Request for a four-year old review of "We should bomb China" thread

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Billy T, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

Go to the rate thread button, NeverFly, and select terrible. Then report the OP for trolling. That's what I did.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

No, not even close to my ideas /objectives in the four year old post. My main clearly stated point, but perhaps too subtly stated for you to follow, was/ is that GWB´s trickle down (and other Republican suggestions the we dare not tax the "job creators" more as Buffett is suggesting) does NOT create jobs in the USA, but in countries like China and actually DESTROYS JOBS IN THE USA.

This, as the election approaches, this is a very current topic for debate. As these, mainly Republican supporters of trickle down have been so "brainwashed" they do not respond to rational arguments, I turned to an irrefutable historical example of “trickle down´s” destruction of US jobs to make my point, after only getting ignored when asking: "Where will the jobs be created?"

(A) In the country with the highest labor cost in the world (and many basic heavy industry factories that are inefficient, like steel production, because they are decades old) OR

(B) In low labor cost areas with much greater markets with very low market saturation (i.e. many first time buyers instead of a replacement market), and larger population with rapidly growing purchasing power?

The answer is obvious and the very wealthy are not stupid. – They will build factories, create jobs, where the expected profits (rate of returns) are several times higher, not to mention that in China there is very little environmental or other limiting regulations.

I think it is irrefutably clear that the many, more-modern, factories that have been built with GWB´s “trickle down” tax reductions for the very wealthy, have closed many no-longer competitive US factories or forced others to out source jobs to stay open.

While supporters of “trickle down” are correct that it does create jobs, they ignore the question of where, as posed by (A) & (B) but they can not ignore these historically facts:

US is not longer competitive in manufacturing or production of mass consumption electronic devices; Has if fully accounted 20% or more un and under employment; That more than 50 million Americans now are needing food stamps to put food on the table, and that number has been increasing every month for more than two years; Has an essentially stagnated economy that refuses to respond to about 4 trillion dollars of new money thrown at it by FED, (TARP, QE1, QE2 etc.) or artificially low long term interest rates (“operation “twist”) that recently drove the 10year bond to below 1.5% interest rate (not seen for more than 60 years, when government was also holding rates down to finance WWII). In fact, WWIII, an economic war, started more than a decade ago and China is clearly winning.

The OP of my poll post of four years ago predicted all these bad things that have happened to the US economy and laid the blame directly on the self-interested, greedy investors, using their GWB tax relief to profit by the destruction of the US economy. Here is that part of the OP:
    * I had to say "Keynesian Deficits" as terms like TARP, QE1, QE2, "operation twist" etc. had not yet been invented. (QE3 is soon coming, but probably with some new name, as the first two did little good - certainly did not fix what is in fact un-fixable now.)

I really don´t understand how you could think my point was about "unfair trade practices" - It is quite clear what my point was and still is. I sorry you either have not read the four year old poll post or lack the ability to understand that I am taking an extreme position that is more difficult to ignore than the logical arguments of (A) & (B) above.

SUMMARY: GWB´s tax relief for the very wealthy was a huge mistake – has basically destroyed the US economy, which will not recover while better factories with much lower labor cost exist. – I.e. the US and EU are headed for the world´s worst and longest lasting depression, and there is nothing that can be done about it now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Chipz Banned Banned

Which brings up another point. I want my infraction for saying Muhammed was a son of a bitch reviewed.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*facepalm*

On what grounds, Chipz? It was, for all intents and purposes, meaningless in the context of the discussion that was going on...

8. Balerion Banned Banned

The intent of your comment was what got you that infraction, not the content. Mohammad was a pretty lousy human being. I doubt many free thinkers would disagree with that. The point is what you were trying to accomplish with that post.

9. Bells Staff Member

Why don't you PM James and ask him to review it Chipz?

Then perhaps you can also explain to him why you have reneged on the agreement regarding your return, you know, the one that stated you weren't allowed to post in any thread pertaining to the religions involved after your previous incarnate on this site was banned for hate speech, wasn't it?

10. Chipz Banned Banned

I was banned for spamming, not hate speech. I literally posted around 30 threads in the course of an hour (many of which I thought were funny). Second, I made no poorly-intended contribution to religious topics... rather I was being legitimately serious when I made that comment. Yeah, it was brusk and open to interpretation. Unfortunately yours viewed it poorly.

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Warning.
    Don't post on this thread. You'll get banned!

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I was once given an infraction for suggesting that Americans were overweight.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Captain Kremmen - if you have a specific item you would like reviewed, please take it up with a mod/supermod/admin via PM - this thread is almost three years old and has long served its purpose

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.