Non - linear time beginning from 2001 in Quito, Ecuador?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Dennis Tate, Apr 14, 2021.

?

If the Creator is ultimately a Scientist would the Creator tend to be Universalist?

1. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. That is a rather intriguing idea I have to admit?????

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I could be wrong but I have ran into what I consider to be a lot of evidence over the past thirty or so years that has me thinking that time is not limited to being one straight line but instead branches and branches and branches.........
    somewhat like Multiverse Theory........
    and what is in my mind would be termed Theistic Multiverse Theory or even Applied Multiverse Theory, (applied by The G-d of Abraham who I believe EVOLVED over infinite time in the past)...... but I admit it.... .I am biased due to the number of times that I read and re-read the Christian and Jewish scriptures since I was a teenager.

I taught English as a Second Language in Quito, Ecuador from 2001 into 2002 and I admit it......
    much of what I write links to my subconscious desire to grab the attention of English language students and increase their level of motivation to increase their vocabulary and actively practice English.

Philosophically I am rather rabidly "Universalist" so my reasoning is that the most ancient Intelligence is off the scale emotionally involved in the success of all of His / Her creations....... no matter what level of energy they happen to be primarily vibrating at?????

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

What I have in my mind at this time could potentially be linked as a challenge to all of the Moderators here at Sciforums.... but also to all of the posters here as well and it could fit with this other discussion that I began over here:

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/proposal-for-creation-of-sciforums-volunteerism-hour.164213/
    "Proposal for creation of Sciforums Volunteerism Hour."

Now I am going to send off the link to this discussion to one of the moderators to ask if what I have in mind is appropriate for Sciforums or not????

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sculptor Valued Senior Member

While my son was a peace corps volunteer in Ecuador:
    I found myself standing atop a mountain north of Quito hurtling toward the east at over 1000 miles per hour
    with no sensation of motion

It seems that one feels acceleration rather than motion

Dennis Tate likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I believe that my wife could be termed a "Pentecostal Prophetess" or "Charismatic Catholic Prophetess"......
    either designation would work fine in my opinion.

I first wrote to my wife on August 8, 2000 through a Christian dating website and somehow she was shown
    by Jesus... that I was going to be her husband and that she should fast and pray for me. When my wife began to
    really pray for me powerfully I felt as if a whole new level of Shalom or peace of mind had hit me.... that was
    radically better than where I had been at psychologically since 1990.

To give you a strange..... (and I think really funny), example of the type of messages that my wife gets.....
    as my future wife was planning for my landing in Quito, Ecuador on January 12, 2001 she checked out
    the local newspaper and found that two Seventh Day Adventist women wanted a room mate to split the rent with.....
    my wife went so far as to contact them.. .and then somehow....... (I am not one hundred percent sure how)... Jesus somehow
    told her.... "Don't put him in there......... he is only human!"

In retrospect both my wife and I laugh rather often about that message that she got about that possibility that she was facing!

8. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Wow!!!!

You have really got my attention with that comment. Could you please explain further?

9. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

To give you an idea of how I personally think.....
    I live in the old stomping grounds of Dr. Moses Coady:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_Coady

The relationship between the poll question that I included with this discussion is that I am of the belief that Eventual Universal Salvation......
    that is a largely Philosophical Question has a possible link over to a somewhat similar idea being applied in job creation..... universal and free health care...... full employment and even a brilliantly financed Universal Basic Minimum Income!

My belief is that Dr. Moses Coady...... because he was personally Roman Catholic ....
    had a tendency to take his ideas of "Hope for the Dead" that his belief in some form of "Purgatory" would tend to
    generate........ and he concluded that there was also Hope for the economically nearly dead.......
    the very poor residents of Nova Scotia of one century ago.

I am of the belief that our ideas on philosophy or theology, (or the lack thereof).......
    have at least something of an effect on our feelings toward economics, politics, world events and history. I find it rather intriguing that my own belief in Eventual Universal Salvation philosophically tends to significantly mirror my beliefs on economics and politics.

10. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

What I am about to write may cause you to think of me as an idiot.....
    but that is OK.... that is entirely your choice.

Similar to the people who report having some sort of otherworldly experience and claim to have seen some aspects of the future.....
    I suspect that Matthew chapter four indicates that Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus may have hade at least an out of the body experience.....
    if not a full fledged near death experience ..... and he may have glimpsed many aspects of at least some variations on our time period........
    as well as our next thousand years?????

Luke 23:31
    "For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?"

I believe that this statement indicates that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus was predicting some aspects of a general "Global Warming" trend a bit like
    Dr. James Hansen has done over the past several decades.

I believe that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus was comparing our near future with the time period of the siege of Jerusalem of seventy C. E. ......
    and I think that he meant that in some ways our future...... or the future for our grandchildren...... or great grandchildren....
    might perhaps in some ways be even worse than the events surrounding the siege of Jerusalem and / or Capernaum by the Roman Armies.

