Presidential predictions for 2024?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Seattle, Dec 10, 2022.

1. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I just watched Home Alone 2: Lost in New York for the umpteenth time last night and I noticed for the first time that Donald Trump is in it. Apparently, Macaulay Culkin is lobbying to have him cut out.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

do you know why hes in it?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Apparently he owned the Plaza Hotel at the time and he wouldn't let them film there unless he was in the movie.

pjdude1219 likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yep that was his standard demand if a trump building was in a movie so had to be trump

8. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I think the most interesting scenario would be for Biden not to run, Harris would run and it would be interesting, to me, if Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer beat her in the primary and because the Democratic nominee.

It would also me interesting, to me, if New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu managed to win the Republican primary. Maybe Trump and DeSantis split the crazy vote and Sununu actually gets the nomination.

With the choice being Whitmer or Sununu, I'd be OK with either one.

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I was thinking to post the Dynasty theme, but not only is it an awful song, it's probably too obscure a reference.

10. Seattle Valued Senior Member

It's still probably the best of the available choices out there.

11. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

Biden quote
    Doesnt matter who votes,whats important is who counts the votes/ quote

Translation
    Deep state runs the show and your voice doesnt mean sht.
    Oligarchs rule and democracy is just fancy word to fool the simpletons.

Tramp doesnt have a chance in hell. Biden will get replaced by VP. Gigling clown.

We broke up Soviet union way back then,seems like karma is coming home

https://www.rt.com/news/572611-texas-independence-exploration-bill/

Future looks bleak

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

Nope. He didn't say that.

Biden: "The struggle’s no longer just who gets to vote. It’s about who gets to count the vote.”

And he's right. If republicans count the votes, they will cheat. Trump demanded that the Georgia governor "find" 11,780 votes for him after he lost the election, so he could defraud Georgia voters and declare himself the winner. Do enough of that, and you live in a dictatorship, not a democracy. And time and time again we see republican politicians cheating by voting multiple times, voting in homes they don't live in etc.

So yes, it matters. You need honest people counting votes.

candy likes this.
  13. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Trump is signalling that he'll run as an independent if he loses the Republican nomination.
    Assuming he isn't in prison, and assuming he doesn't get the nomination, what will happen to the Republican party?

I watched Jessie Dolamore explain the "loser law" that six states have on their books, with a combined 91 electoral college votes; it might violate the Constitution because . . . (I really don't know).

14. Seattle Valued Senior Member

The conventional wisdom, I think, is DeSantis for the Republican nomination. It would be a lot more interesting if they could do a bit better than that. Biden is doing everything he can to turn off the moderate Democratic voter (IMO) so a moderate Republican should have a great chance of winning in 2024.

If it's Trump vs Biden again...who cares?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Biden just released his budget. It's clueless on economic issues. I think he has got to go.

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

The republican party is currently treating Trump like a suicide bomber. Saying whatever they have to say so he doesn't destroy himself and everyone in his party.

Many of us predicted this six years ago.

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

scorpius:

I'm interested in your position on a few things, seeing as you now have a MAGA hat as your avatar and you're talking nonsense about the "deep state" and such.

1. Do you believe that Biden stole the last Presidental election and that, in fact, if the votes had been counted fairly, they would have shown that Trump actually won?
    2. Would you like to see Trump as the Republican nominee for 2024?
    3. Do you think Trump was a good President?
    4. Do you believe that Trump is an honest man?
    5. Who would you like to vote for, for President, if Trump isn't the Republican nominee?

That's probably enough, for starters.
    How do you respond to post #49 above?
    Is that the translation, though? What do you think about billvon's interpretation?

What evidence have you seen for the existence of a "deep state"? What is it, exactly? Who gives you information about this super-secret "deep state", and how do you know their information is reliable?

It sounds like you don't consider yourself a "simpleton". Is that because you think you have special access to knowledge about the hidden workings of government and the deep state? Or is it more that you think that simpletons believe false propaganda, while you would never fall for that kind of thing?

Where do you get your information from, concerning government and its inner workings and its secrets? Do you have some kind of special, privileged access, or can we all look at your sources and evaluate them?

Do you think America would be greater if people were more educated and less simpleton? What would it take to get more Americans up to your level of understanding, do you think?
    Is that fair, in your opinion, or is this because there's a deep state conspiracy against Trump? If it's the conspiracy, how did you find out about it?
    Why? How do you know this?
    You don't like Biden, it seems. Why?
    Who's "we"?

Would you have preferred it if the Soviet Union had not broken up? Why?

Do you think the US was solely, or mostly, responsible for the breakup of the Soviet Union? Could there have been any internal factors that helped?

If the US was able to break up the Soviet Union back then, why is it that the US can't or won't bring down regimes like Putin's - or even Kim Jong Un's - these days? Has US power declined so much since 1990? Or is it that Biden and his cronies prefers to keep Putin in power? (Why?)

Why didn't Trump end Putin's regime?

Or do you think Putin's regime is good? How about Putin's invasion of Ukraine? Good, or bad?

Lots of questions, I know, but I'm interested in how you got to where you are, in your current thinking.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
  17. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

Yes, but I predict he will not run as an independent and destroy the GOP,, as he easily could. I don't think he could accept losing as a third party candidate.

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

that is a gross misreading of who trump is. starting a third party wouldn't be about winning, it be about punishing the republican party.

19. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

I agree. There are those that think that because there are "Sore Loser" laws in a few states(Laws that prevent someone from running as a third party if they lose in a primary) Trump would not run third party if he fails to get the nomination, as those electoral votes would be out of his reach.*
    However, that's assuming that Trump is a "normal" politician. For him, it wouldn't be about what's best for the party or even winning, but just petty revenge.
    * And while it is true that those laws might not be able to survive a constitutional challenge, there would not likely be enough time to complete such a challenge in the time between the primaries and General election.

20. billvon Valued Senior Member

?? He already lost as a mainstream candidate. By running as a third party candidate he could take a much simpler "everyone is a loser except me" approach to the campaign, and then funraise off how the election was stolen when he loses again.

At this point, Trump's only consistent political position has been "fuck you" whether the "you" is immigrants, China, democrats, Biden, veterans, environmentalists etc. As a third party candidate he can say "fuck you" to everyone - and garner a lot of support from the haters in the US.

21. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

Points well taken.

But I think my prediction is still a pretty safe bet, because he will most likely be the GOP candidate anyway, and so will not have to run as a third party. They are feckless and shameless enough to no longer be concerned about the embarrassment and disgrace of his attempted coup. That lasted about one day for them, and even then was kept mostly behind the scenes.

But in my post, I was assuming he would understand that if he ran as a third party candidate, not only would the GOP lose, but he would most likely lose as well. I don't think he would want to do that, at least not wittingly. But if he actually thought he could win as a third party, then of course he would have no problem with it.

22. zacariah88 Registered Member

Bobby Kennedy Jr. can win but it will happen some other candidate from democrats might join. Were talking more suprises doubt even for the republicans truly we don't know who is gonna win ! No one for sure, it could be war happens and the elections cancel and other things happen. Or even Donald Trump doesn't run and other republicans can run, bloomberg is one that can suprises us all like last time and other candidate comes out. Dan Crenshaw can be a suprise candidate.

Good news have arrived because of the candidates more money will flux in the campagin and revitalize some parts of USA. But we will see when the elections starts my bid is Donlad Trump jr. with special VP could change the balance.

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What are the chances that Tucker Carlson will run for President, after being fired by Fox?

What do you think about his chances if he did?