Racism in the NFL Draft?

madanthonywayne

Morning in America
Registered Senior Member
Toby Gerhart is a 6-foot, 231-pound power back who ran for 1,871 yards and 27 touchdowns last season, getting edged out by Alabama’s Mark Ingram in the closest Heisman vote in history. He ran a 4.50-second 40-yard dash and registered a 38-inch vertical leap, both impressive numbers for a player his size.
He hopes to get drafted as a running back in the NFL, but he has one problem:
“He’ll be a great second-round pickup for somebody, but I guarantee you if he was the exact same guy – but he was black – he’d go in the first round for sure,” the scout said. “
I'm no expert in evaluating football players, but it would seem that being white isn't always to one's advantage after all.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-gerhartstereotype042010

from what I heard earlier today on ESPN radio its not anything to do with race but everything to do with how the league is and his abilities. its a pass heavy league now a days and from what I heard though he has decent speed he runs up right meaning he gets drilled a lot when hit. teams are worried he won't be able to take the beating a running back takes.

Yeah and what's up with all those basketball coaches picking all those black players?

Back