The Red Sea Crossing

Truth51

Registered Senior Member
Over the years, many professional archaeologists had looked for the site at which Moses parted the waters of the red Sea. An amateur with a passion for the bible, Ron Wyatt, finally found it in 1978. The Gulf of Aquaba is right next to the biblical Mt. Sinai (today's peak Jabal ab Lawz in Saudi Arabia). The site was excavated and it revealed bones, chariots, and more from the reign of Pharaoh Thutmose IV. This site explains it all:

More Proof of the Exodus

Truth51 said:
This site explains it all: More Proof of the Exodus

Of course. Hundreds of archaeologists graduate annually after years of scholarship. Thousands of archaeologists and related scientists participate in multi-disciplary research. Millions of dollars worth of scientific and technological resources are applied to the effort. All of this, and your ding-bat "explains it all" and, what is far more sad, you find all this quite reasonable.

Wyatt is taken seriously only by the gullible with zero knowledge of archaeology. I have a suggestion. Why don't you share with us what you consider his most compelling 'proof, and we'll discuss it.

CA, dont you get it???, theres chariots there, so the obvious conclusion is that Moses parted the sea :p

Thats awsome. Its good to have scientific proof to prove the stories in the bible

I think this is such a good beginning for a scientific article:

"Finally in 1978, Ron Wyatt, an ameteur archaeologist with a passion for the bible, was shown by God that they were looking in the wrong place."

(feel the biting sarcasm in my post :D)

Wonder what's up with those columns? Does anyone think that it might actually be a site that was believed to be the site back in the biblical days? Saudi Arabia made off with theirs and replaced it with a plaque. Sounds kinda defensive to me. :p

Those pictures were a bit speculative too. Personally, I couldn't see the rib cage encrusted in coral, it all looked like coral to me; but even if it was, I kinda doubt a rib cage would survive that long in sea water. Could be wrong on that one.

There's another picture of a wheel and axle that is pristine. How could it have survived in that condition while the others were far more devasted by time? Seems kinda fishy to me.

I can tell you this, if an amateur archeologist found a site of such importance, some professionals would move in and force him out. Need more references than just this guys opinion. Maybe god told him to fake it. After all, it'd just be going along with the tradition of god putting down the dinosaur bones for us to puzzle over. ;)

That link is PROOF!!! .What a pile of crap. I bet you`ve got a washing up fairy living with you as well. The "rib cage" covered in coral is just that-coral. The "axles" would not of survived for a couple of thousand years. More likely is a pissed up farmer driving his donkey cart into the sea.
I can`t belive you belive such tripe :eek:

The only thing that interests me about the story, really, is the columns. Even if it wasn't the Red Sea Crossing site, these columns may still signify something. Hell, might even find some interesting stuff in the garbage, but I doubt anyones gonna find Pharoah. But, like I said earlier, if there was anything to this site, archeologist's would come out of the woodwork. It's pretty obvious from that site, that his "amateur" status is quite real. :p

ive got an update on the situation, an archelogist found some ashes near the dead sea, this is obviously the burning bush that moses saw

Dreamwalker, i dunno about the old border idea, wouldnt the red sea make a much more convinient border? maybe not, i dunno much about geography

I do not know what the red sea looke some thousand years before.
I read in the article that the sea was not as deep at that place as the surrounding waters. Perhaps thousands of years ago, it was some kind of passage due to a low waterlevel. And then, it might not always been accesible because of tidal occurences. So this two columns might have marked the beginning and end of this passage between two bodies of sea.
As some kind of sign to travelers who rather waited until the tides changed thus enabling these travelers to wait at the exact location of the passage.

But who knows, perhaps a golden cow can be found in the vicinity?

ConsequentAtheist said:
Wyatt is a joke. The Biblical Exodus is unevidenced fable.

http://www.bibleandscience.com/archaeology/exodus.htm
http://www.bibleandscience.com/archaeology/exodusdate.htm
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/thera.html
http://www.konig.org/wc52.htm
http://www.katapi.org.uk/BAndS/ChVI.htm
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33168

They all agree with each other; the Exodus was an actual historical event and we have more than enough evidence to prove it.

This isn't a fairy tale.

:D

Truth51 said:
They all agree with each other; ...
Oh my, imagine that: bibleandscience.com agrees with godandscience.org!

Truth51 said:
... the Exodus was an actual historical event and we have more than enough evidence to prove it.
Good. You should therefore have no difficulty selecting what you deem to be a compelling piece of evidence and presenting it here.

Truth51 said:
This isn't a fairy tale.
Not only a fairy-tale, but a fairly primitive one at that.

========================================
I'm quite serious, Truth51. Take responsibility for one single argument and tell us why you think it to be compelling evidence. We'll discuss it and then move on to the next. You'll rapidly discover that you don't know what you don't know, and that the so-called evidence is a tapestry of half truths and misconceptions.

Wasn't that the same dude who found Noah's Ark? Sheesh, he's a super lucky amateur :D

Hang on... wasn't he the same guy who also said he'd found Jesus' blood?

SnakeLord said:
Wasn't that the same dude who found Noah's Ark? Sheesh, he's a super lucky amateur :D

Hang on... wasn't he the same guy who also said he'd found Jesus' blood?

I think his name was Indie Yana Jones. :rolleyes:

:D

Back