Skinwalker banning Scifes unacceptable

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by DiamondHearts, May 22, 2009.

1. leopold Valued Senior Member

you presented evidence that skin is "editing and deleting" posts.
    practically everyone here knows what a dyed in the wool atheist skin is.
    i presented a thread called "why does evolution select against atheists" that ran for 31 pages and is still going. this thread is posted in skins forum.
    skin has not edited or deleted a single post in that thread to my knowledge.

so don't tell me i haven't presented any evidence.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How would you know if he had or had not deleted any posts?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

he was tracking the post numbers.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

this is post #203 for example.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

correct sam, i don't know for a fact because i haven't saved every page of that thread to my HDD and compared what is on the board to what would have been on my HDD.

the mods and admins would know though wouldn't they?

the posters that posted in said thread would know, no one has said anything about any edits or deletions.

interesting concept john.

8. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Oh please. Man's inhumanity to man indeed!

You're still a fly

You are not immune to the odd personal attack John so don't play like you are 'suffering ills'

Get a grip already, you already know from experience that when someone comes at me in a neutral way my response is also neutral, when someone is being a git I respond to a git.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  9. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Whining in a civilized manner is still whining.

The poll didn't show mods or skinwalker need to be changed or change in general. What you fail to understand is they are looking at moderation, skinwalkers and the others overall. Overall there is nothing wrong with the moderation in general, your quilbbling doesn't amount to a HUGE problem. Look at any of the whine fests and you will notice very few who have something to complain about because most at sciforums are fine with the moderation.

Nudges on open threads are abound dearie or haven't you noticed and what is more there is nothing wrong with it.

10. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

This thread has been far from whining. It is in fact legitimate criticism of the moderation on this forum. I suppose that this subforum is called 'SF Open Government' for a reason. The reason why I have singled out Skinwalker for his unprovoked warnings given to me, and the banning of Scifes is to illustrate that he is one bad moderator in a forum in which I do not have any problems with any other moderator.
    Agreed, the temporary banning of scifes is not the issue, it is simply my catalyst for creating this thread. I had tried to get some action taken before against Skinwalker, but I did not have much support initially. I opened several threads challenging the decisions of the bannings of Lord_Voldemort and Kadark, but those threads were locked and my posts in other threads were deleted.

Nor of mine. I had exactly the same experience as you. It seems to me that the majority of moderators here are Atheists, hence they may agree with Skinwalker's rigid moderation. I don't know, I have not heard anything from the moderators as of yet. I hope someone will contact me about this.

Lucy, the main point is not the personal attack, though I believe it reveals Skinwalker's hatred of religious people and his patronizing attitude towards people whom he disagrees with. The main point is that legitimate debate is being censored in this forum. Naturally, I felt insulted by Skinwalker's constant harassment, by warning my posts and leaving offensive replies to them or insulting PMs (the Assalam Alaikum thing was the least of them). However, I don't really care what people say about me really, I have a tough skin and the only thing which I opposed is the fact that my on-topic, well thought-out, and referenced posts were being deleted without any satisfactory explanation. That is mainly what this thread is about. Thank you for your concern, but I have gone through far more bigotry and racism than present on this forum, believe me.

All I really want form the moderators are satisfactory and in-depth replies to my queries as to particular deletions or warnings of my posts. Furthermore, I want the evidence for scifes' ban to be laid out in the open and judge for myself if it was acceptable. That's all I've really asked for.

My opinion on this matter is still resolute that I believe Skinwalker should not be able to moderate any forum related to religion. From my experience in this forum, it has resulted in nothing but censorship of the religious view, and in particular the Muslim view on such topics (esp. in relation to Islam).

It is up to the moderators to make the decision for themselves, just keep in mind that dissatisfaction over Skinwalker's moderation has increased in this forum and will continue to increase. The moderators should do what is best to preserve an open, intellectual, and unbiased debate for Sciforums.

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

do i detect the strong odor of ego?

12. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

There are plenty of forums where theists are not censored 1 bit yet most censor atheists. Offline, atheists are censored much more than theists. Yet theists bitch because they aren't allowed free rein here. I wish they'd restrict theist babbling much more.
    There's nothing wrong with having a rational oriented forum without preaching, proselytizing & faithful foolishness.

13. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

:yawn:
    you're all saying right things..but i think a conclusion would be nice..you know..something like this:
    then we can move forward..should we have a raise of hands?

14. scott3x Banned Banned

If we were to strictly stick to the topic of this thread, I would raise my hand. Personally, however, I think we would be better off by judging other cases concerning Skinwalker, such as his deletions of my posts, for instance.

15. scott3x Banned Banned

Yes, but I presented more than that. I presented evidence for the unfairness of the deletions. You have presented no evidence that the deletions were fair in any way.

I was talking about his deletions of my posts, not about this thread you speak of. I even gave a possible explanation for why he is perhaps showing more restraint then he normally would in this thread you speak of; since his deletions of my posts, I have created a thread addressing said deletions and now DiamondHearts has created this thread concerning Skinwalker's 1 day ban of scifes. Then, ofcourse, there's S.A.M.'s belief that Skinwalker has been out of line as well, and ofcourse scifes.. so I think it would stand to reason that he might wish to keep a low profile for now, don't you?

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Oh no, you certainly did provoke.

Atheism has nothing to do with it.

I can't speak for Skin, but he certainly hasn't shown hatred towards anyone here, hence you are lying and this thread only demonstrates that in full context.

:roflmao:
    You've had none given to you here that I've ever seen. However, you've demonstrated ongoing bigotry and racism yourself.

It's understandable that you're upset you can't preach your cult here, but that's not what this forum is for.

Hence, they're dealing you up on exactly those characteristics you fail to demonstrate.

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

This is profoundly silly. I'm a theist, and Skinwalker's atheist stance doesn't bother me. Why should it, unless I thought he was perhaps too accurate in his perceptions of religion?

18. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

19. scott3x Banned Banned

I believe that the true issue here isn't just about theology. I don't think Skinwalker has ever deleted a post of mine because of the religious views I hold. The issue here is that Skinwalker seems to have something of a track record of disliking it when people disagree with him. I believe that the 2 posts of mine that he deleted and warned me on are excellent examples. I firmly believe that he shouldn't be allowed to delete posts simply because someone says that they think that some moderators here don't properly understand the scientific method, for starters. And when he deleted a post simply for pointing out his hypocracy in a thread, and labelling it as 'off topic', I found that I could no longer tolerate posting in his forums. If someone says something interesting in them, I'd rather just PM them than risk more ridiculous deletions and warnings.

20. scott3x Banned Banned

Diamond, I feel for you. But honestly, I think that all you may get for your efforts is a ban. Since I have other subjects that I can talk about other than religion, I generally do this instead. However, I have talked a little about it in other forums.

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

this is nothing less than "preaching the bible".
    it has no place here diamondhearts.
    let me give you an example of what i would find acceptable:
    22. and mary and george begat a child
    23. this child was the father of such and such tribe.
    24. this tribe did this and that and mingled with other tribes.
    something along these lines at least have the possibility of being argued against.

something i find unacceptable:
    22. god came down from the mountain.
    23. he got a fish and with this fish fed 10,000 people.
    24. he vanished by walking across the ocean.
    do you see the difference here diamondhearts?

22. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

leo you seem not to get it..not moderating one thread discussing evolution and atheism isn't proof of unbiased moderation..
    moderation of multiple threads and posts discussing atheism is proof of biased moderation..

what is happening in the thread you're talking about should happen everywhere..

also..my one day ban isn't the matter discussed here..at least not in the ban itself..but in the reasons of the ban, and how those reasons have extended to other posts and threads in forms other than one-day bans..

personally this doesn't affect me much..i'm in a forum with rules..biased or not i'll try to adapt..life isn't fair..you live with it..

this doesn't mean that DH and scot and any others don't have the right to ask for their rights..and fight for them..it's just we do things differently..

maybe it's just that i haven't been here long enough to get fed up

23. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

No 1 here will feed you any up but you might eat your pillow.