Nigger! or not...

Connotation is not definition. Guessing what people imply or infer causes confusion, at best.
A word can be derogatory only if its definition allows for it.
Call me gumdrop or burmolne all day long for years & you only show how foolish you are not how derogatory you can be. Anyone being seriously disturbed by such (other than the harassment aspect of the proposed scenario), is even more foolish.
People being so upset over this & reacting violently to it is tragicly absurd, accomplishes nothing yet makes a bad situation worse.
Call me nigger (or any of similiar nondefined utterances) all day long for years & you only show how foolish you are not how derogatory you can be.

actually.. in the English language connotation is the widely excepted definition of a word.. look it up.. are you saying that nigger isn't derogatory because whoever it was that first thought of the word didn't make it so?..

So, when I call someone a pseudo-intellectual piece of shit, that person can't get mad. It's not derogatory. The WORDS aren't derogatory. I see how this works.

You know PRECISELY why it's racist. The word cunt comes from cune/queen, but it's sexist because it's used to degrade women, regardless of archaic meaning. If the dog's name was Cunt, I would object.
I say that's silly. What the hell, rap songs are full of the word nigger. If the dog and code were nigger, leave it as nigger. Big fuckin' deal. Anyone so thin skinned as to get worked up over the historically accurate name of a character in a movie really needs to get a life.

Didn't they change it in the american version to trigger? The commentary on Pink Floyd's movie the wall said that everyone got confused when they talked about it cuz it was also the name of will rogers's horse.

they were all confused why someone ran over the damned horse in the middle of a war movie with no relation.

If you want the movie to be 100% historically accurate.. keep dreaming its never going to happen.. so why not change one word.. like someone already said on here why not blacky?.. yes it is wrong that entertainment allows the use of a word that is so cruel and derogatory.. it is simply just as racist for black people to use it as whites.. as a person of mixed race (including african) i think that it shouldnt be said period.. just like spic and whoap.. and redskin.. and no it would kill anyone if this movie allowed it.. but all of the people out there that think its BS that the word can be said by black people and not white people should stop and think.. if you want it to change then why not make it so no one can say it.. dont put it in the movie and show everyone how it isn't an exceptable word PERIOD.. no one should use it.

Back