The virus...why?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Apr 14, 2020.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Probably because people who believe in God try to influence societies with their beliefs such that it affects others who don't believe in God or may even believe in some other god. Politics is a very obvious one, womens health, property taxes, school curriculum, science, etc.

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Perhaps, if God could at the very least intervene in the things humans can't control, then at the very least, humans could work on the things we can control. Natural disasters, diseases, cancer, etc. could be things God could help with while we could work on things like crime, poverty, racism, etc.

Just think how many people would believe and praise God if they knew this kind of intervention occurred.

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Gods are not as concerned with their popularity rating as presidents.
    At least, that's God's excuse....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Your post gave me a crazy flash .... each say four years an election is held to "elect" the next religious leader and religion that will be the official religion, whatever that may mean, for the next four years. Religious leaders run intensive campaigns, supporters go do to door encouraging folk to vote for whatever religion, the Pope hold mass rallies etc. Victors get sole rights to inhabit the churches etc. and the only religion that can take donations which would see the deal taken very seriously. Losing religions must follow the one in power.
    And the winning leader regularly appears on tv and social media to give updates on gods activity.

Alex

8. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

The Republicans would flood the airwaves with super-pac advertising and cheat like crazy in behalf of the fundies who fund them. Plus ca change.

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I like it

Would atheists band together as a religion?

May as well because atheists frequently are TOLD your only a religion

Might be a problem if called a religion though

Better stay neutral. Let the superstitious fight it out as long as atheists are exempt from religious stuff

Say for example a religion says can only uses red wine from a certain vineyard with another religion picking a different one

We stay neutral. If it is something corporal like driving on a party side of road that applies to everyone

I do like the idea of my god is more god than your god and a popularity contest

Do you think it would flush out the nuts and bolts of what each god does different to other gods?

I suspect religions would go corporal

We feed more homeless and needy the cry goes up

We provided more transport to hospital than others

We gave out more 65" LED TVs AND 5G WiFi modems said The Church of Invisible TV Channel and 5G WiFi Waves

Go for it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And the winning leader regularly appears on tv and social media to give updates on gods activity.

That would be the 5 minutes intermission when low volume soothing music is played while the winning leader reads a blank sheet of paper

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Well it is obvious that we are not going to get any ideas on what gods plan is for humans v virus...maybe he was planning another flood and thought why waste the water a nasty virus should cull a few...I wonder if those who died were sinners or he just let it run hit or miss...probably does not want to play favorites...I wonder how folk would react if the Pope caught the virus and was called upstairs..oh yes ,...they all go to a better place...makes you wonder why all these deaths are a problem...all going to a better place.

It is funny how the apologists for god just keep making up crap...
    Why did god create the virus?
    WHY does he let it run...

alex

11. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Virus

THE WORLD WILL BE MINE, MINE I TELL YOU, ALL MINE

Insert evil virus laugh

Virus thinking
    Oops seems like I have killed off all of my food supply

Goodbye cruel world
    It is better to have lived and killed
    Then never to have to have lived or killed at all

I go to a far far better place than I have known before

Well I have only known this place
    Keep that place in heaven for me
    I'm coming home

What you mean viruses don't have a soul?

12. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I think the activity of the virus shows beyond any reasonable doubt that there are no gods or god and the fact that no theists have come into this thread and explained how the virus fits gods plan tells us that theists must now realise all this god speculation is just made up.

Alex

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

Or there is a God who really, really doesn't like Trump.

14. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

So rather then have him choke to death from swallowing his smart phone this god will let as many people die as it takes so the dems win by default and see Trump playing golf full time enjoying the wonderful life of being an ex President.

Unfortunately there is no logic that can come to the aid of religious folk. If there is a god then he is god and presumably has god like powers that one could think enables him to either not create the virus, or at least to inspire his followers to do social distancing if he wants to keep flogging the free will lie but perhaps just step in and not let people just die.

All these religious folk are so clever discussing the attributes of God, what he wants of us, what he sees as sin, how to manage our slaves which comes from divine inspiration ...then one could expect that explaining to us lesser mortals gods specific plan with this virus would not be in the least taxing for them...but of course they can not...even with a god sized shoe horn one can not fit the virus into the god picture unless one reasonably concludes that God is certainly a myth a place holder for reality that is only needed by folk who want a replacement for that wonderful Santa who was cruelty taken away from them in their childhood.

The virus proves there is no god, Trump proves the Dems are useless.

Alex

15. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

If god made all and knows all, he created your future too,so you dont have a free will,
    Youre like a pupet in his computer game doing whtever he programed you to do.
    Takes while to digest but give it a try

Virus is just nature trying to kill us.
    Theres a book by that name btw
    By Dan Riskin
    Good read

Btw China stoped the virus in 3 months mostly by making wearin protective face masks mandatory for everyone and their economy is doing fantastic as usual
    building megaprojects,infrastructure and high speed railway network our country can only dream about

For honest facts about China Id recomend
    Gweilo 60 chanel

Last edited: May 2, 2020