as given advice… i thank the woman should have the right to listen to opinions of others… or not.!!!

I thank the poll vote is now 8 to 3… an i coudnt care less if any of the 8 are socks or not… meh

13. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Ok... so the part of you'r post that i "bolded" is not hypothetical.!!!

Wow... you must have been devastated when you'r wife told you to "mind your own god damn business."

Anyhow... i dont care how long you'r conversation wit you'r wife was... how unusual it may or may not have been an i dont care what decision the 2 of you came up wit... but when all is said an done... i thank the final decision shoud always be up to the woman... do you.???

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Is there some particular moment in foetal development at which the foetus becomes a baby?

When is that?

15. Pinball1970 Registered Senior Member

Not that part.

16. Pinball1970 Registered Senior Member

Post 65, explains it.

17. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Bye, Felicia

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
  18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Yeah i know... a miscommunication... no explanations needed

My queston still stands... do you agree wit me that the final decision shoud always be up to the woman.???

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Oh, interesting that you want to bug out at the point in the conversation where you have to commit to a silly position on the matter you raised, or else admit that it was a silly point you were making in the first place.

It says something about you when you won't be honest, you know. In this case, it suggests that you weren't posting in good faith.

Is called me "Felicia" supposed to be an insult or something? Don't you think it's a bit childish to run away while calling names, because you don't want to answer a question?

20. Pinball1970 Registered Senior Member

I answered that too.

21. Pinball1970 Registered Senior Member

Yes, again post 65 where I mention bodily autonomy, that explains it.

I hope I also explained my objection to the part of the whole debate that crops up a lot.

22. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

So far what i got is:::

The farthers opinion is very important... but the woman shoud have the final say whether to abort or not.!!!
    Let me know if any of that is wrong.!!!

23. Pinball1970 Registered Senior Member

Correct. Hopefully you caught the other aspects of my arguments.

cluelusshusbund likes this.