Historian Josephus wrote some amazing details of how rough events were at that time.

Doom of Capernaum Fall of Galilee in 67 AD

Matthew 11:23
    "And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day."

Although our time period is somewhat like Sodom and Gomorrah..... we have the freedom of choice to set in motion a vastly better future than the people of Capernaum set in motion by their choices and ways of thinking.

11. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I've been in correspondence with Latter day Saints since 2018 and I believe that
    they are in a unique position to significantly decrease the level of hostility in the Middle East
    due to their tendency to identify with the Lost Tribes of Israel which put them in a special position
    to perhaps be willing to trade homes with Palestinians living in the West Bank or perhaps with Muslims living in
    any part of Israel who might be willing to
    move to wherever a particular LDS family happened to be living?

Latter day Saints already have an agreement with the Jewish Rabbi's in Israel to not proselytize to Jews
    but..... Latter day Saints may even be willing to join in some variation of the Noahide Movement that
    is like a Jewish outreach to the Gentile world.

A near death experiencer in 1992 was given a series of visions related to bringing peace to the Middle East that
    would have obvious "artistic value" that can be transformed into "educational value, diplomatic value and yes economic value" in
    the form of reality film projects where Latter day Saints end up living in Israel......
    having traded places with an Israeli family who would prefer to live wherever those Latter day Saints happened to have their home.

Now we are in a position to even liven things up further if the Latter day Saints could make an agreement with the nation of China to
    pay a ransom for Uighur Muslims who perhaps become students at BYU in Jerusalem, or at any BYU campus.

It is obvious that the nation of China sure does not want Uighur Muslims living in their nation so this presents a special
    opportunity to set in motion something that could alter the formula in the Middle East because...... if the LDS had an agreement that
    rescued thousand and soon tens of thousands and soon hundreds of thousands of Uighur Muslims and moved them out of China.....
    I suspect that Uighur Muslims who have been saved from a modern Holocaust would tend to be very difficult to convince to
    become "suicide bombers" due to their level of thankfulness for their new nation that may accept them?

For the record I personally could not catch onto the logic for "God's Peace Plan for the Holy Land" until I read "Way of Holiness and the Sacred Hoop"
    by the same near death experiencer.

http://godspeaceplan.org/books-download-page/
    It has been estimated that the Latter day Saints church could come up with a hundred billion dollars if they had to
    and I believe that they would be open to a variation of Theistic Evolutionary Theory that would tend to lay a foundation
    for the idea that perhaps each human life has something like infinite value to a Creator composed of fundamental or nearly
    fundamental energy who was "evolving" and learning over infinite time even before the last major Big Bang type event.
    Investing in saving human lives through some variation of "art" could potentially transform and boost the world economy
    out of this COVID 19 economic slump that fits with the two factors needed for a time of hyperinflation.
    1. print extra money
    2. DRAMATICALLY REDUCE PRODUCTIVITY

This is a basic idea that Agnostics, Atheists, Latter day Saints, Jews, Muslims and many other people all over the world could potentially cooperate to some degree on. I have in mind a new genre of film entitled "semi-reality science fiction" that deals with the predictions of the Jewish, Christian, Muslim and other prophecies for the latter days or last hour that........ create acting jobs and address some of the circumstances that might tend to produce WWIII.

Here is an ancient Islamic prediction that I believe Agnostics, Atheists, Muslims, Jews, Christians and many other people could cooperate on:

In theory film footage that actually saves lives and makes the world a somewhat better and safer place for everybody could play the role of metaphorical "gold" in backing up an increase in the supply of "money" in one form or another.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  12. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I have in mind to attempt to convince the Latter day Saints to build another BYU in Quito, Ecuador..... or at least near Quito!

I do believe that a percentage of the faculty and student body of Brigham Young University at all of their various campuses would tend to see significant value in the writings and illustrations of Chaim Henry Tejman M.D. on Wave Theory.

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Please present your best two or three pieces of evidence that point to that conclusion.

What has that got to do with non-linear time? Can we stick to one topic at a time, please?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  14. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Can the "tree of life" have an associated "tree of time-lines".

Can we say that within the greater universal spacetime new individual time-lines emerge along with the birth of new patterns?

If time is a fluid medium subject to relativity, can we say there are several time variable time frames?

Is time the same for a photon as for a slug or a mayfly?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Let's be clear about what we're trying to discuss here. For a start, can somebody please define the term "time line"?

I don't know. Can we? What's an "individual time line", and can the "individual" concerned ever have more than one of them?
    I don't know what you mean by time being a medium.

Certainly, it is possible to use different time variables in different reference frames. That's kind of the point of relativity. Time is not fixed. Spacetime and the events that occur in it are, according to relativity.
    Is time the same in what way?

16. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://nicolas.kruchten.com/content/2015/08/family-trees/
    According to relativity an individual can.

I prefer to think that subjectively each event that has a beginning and and end has an associated timeline for the duration of its existence. You may be more familiar with the terms "worldline", "wordsheet", "worldvolume", which addresses the durational aspect of dimensional space.

If the Universal timeline began with the beginning of the Universe, then it stands to reason that your timeline began with your birth (age=0)
    Well the easy answer is that Time is a dimension., a measurable quantity.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time
    IOW, time is a fluid but unidirectional medium.
    Wiki.
    A subjective experience?

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  17. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

science has already proven that time is non linear, TWICE !
    • 1st time with atomic clocks & high altitude air travel
    • 2nd with gravitational lenseing

Dennis Tate likes this.
  18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

How?
    Technically, in relativity, the word "event" refers to a single set of coordinates in spacetime. That is, an event has no beginning or end; it's just a single point that happens at a particular place at a particular time. In that sense, your life is a complicated series of connected spacetime events.

Yes. It sounds like your word "timeline" is closest to relativity's "worldline".

This is where precise definitions start to become important. The entire universe is made up of a huge number of individual particles, all of which have their own worldlines. We can't speak of a "universal worldline". The universe as a whole doesn't have a single worldline.

That's a different idea from it being a medium.
    Again, I can't tell what you mean by that. Your definitions seem muddled.
    I think that, as a first step, you need to settle for yourself the question of whether time is a quantity, a medium, or an experience. It can't be all of those things, because those things are all different from one another.

19. Write4U Valued Senior Member

How old are you? That's your individual time line (world line)
    Yes, that is one of the definitions. Another definition is a "sports event" that has a time line (world line) of 2 or 3 hours (plus overtime in case of a tie). Or any event that has an extended duration.
    Yes, and the term timeline is used by other people describing individual chronologies.

Chronology
    I agree with the first part, but the Universe has a defined timeline (world line) of 13.8 billion years. Anything which can be associated with a duration of existence has a timeline (worldline)
    Ok, I agree, if you will. But one can also argue that spacetime is not a fabric. Yet we use the term because it symbolizes a flexible sheet. I use the term medium in the same context as the term fabric.

I am not proposing anything new. I am using conversational terms to address known science.

What happens to the fabric of space-time when an object moves through it near the speed of light?
    [quote[First of all, space-time is not a fabric. Space and time are not tangible 'things' in the same way that water and air are. It is incorrect to think of them as a 'medium' at all. [/quote]
    https://einstein.stanford.edu/content/relativity/q909.html#

So, what would you call it, without needing half a page to give a full description of spacetime ?
    I appreciate your insistence on the precise scientific terms, but I am sure you understand what I am saying when using these conversational shorthand terms. (p.s. what is shorthand, a person with little hands?)

Shorthand.
    I agree, but you know my personal perspective of time; "Time is an emergent property of measurement of duration", IOW time is not a dimension at all, except as an emergent product of duration of change or existence. I was using the term in context of a variable individual measurement of duration, an individual worldline , including any object with a durable existence, except for the worldline of the universe itself which has a timeline of 13.8 billion years. I don't see how that can be confusing. If I were to use the terms "worldvolume" of 13.8 billion years, that would be confusing.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Dennis Tate likes this.
  20. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

The summary of the book that Helen Wambach Ph. d. and Dr. Chet Snow collaborated on was rather impressive to me.

https://www.baproducts.com/chetmap.htm

Here is a one page summary of her book that also summarizes her collaboration with Dr. Chet Snow.
    The last four paragraphs summarize her work with Dr. Chet Snow on what they got when they progressed people into
    visions of the future.

I would like to think that this all means that humanity made better decisions and we are now living in a much more
    peaceful world than the one that Helen Wambach Ph. D. and Dr. Chet Snow put people into from their research in the 1980's.

http://www.carolmoore.net/articles/helenwambach.html

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Dennis:

Nothing happened between 1998 and 2012 to make the map of the United States look like the map in your previous post.

Does that concern you at all? Does it do anything to shake your faith in Dr Chet Snow?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  22. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

If a badly planned Carbon Tax had been put into effect after the year 2000 it could have led to the negation of the Global Dimming Effect which could have led to rapid warming and cracking and sliding of ice off the land based Greenland Ice Pack.

23. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

The ash and soot and dust from industry are thought to increase Global Dimming.....
    which slows down a general global warming trend.

If USA politics had not gone the way that it did in our time line rapid melting could have been the result.

I know that Mr. Al Gore meant well with his ideas in An Inconvenient Truth but.... the type of carbon tax he was proposing could have been dangerous for the land based Greenland Ice Pack.