Thanks to Trippy

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by dumbest man on earth, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

DMOE, Paddoboy, for the love of all that is holy, just put each other on your respective ignore lists and get on with life... seriously. It's obvious you two can't stand one another, so instead of fighting like a couple of angry hens, why not simply stay away from one another?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Not the first time this course of action has been reccomended.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

works wonders.
    i just wished ignored posters couldn't quote you.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

With all due respect, Kittamaru :

1.) - Are Members of SciForums allowed to make serious allegations toward anther Member, and then Refuse to supply "evidence" supporting those allegations?

2.) - Are Members allowed to state : "This is a demonstrable lie.", about another Member's statement, without then producing any "evidence" to back up such a "libelous" statement?

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Let me retort with a question of my own - Do you honestly believe you will change each others mind on any of this? Thus, is it worth going about slinging mud at one another and dragging yourselves down, or should you just agree to disagree and simply stop interacting with one another?

If you put him on ignore, and he continues to attack you, not only will you not see it (and thus not reply to it), but he will wind up getting punished for it.

9. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

kitt,
    that's one of my points,
    they do not think.

the human race ceased to develop, it struggles for petty comfort and false security, there is no time for thought.
    soon there will be no time for reasoning, and man will lose sight of the truth.[the sixth finger,ancient outer limits]

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

That particular episode of The Outer Limits scared the crap out of me. I believe David McCallum starred.

11. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

it's one of my , what i call, constants .

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

13. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

[video=youtube;8Exb0ulgvDg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Exb0ulgvDg[/video]

14. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

If it economically better for the individual, and B. F. Skinner was your father, I'm sure things could be different.

15. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Kittamaru, I, dmoe, Honestly am not trying to "change" anyone's "mind"!

Kittamaru, I honestly believe that I cannot and will not "change" neither Trippy's, nor paddoboy's "mind" about anything!

Kittamaru, I honestly believe that no one can or will ever "change" either Trippy's, or paddoboy's "mind" about anything!

Kittamaru, I honestly believe that the Incessant, Completely Unwarranted and Totally Unnecessary Harassment that I am being subjected to should never have started - and according to the "Sciforums - Rules, Posting Guidelines and Advice to Members" : http://www.sciforums.com/announcement.php?f=30 - should have been taken care of Long Before It Came To This Point!

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

In that case... why are you posting here at all? If you don't intend to change anyone's mind, or even believe that you can... then what are your intentions here? To use the site as a sort of personal journal perhaps?

Not trying to be a smartass... just genuinely curious.

17. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

To engage in Open, Honest, Earnest and Intelligent Discussion.
    Kittamaru, an Open, Honest, Earnest and Intelligent Discussion is not about changing anyones mind.
    Only one's self can truly change one's own mind.
    An Open, Honest, Earnest and Intelligent Discussion may lead to that.
    An Argument never will.

To engage in Open, Honest, Earnest and Intelligent Discussions.
    I have no ulterior motive.

I never presumed, assumed or opined that you were.
    Kittamaru, genuine curiosity is a rare bird.
    I believe it was Albert Einstein that said “It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.”

Kittamaru, I am only here to engage in Open, Honest, Earnest and Intelligent Discussions.
    I have stated that, Emphatically, many times.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  18. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Your failure to change my mind does not equate to an inability of my mind to be changed.

It simply means you have so far failed to provide an argument I find compelling.

19. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Of course. I find DMOE's implication rather insulting. I find that particularly insulting because as someone like you or I that is trained in science and has a career in science we are changing our minds all the time. I run dozens of experiemnts a year for instance and every single one of them forces me to change my mind about something!

To change the mind of a person on a particular foundational subject that they understand, you better have some pretty damn compelling evidence because no amount of handwaving is going to do the trick!

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

DMOE, thing is... to engage in honest and open conversation about these topics, especially intelligent conversation, you must either be changing someone elses mind, having your own mind changed, or concurring with someone else.

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

people can have an open, honest, and intelligent discussion and still disagree.

22. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

I'm having trouble coming up with much more of a response to this than "you and me both".

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

This is true, but typically an objective of that discussion is to at least attempt to sway the other side.