Presidential predictions for 2024?

At what point do "campaign contributions" become bribes?
We may find out if this has crossed the line, as he's now being investigated by the Senate Budget Committee, although what teeth they have, and whether anything will come of it, at least before the election, who knows. I, for one, hope that America don't vote for someone that is willing to sell their energy policy just to put him in power.

That's what politicians do. It's either selling themselves to the oil companies or the unions, promising to screw the rich in favor of the poor or the debt in favor of freebies.

"I promise to provide XXX and your taxes won't go up, that other group will pay for all of it. Vote for me."

That's what politicians do. It's either selling themselves to the oil companies or the unions, promising to screw the rich in favor of the poor or the debt in favor of freebies.

"I promise to provide XXX and your taxes won't go up, that other group will pay for all of it. Vote for me."
That is somewhat different to "Pay me $1 bn and I'll enact whatever Executive orders you want". ;)

That is somewhat different to "Pay me $1 bn and I'll enact whatever Executive orders you want". ;)
Or more precisely "pay me $1B and I will repeal these specific Biden-era orders that you want repealed." He had apparently put some thought into the bribe he wanted.

Or more precisely "pay me $1B and I will repeal these specific Biden-era orders that you want repealed." He had apparently put some thought into the bribe he wanted.
Haven't they (Big Oil) also drafted some Executive orders for him, though?

Back