The reason for the decline in forum membership - anyone?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Quantum Quack, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Yes...without woo....it makes this place really boring. We actually need MORE woo.

Woo encourages learning. If someone says something you know is woo...but don't have the data to refute it, you must seek out the data to refute the woo....and learning happens.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

maybe just another football to kick around hey?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Footballs are fun to kick..and so are woos. But both have their place here to better us all.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I think JamesR knows why...why not ask him?

You will notice that the thread I referred Balerion to is still locked in the cesspool.
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?102114-Flame-Quantum-Quack-Thread-Now-s-your-chance
    so the roll back seems rather selective don't you think...

8. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Jesus Christ...are you a conspiracy theorist too QQ? the fucking forum had a major problem....all posts were deleted. Or do you think it's a plot against you?

9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Suffice to say Paranoia comes in many forms....

11. Balerion Banned Banned

12. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

LOL...good one!

I'm just saying...anyone who thinks the events of the past 24 hours are some kind of censorship...then the board censors Sche's photos of her wonderful lettuce, and censors my bacon-based potatoes recipe.

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

yeah but the last post was made just before the so called roll back and thread closure happen immediately after I posted the referral. Sorry Balerion...but you'd have to be an utter moron to NOT know what that means.

14. Balerion Banned Banned

What the hell is bacon? I've certainly never heard of it...and if you're smart, you will say the same.

I want him to be honest. I want him to stop lying, to show some integrity.

What does this have to do with anything? I couldn't care less whether he stayed or went.

15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

And just about every active member is subscibed to this thread... "spamming their inboxes" remember...?

16. Balerion Banned Banned

Wrong again. The thread closure happened immediately after your referral, but the rollback happened more than a day later.

I guess you'd have to be at least semi-conscious to know that, though, so you're excused.

17. Balerion Banned Banned

Except those who have the "Do not subscribe" option checked in their settings menu, of course, which is almost assuredly everyone, because doing otherwise would be absolutely ridiculous.

18. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Yes...it means the board cannot stand to have pictures of 13" lettuce heads posted. Have you ever been diagnosed with a paranoid disorder?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

You gotta remember that all those posts that were deleted have been sent to subscribed members. Now you do realise of course [ or do you] that a "selective" database roll back can not delete the files in their personal inboxes..

They may wish to recall all the posts to this thread that are now missing and work some things out for them selves.

20. Balerion Banned Banned

Look, I don't know where you're going with this stuff about "lettuce" and "bacon," but I just want to make it known that I'm a proud American who has never heard of either of these alleged foodstuffs and does not endorse MacGyver1968's post in any manner whatsoever, and thus should not be subject to search and seizure at the hands of the Super-Secret Special Police Squad.

21. Balerion Banned Banned

Why are you so hung up on this triviality? Who gives a shit? If people don't want their inboxes filled with notifications, they can turn them off or unsubscribe from the thread. It's not a problem.

22. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

My endorsement of the film "Old Boy" was also deleted. Apparently JamesR is also in on a conspiracy to squash recommendations of Korean films that are violent.

23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

oh... of course not... of course not... there there....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.