Movie recommends

skaught

The field its covered in blood
Valued Senior Member
I'm bored out of my ass and need some killer movie recommends. I'll give a list of some of my favs already, and if you have seen any of them and think I would like others, then let me know. Or just tell me what some of your favs are.

Apocalypse Now,
Boondock Saints,
Brazil,
Brothers Quay Collection,
Caligula,
Children of Men,
Clockwork Orange,
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon,
Dr. Strangelove,
Donnie Darko,
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas,
Gummo,
Hellraiser series,
Kids,
LOTR,
Orphans,
Pans Labyrinth,
Pi,
Pirates of The Caribbean,
Pulp Fiction,
Russian Ark,
Sleeping Dogs Lie,
Snatch,
The Big Lebowski,
The Matrix,

Sixth Sense, Fifth Element, Last Tango In Paris, Irreversible, Se7en, Heat of the Night, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, The Lion King

Dead Wiki link on Tideland, but I am just about to sit down and watch The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen.

Seen all of them except Last Tango, which I have on my HD, Irreversible, Heat of the night, And I uhhh, can't fucking stand those disney pixar pieces of shit. But I'll take the others into consideration. Thanks Orleander

Dressed to Kill, Alien, Bang the Drum Slowly, Apollo 13, Chicken Run (yeah, I know), Usual Suspects (AWESOME movie!), The Big Red One, Empire of the Sun, Blue Velvet, Boogie Nights, Glory, Memphis Belle, Brother's Keeper (a documentary), Cool Hand Luke, Dirty Dozen, Kelly's Heroes, Donnie Brasco, The last Emperor, House of Flying Daggers

"Fall"
"Hitchhikers' Guide to The Galaxy"
"Sunshine"
"12 Monkeys"
"Mission to Mars 2"
"Odyssey 2001"
"Ran" (jap.)
"Sonatine" (jap.)

2001 A Space Odyssey

The Hustler (original)

Bonnie and Clyde

The Forbidden Planet

Pleasntville

The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean

Slap Shot

Network

Videodrome

The Mouse That Roared

Grand Prix

Somewhere in Time

The Hunt For Red October

Shrek

Dirty Harry

Vanishing Point

This Planet Earth

The Day The Earth Stood Still

The Giood The Bad The Ugly

The Magnificent 7

The Guns Of Naverone

A Shot In The Dark

The Abyss

Fahrenheit 451

Dr. Stranglove

The Sting

From Here To Eternity

To Hell and Back

Animal House

Bullet

Brazil

Last edited:
Ok, I've got lots of them going. Lets get some more:

I like dark movies in particular. I also like fantasy and to a lesser degree Sci-Fi. Not a big fan of comedy, at least no most comedies. I did like The Big Lebowski, and Fear and Loathing. I also liked Snatch... So those kinds of comedies are ok.

You've seen Pulp Fiction, what about Reservoir Dogs? Great film. Another one that Tarantino wrote but didn't direct is True Romance.

An interesting, low-budget sci fi film about time travel is Primer. It really sticks to the science and may require more than one viewing to really understand it.

For comedy, ever see Fast Times at Ridgemont High? How about Old School? Uncle Buck? Planes, Trains, and Automobiles? Tommy Boy?

Layer Cake , Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Same type of thing as snatch.

Revolver, Dark City, Memento.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I've got lots of them going. Lets get some more:

I like dark movies in particular. I also like fantasy and to a lesser degree Sci-Fi. Not a big fan of comedy, at least no most comedies. I did like The Big Lebowski, and Fear and Loathing. I also liked Snatch... So those kinds of comedies are ok.

OK, my eclectic mix for you:
The Shawshank Redemption
Once upon a time in America
The 13th floor
And the band played on
Outbreak
Identity
Tombstone
Good Will Hunting
Shrek
The Princess Bride
Gattaca
The Notebook
Out of Sight
Galaxy Quest
Without a Paddle
Sideways
Bullm Durham
Remember the Titans
Ace Ventura
Dark City
The Right Stuff
Gross Point Blank
The Exorcist

Gummo.
It's not exciting, scary or funny. It's just odd.
I recommend it because it is very unusual, and I felt fulfilled after I watched it.

I am Legend, I robot, MIB, the usual ones that aren't good movies in a lasting sense, but enjoyable enough if you're bored.

I am Legend, I robot, MIB, the usual ones that aren't good movies in a lasting sense, but enjoyable enough if you're bored.

I thought I Am Legend was a waste of time, I gave up on I robot half way through, MIB was alright.

I couldn't stand I am Legend. Gummo was oe of the best movies I have ever seen. All the other movies by Harmony Korine weren't as good though. Ken Park was a serious let down. Because of that piece of crap, I opted to not see any moe of his movies, unless a lot of people tell me it is really good.

Back