Superluminal speeds by antigravity

crazymikey

Open-minded Scientist
Registered Senior Member
I was just pondering as usual, and considering, how one could possibly accelerate beyond c. We know in the observable universe, mass cannot travel beyond c because of the following:

1: Mass becomes infinite due to the additional momentum energy
2: Time stops(I'm unsure how accurate this is)

I'm offering this as a completely speculative theory. What if we could prevent this by accelerating the mass in a non linear field that somehow couteracts or nullifies the quantum principle that is causing the additional momentum energy to form mass.

In fact, I suspect that gravity has a key role in why this additional momentum energy condenses to form matter. So, if we were to accelerate a mass in an anti gravitational field that is equal and opposite to the gravitational field of the mass, would it be theoretically possible to exceed c without incurring the effects of relativity and to be able to instantly accelerate and deaccelerate to dramatic speeds.

Last edited:
crazymikey said:
...I suspect that gravity has a key role in why this additional momentum energy condenses to form matter.
Why is this suspect?

:m: Peace.

It may be possible for matter to exceed the speed of light in black holes. It has been said that the physical laws as we know them cease to exist, in that case why not super luminal speeds? But it's pure speculation, we can never see what happens inside a black hole.

I suspect it, because mass has gravitational energy, and the conversion of additional momentum energy to mass implies an increase in gravitational energy. It is more of a hunch that gravitation is what causes energy to form into mass. In some ways, it seems reasonable, that an attractive force causes energy to crystalize into solid matter.

At the speed of light, and at very high concentrations of energies, It may facilitate the formation of mass.

In fact, mass may initially(the big bang and later) have formed due to high concentration of energies and superluminal speeds producing an intense gravitational field(which further is some emergent property of Higgs bosons perhaps) This is perhaps, I am not saying it is, why mass is gained. Hence, why I say, that if the effect is countered by an equal and opposite force that acts as antigravity, it maybe possible to completely nullify the effect.

This would explain, how UFO's can instantly accelerate to mega sonic speeds, and how this also allows superluminal travel. In fact, it also accounts for the possible collision with space debris, as it acts as a repulsive force field.

Another speculation of black holes. It may be that incredible gravitational fields accelarate matter to super luminal speeds at which point the speedy matter breaks through our space time geometry and appears as a big bang somewhere else. The speedy matter slows down to sub-luminal shortly after the big bang.

So you can't reach the speed of light because your mass increases asymptotically as you approach it.
The gravitational force can be expressed in units of acceleration (metres per second squared) or as force per unit mass (Newtons per kilogram). This means that the gravitational force on an object increases in line with the object's mass, and this is the reason why in a vacuum a cannonball falls at the same rate as a feather. It also means that as you accelerate under the influence of gravity, and as your relativistic mass increases, so too does the gravitational force acting on you - seemingly (to this layman) with the effect of balancing out the increase in relativistic mass.

But Crazymikey, why post it here? In the physics and maths forum you might get some intelligent discussion. Here you'll just get your sycophantic followers pulling speculation out of their arses in an attempt to provide a scientific justification for their latest idea.

Thanks Faulty,

I haven't posted this in the Physics and math forums, because it's considered "pseudoscience" and secondly, it's very speculative. I am sure whoever wants to discuss this, can discuss this here too.

Yes it's speculative, but the kind of speculation you'll encourage in the physics forum will at least have some basis in science. By posting here I think you're just inviting wild unconsidered ramblings, rather than the rational responses I presume you're hoping for.

Back