The Great Awakening

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Bowser, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

There has been some talk online that the current pandemic will result in "A Great Awakening" on a global scale, that people will reevaluate their lives in search for answers. Knowing that change evolves out of a crisis, I can see how this current crisis should cause a shift in the paradigm, whether that be economic, social, spiritual or all three.

Worthy of consideration, the last century gave witness to two world wars, a cold war, a great depression, and a flu pandemic. Will this current crisis be enough to cause dramatic change? Will people realize that we are all of the Earth, not mere visitors?

Nonetheless, I felt this thread belonged in the Religion Forum. If I am mistaken, please move it to another.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Not at all.

Seven billion people in the world Bowser will not be worried even if the death toll goes to half a million and Wall Street collapses and you run out of toilet paper.

Most are only concerned with where their next meal is coming from having missed the last two...they have no time to indulge the luxury of fairey tales and fantasy as do you.

You really need to think how the rest of the world lives and get over yourself.

Alex

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Well said Alex.

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thanks foghorn at least you can see what gets me going... I just get sick of folk so wrapped up in their own delusional importance they totally lose touch with all reality and if you are a Christian from the USA you are hopelessly out of touch.

They think the whole world is about them when in fact the population of the USA is a mere 4•5% of the world's population ...the whole USA could disappear and the world population is still over six and a half billion.

Great awakening...folk like Bowser will never wake up you can lay out the truth or the numbers and all you will get from him is he is somehow feeling spiritual...stick him in a room in India where ten people live and you take turns sleeping in the one bed..spiritual bullshit..no wonder George Carlin was so successful he had limitless material to draw upon.
    How many people died in the tsunamis Bowser did the survivors change much? 227,898 deaths mate, Hati Earthquake 200,000, ever think about that a d your make believe gods impotency?
    Do you ever realise the numbers that your news says have died overseas are real humans...or do they deserve it somehow?
    What is in that head of yours Bowser.
    Alex

foghorn likes this.
  8. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Wasn't it something about a 4k video camera ?
    Now, in times of "A Great Awakening", you sure need one of those.