Sick of the blatent bias!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Reiku, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Gustav Banned Banned

james is awesome

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Science is science and research is pseudo until it becomes science.

I would love to see discussions that were free of judgement. The same concept behind brainstorming. In brainstorming there is no incorrect answer because if there was nobody would say anything (like sciforums). However brainstorming often yields a few good ideas.

People do not need to be entirely correct to seed an idea with merit.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Insert Title Here)

True, but presentation is everything.

Perhaps because of presentation, as much as anything else, though, this isn't the nature of the community. Given a choice between the oft-laborious process of starting with, "Well, you're onto something, but you're not into the realm of validity yet," and the easy gratification of telling someone what a moronic whack-job they are, well, it's not hard to tell what this community's members want.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CptBork Valued Senior Member

There have definitely been posters on the boards who've completely misrepresented their personal state of knowledge on a given topic, but insisted on speaking about it as if they were a well-learned expert. When someone outright lies about their capabilities and understanding, and then proceeds to post total nonsense under the guise of being well-informed, they deserve to be summarily labelled a whack-job. Those who have some limitation to their understanding but aren't trying to convince anyone otherwise deserve the more laborious constructive criticisms.

8. Gustav Banned Banned

here is an idea......boycott reiku

/smirk

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

If your "research" shows that 2 + 2 = 5, then I think we can safely say it's nonsense without investigating much further.

Mister's posts about the meaning of "perpendicular" are in the same category. The term "perpendicular" has a well-defined and solidified scientific meaning. There's no room for argument about it.

Maybe you ought to consider the idea that sometimes people are just flat-out wrong about stuff. Especially stuff that contradicts basic, well-established scientific facts.

It's patronising and molly-coddling to say "Yes, dear, well 2 + 2 = 5 may be right. We're not absolutely 100% sure that 2 + 2 = 4, so maybe you're on to something important with that. Who knows? All of mathematics may turn out to be wrong after all."

Some mistakes should just be nipped in the bud.

"Yes, dear, your idea that 2 + 2 = 5 has merit. It may even be close to being correct! Keep working on it, dear. Let's brainstorm it together, shall we? What if 2 + 2 = 3?"

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Silly James, 2 + 2 = 22, didn't you know that?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No, but seriously... if there is something that is intended to "challenge the norm", it damned well better have a good bit of weighted scientific data to back it up... else, well, don't be surprised when ya get laughed at *shrug*

11. Reiku Banned Banned

Indeed.

My name is almost a swear word here!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Reiku Banned Banned

But here is the problem, why do they have government systems if this is the norm?

We might as well turn this completely into a nazi dictatorship lol

13. Reiku Banned Banned

Why should I be? Arguably, James made the right decision. It is close to the time of good will to all good men.

I am good, I am not evil. I appreciate science just like the next.

I am Reiku, but pardons have been expressed and I am no longer him, as just as the test of time.

14. Reiku Banned Banned

I agree, It is my favourite site ever. my heart and spirit lay here.

I was here 4 years ago, If I am not allowed a pardon, who is?

15. Reiku Banned Banned

Or isn't. Maybe should be the question. James is a kind man really.

16. Reiku Banned Banned

What a weight is lifted off my shoulders... seriously. Thank you james.

17. Reiku Banned Banned

indeed.

18. Reiku Banned Banned

i cannot mature in the eye's of those who treated me the same as before. That is biased and judging me before the bells have rang.

19. Reiku Banned Banned

And your contribution here is?

Your avatar message say's

''arguing with a crank is useless''

So why do you spend nearly all your time doing so? :shrug:

Isn't that a form of trolling?

20. Reiku Banned Banned

No, I think again you are apart of this clique.

If one member seperate to me has a problem, or one error in their math, you are willingly able to help them in a kind way.

My name is so deterrent, that if it was me, you would be happy moving any thread of mine on one error to any psuedo-related subject. That is dishonest and unfair.

21. Reiku Banned Banned

For the record, James reason for infractioning me was because i did this

''intentionally''

he honestly asked where this information came from, and it came from a reputable scientist. If I have indeed proven I was mistaken, hopefully he will mention it here. :shrug:

22. Reiku Banned Banned

Totally though, maybe in a strict conformance with a peer related article, ready for publication?

Not on a forum, where any question should be tolerated by any form or person?

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Mister, no offense but... holy dodecapost Batman... you can do a multi-quote you know (and yes, I have been guilty of doing the same in the past and have worked to no longer do threadnaughts)