Psychology of Conspiracy Theorists

That's like an article that says "oh, so the government says we landed on the moon? Well, they say the Earth is round too! Do you believe THAT, too, like some brainless sheep? Baaa!"
Go look at some of the closed threads in this section.

Suggestions , billvon .
I'll start with some basic fields.

Thermodynamics
Kinetics
Fluid dynamics
Electromagnetics
Atmospheric science
Planetary geology

Calculus
Differential equations

I could list the course books I used for those, but they are pretty old at this point. I will look up some new ones tomorrow.

I'll start with some basic fields.

Thermodynamics
Kinetics
Fluid dynamics
Electromagnetics
Atmospheric science
Planetary geology

Calculus
Differential equations

I could list the course books I used for those, but they are pretty old at this point. I will look up some new ones tomorrow.

Your learning billvon

Sometimes the older books have something New . And the new brings in something old .

Life Sciences as well .

Last edited:
Just stumbled across this pearl of wisdom.
xysq1U4.jpeg

Just stumbled across this pearl of wisdom.
xysq1U4.jpeg
Indeed it is so

Which is why something like this happening is weird

Marjorie Taylor Greene

Marjorie Taylor Greene had promoted baseless QAnon conspiracy theories and endorsed violence against Democrats.

Before the vote, she said she regretted her views, which included claims that school shootings and 9/11 were staged.

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject....s://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55940542

How did she get elected to start with?

Does your pearl of wisdom hold for all (most) of America. She won with 52% of those who voted

:)

And here's an interview I posted ealier on the subject of conspiracies and those that push them, on Australia's 60 Minutes.......worth another repeat.....

usa
white
over 55 years old
= what percentage of obesity
= what percentage of terribly bad skin condition ?

how does the public image effect usa peoples opinion of the value of the persons believability & the observers ability to relate to them ?
in the USA the majority need to personally relate to someone before they can listen to them objectively & take on board any scientific data.

they are white so they dont understand by blackness
they are black so they dont understand my whiteness
etc etc etc

indoctrinated inter-generational xenophobia as a cultural normative function of intellect.

helpingnothelping

In the end its about the lack of trust in government , which has been going on for decades . Which leads to looking for the truth in other directions of information . Of which verification can only come from these sources .

The only way to resolve this is by government and the media , to consistantly tell the truth , from here on out .

I identify as a political cynic

I would put myself down as a soft political cynic

From my observations they gee the people up who they hope / wish will vote for them promising, by claiming problems perceived by the person, they, as a politician, will be able to fix said problem

:)

they gee the people up who they hope / wish will vote for them promising, by claiming problems perceived by the person, they, as a politician, will be able to fix said problem
Our Prime Minister (Justin Trudeau) likes to say that they're "working very hard" to solve the problem. I'd like to tell him that "working very hard" is the bare minimum requirement, not something to brag about.

Regarding conspiracy theories, I suppose we all tend to think of ourselves as very clever detectives, like Sherlock Holmes. But he was a fictional character, and also one who had the advantage of having the most hidden secrets given to him through the author who wrote the stories. There are not that many true Columbo types out in the real world. Especially on the internet, where there are so many false starts, intentional or otherwise.

Last edited:
Back