Psychic abilities ---> Earth-based religion

LephtShew

Registered Senior Member
Okay so here's the dealio:

My question is regarding those who have any sort of paranormal abilities including telekinesis, telepathy etc. Do you, or have you ever been a follower of an earth-based religion such as wicca or druidism or any other? The reason I ask is because there are quite a few similarities between them. For example predicting the future through dreams, or using divination methods, both have the same purpose and are similar. I just thought It would be interesting to find out if anyone here follows any of these religions since I'm currently reading about them.
Thank you

Almost every religion on the planet has divination methods and dreams that predict the future. I think that religion incorporates the paranormal abilities of certain individuals, rather than religion granting the paranormal.

That's a good point and I agree with you there, but is it possible that some of these religions dont "grant" you ability, but rather guide you to using them, assuming you have these abilities to begin with?

is it possible that some of these religions dont "grant" you ability, but rather guide you to using them, assuming you have these abilities to begin with?
Yes, that really could be. I think it is, actually. I think it's even more so a social conditioning.
For instance, Indian tribes that use psychotropic mushrooms train their initiatives in the ways to use them, and how to use their trip while on the mushroom. While tripping out on shrooms, they see bears or coyotes which mean whatever in their particular religion. They don't see planes and automobiles or Rick James, or Jesus.

Voodoo can actually create zombies. However, zombie creation would really only work on someone who believes in it, such as a native Haitian. Voodoo priests have the ability, while under the influence of one of their deities, to consume burning hot coals.

I believe that if these priests weren't raised under Voodoo, they would be unable to eat coals. If instead they were raised under Christianity, perhaps they would speak in tongues or see visions.

Back